• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spike Lee V Knicks

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I have to use the VIP entrance" cant go through employees only.

Booohooo

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I side with the Knicks on this one. Spike Lee is a spoiled prick.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Though As I said on the other board, "technically maybe he is an employee. He inbounds the ball 1/2 the time

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,643.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may be a spoiled prick but why would the Knicks make a huge deal out of someone entering through the wrong entrance. It’s not like he is beating fans up after he enters through the entrance. Why make such a big deal out of something sooo small like walking through the wrong entrance

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may be a spoiled prick but why would the Knicks make a huge deal out of someone entering through the wrong entrance. It’s not like he is beating fans up after he enters through the entrance. Why make such a big deal out of something sooo small like walking through the wrong entrance
I agree that the Knicks made too big a deal out of it, but when all that is stripped away, Spike was in the wrong.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree that Spike was wrong in this.

If he suddenly decided that he was going to use the employee entrance and just started doing it, I could understand.

But he's been using that entrance for 28 years and now, suddenly, on some random Tuesday night in March...it's a problem?

Considering how terrible the product the Knicks have been putting on the floor for the past 2+ decades has been, they should be thrilled that he still bothers to show up and be so passionate about them.

I'm pretty sure the Lakers couldn't care less what entrance Jack, Denzel, etc. use. They're just thrilled they show up (especially the previous 5-6 years lol).

Heck, they even let Jack Nicholson argue with the refs. lol

Petty nonsense like this and the dust up with Charles Oakley are part of why the Knicks continue to be...well...the Knicks.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like being in the position of defending Dolan or the Knicks, but Spike looked like a punk kid throwing a temper tantrum on Stephen A yesterday. Even had his arms all folded and his pouty-face on. You'd think someone had stolen his lolly.

And I doubt this is the first time they've ever told him not to use the employees' entrance. That's for his own good. If he ever got knocked over by a vendor or other employee, he'd be suing the whole organization. Just use the VIP entrance like all the rest of the New Money.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like being in the position of defending Dolan or the Knicks, but Spike looked like a punk kid throwing a temper tantrum on Stephen A yesterday. Even had his arms all folded and his pouty-face on. You'd think someone had stolen his lolly.

And I doubt this is the first time they've ever told him not to use the employees' entrance. That's for his own good. If he ever got knocked over by a vendor or other employee, he'd be suing the whole organization. Just use the VIP entrance like all the rest of the New Money.

Even if the Knicks are technically right, they are still wrong. Very few are siding with them on this.

There was absolutely no reason to handle this the way they did. If, for whatever reason, they have decided this is no longer something they are going to allow...then contact him before the game, explain the situation and that he's no longer going to be permitted to use that entrance.

Hell, tell him to pick any entrance he wants and they'll roll out a red carpet that stretches from the parking lot to his seat and have someone dropping rose petals as he walks.

But don't wait until he shows up to the game and then tell him he can no longer use the entrance he's been using for 28 years.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree that Spike was wrong in this.

If he suddenly decided that he was going to use the employee entrance and just started doing it, I could understand.

But he's been using that entrance for 28 years and now, suddenly, on some random Tuesday night in March...it's a problem?

Considering how terrible the product the Knicks have been putting on the floor for the past 2+ decades has been, they should be thrilled that he still bothers to show up and be so passionate about them.

I'm pretty sure the Lakers couldn't care less what entrance Jack, Denzel, etc. use. They're just thrilled they show up (especially the previous 5-6 years lol).

Heck, they even let Jack Nicholson argue with the refs. lol

Petty nonsense like this and the dust up with Charles Oakley are part of why the Knicks continue to be...well...the Knicks.

i agree to a point and think at a minimum they should have reached out to him about this and blamed it on something instead of just all the sudden making the change when he tries to enter. That is the idiocy part of it.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not just wait until the off season, install a badge scanner and inform him with time to mentally prepare from may until September. Why now

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spike has always been a little bitch but he did see one of the best dunks of all time close up

2429669A-670E-4B14-8A4D-A79D6B1D310D.gif

755ED9A3-6F01-4CE0-A604-B341A8F1F6BE.gif

2A2BFA6B-13BE-4E8B-905A-CD0617069829.gif

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree to a point and think at a minimum they should have reached out to him about this and blamed it on something instead of just all the sudden making the change when he tries to enter. That is the idiocy part of it.

If you believe they "suddenly" told him. Either way, cry me a river, you are still able to enter the building, sit court side, make free throws, trip the opposition, make a fool out of yourself but oh no, heaven forbid I can't use a certain door..... Now that's a travesty.

Give me a break!

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just here to laugh at you fucks who care about this.

giphy.gif

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree

hearing a guy complain that instead he wants to use the employee entrance intstead of the VIP entrance kind of falls on deaf ears.

then to go on national tv and whine about is even worse.

Dolan is an idiot, and the statement the "Knicks" made was unncessary, but you look like a complete asshole when you have a problem with going in the VIP entrance instead of the employee entrance.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just here to laugh at you fucks who care about this.

giphy.gif
I just think Dolan and Spike both look like assholes.

A millionaire crying about having to use the VIP entrance. so relate-able. I just hate when that happens.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you believe they "suddenly" told him. Either way, cry me a river, you are still able to enter the building, sit court side, make free throws, trip the opposition, make a fool out of yourself but oh no, heaven forbid I can't use a certain door..... Now that's a travesty.

Give me a break!

So why did they scan his ticket? Also, he called the KNicks out telling them to show proof that they told him prior to use the VIP entrance.