• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sports Goats

LetsGoPats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, you look like an ass, assuming i said as much

See how you're afraid to address what we're talking about?

You said something dumb and, obviously, you get that now.

LetsGoPats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You obviously know nothing about sports dumbass, if ya did then you'd get never facing African Americans is huge.

You, calling others stupid, hahaha!!!!

So black pitchers are better than white ones?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously exagerration dumbass. And if you read the post I responded to...the conversation wasn’t if he was one of the greatest but that he was not the GOAT. Next time read you old fuck.

And yes Wilt dominating Bill for years...why did Bill win more, well he had 6 HOF teammates. It’s pretty simple, Bill wasn’t even a 1st option on his team for years and we are talking about in an 8-10 team league. The Draymond was not comparing them as PLAYERS but his style in today’s NBA. I have no doubt Bill would be very good in this era but he would be the Draymond type of player, which is almost HOF but not quite. Bill will and should never be in the GOAT conversation and that was the whole point.

Read. Dumbfuck...better put on your bifocals lolzzz
own it don't deflect, it was you who brought up Green and compared him to Russell. It's a top 5 stupid post regardless of era's

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to not ignore how things were pre black athletes. Seriously doubt Don Hutson is blowing by black cornerbacks.

"Cool Papa" Bell in the negros leagues was far faster than anyone in MLB back in the day,

Jackie Robinson was an NCAA long jump champ and a stud running back while at UCLA. Without question the best athlete in MLB.

I think baseball is an exception to that rule when speaking of white hitters before the color line was broken. As someone else here alluded to, it's not as if black pitchers took the league by storm after 1947... or at any time since, ftm.

So I don't know how we'd conclude Ruth's stats, for example, would have been diminished by having to face a black pitcher once in awhile.

Also, back in the 20s baseball was the only sport an athlete could really make some good money playing. So it was the sport most great athletes gravitated to if they had ability. Today athletes can make bank playing dozens of sports and they siphon off a lot people with great athletic ability who might have played baseball if it was the only option.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we know for a fact blacks are better running backs, sprinters, hurdlers, cornerbacks, long jumpers, wide receivers, mobile QB's, basketballers, so to think better pitchers way back then not far fetched.

It's actually very far-fetched given we have 73 years and counting of observing black pitchers competing at the MLB level. So we don't really have to guess and wonder how much of an impact black pitchers would have made. With all due respect, and hats off to all of the great ones, it's fairly minimal.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's actually very far-fetched given we have 73 years and counting of observing black pitchers competing at the MLB level. So we don't really have to guess and wonder how much of an impact black pitchers would have made. With all due respect, and hats off to all of the great ones, it's fairly minimal.

So you are up on the black pitchers in the ***** leagues in the days of Babe Ruth?

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The GOAT for each NFL team, hmmm?

Browns....Jim Brown
Patriots....Tom Brady
Bears.....Walter Payton (sorry Gale)
Lions....Barry Sanders
etc etc

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are up on the black pitchers in the ***** leagues in the days of Babe Ruth?

I've read stories. I've also read that Ruth did quite well when he played against those pitchers and teams during barnstorming tours.

Whether hitting against black pitchers would have negatively impacted his numbers is pure speculation, but I think there's a solid case that it would not have made all that much difference. It's Ruth's pitching ability that really puts him on another level though.