• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spider-Man 3: No Way Home (2021)

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sequel to Spider-Man: Homecoming and Spider-Man 2: Far From Home was originally scheduled to be released on Friday, December 17, 2021, but there is a good chance it will be delayed due to covid. If it is not delayed, it will be the 4th film (following Eternals and preceding Dr. Strange 2) of phase 4 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Today, we got the first major bit of news on the film, from The Hollywood Reporter: Jamie Foxx is returning as supervillain Electro. Foxx previously played Electro in The Amazing Spider-Man 2, which was set in a different continuity. There is already precedent for MCU Spider-Man bringing in an actor to reprise a role from a different continuity in J. K. Simmons playing J. Jonah Jameson (Simmons previously played the role in the Tobey Maguire Spider-Man series) in Spider-Man 2: Far From Home.

The-Amazing-Spider-Man-2-Electro-Times-Square-Sequence.jpg

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant say I am excited about Jamie Foxx whatever happened to the ending to homecoming with the inmate that was supposed to play scorpion? I don't know how much long Tom Holland can play Spiderman he is starting to look like a grown man and not that teenager high school kid anymore. Maybe they can do a hobgloblin or Dr. Octopus before Holland leaves.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was good, but I fear that him playing it again would just lead to confusion. Why not get a different take?

unless he will Be playing the same version and they will be doing some kind of multi-verse twist...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was good, but I fear that him playing it again would just lead to confusion. Why not get a different take?

unless he will Be playing the same version and they will be doing some kind of multi-verse twist...

I don't think there are many other versions of Doc Oc... talking character profile wise...

I don't mind having the same actor do it...

it would be a good reference to the original toby McGuire movies... please the fanboys...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It’s very clearly a multi verse implementation.

Everybody coming back. Strange is in it.

The question is how much of the plot is it.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s very clearly a multi verse implementation.

Everybody coming back. Strange is in it.

The question is how much of the plot is it.

Right now I'm on the side of hoping its not much of the plot. I don't really care to see much of the Macguire universe (even though those were good movies, well, minus 3) and I have no desire to see the Garfield universe. I like the Holland take on Spidey so I'd rather stick to that as much as possible, figuring out how to work in the Venom films.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now I'm on the side of hoping its not much of the plot. I don't really care to see much of the Macguire universe (even though those were good movies, well, minus 3) and I have no desire to see the Garfield universe. I like the Holland take on Spidey so I'd rather stick to that as much as possible, figuring out how to work in the Venom films.
How about the spidey verse? Old-man Parker was supposed to be Maguire, after all...

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the idea.

do they cast a real like Miles Morales too?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta be some sort of multiverse then

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really want to see this! I enjoyed all of the Spider-Man films.
Jump off the topic here, but does anyone know the official release date for 'Morbius"? That looks like it's going to be amazing. Surprised no thread on that yet?I

Edit: nevermind, found it. I should have known @BusSport was on this.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with ya on that.

I am hoping something happens in the main plot that causes Spidey to go through Strange's multi verse for a little bit and he comes across battles in the old spideys. But I dont want it to be the full plot.

I'd rather see some new villains that havent been used yet. And there is a lot that has been teased through the first 2 of the Tom Holland ones.

Although rumors are Daredevil is going to be in this as well with Charlie Cox back on board.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with ya on that.

I am hoping something happens in the main plot that causes Spidey to go through Strange's multi verse for a little bit and he comes across battles in the old spideys. But I dont want it to be the full plot.

I'd rather see some new villains that havent been used yet. And there is a lot that has been teased through the first 2 of the Tom Holland ones.

Although rumors are Daredevil is going to be in this as well with Charlie Cox back on board.
I'd be fine if these are just glimpses into other dimensions or something and not a full on story where all the Spider-Men work together...that was done already.

if he somehow falls through a rift and learns about it by seeing the other Spideys that would be alright by me.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d like to see Mr. Negative ties to the multiverse somehow.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murphy's Multiverse claims that Charlie Cox as Daredevil will be in Spider-Man 3.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with ya on that.

Daredevil's in it from what I'm reading. This movie is either going to be awesome or a complete mess.

If they're bringing Cox in, I hope D'onofrio's Kingpin is soon to follow.