• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Speculate on what is going to be different this season without preseason games

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is speculation that UDFA's will have less opportunity to make teams -and I agree with that - as teams will have more opportunity to stash them on expanded practice squads.

I would say the general rule would be that is will be bad for rookies in general to play early without preseason work. I would also say - when you have someone like Jerry Jeudy who already has superior professional technique in route running - start him and use him early. The opposing teams will not know how to play him.

I have heard it suggested that the young Bronco offense with a new OC - will gel slowly without preseason work. It seems like a logical assumption. My own speculation is that the software programs given the players to learn the offense - will have proven to be more effective than OTAs in teaching the offense.

On the other hand the Bronco's defense is fortunate to have been in the Fangio system last year - because defensive schemes like Fangio's depend upon player decision making at the snap - rather than a pre-call play to execute.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could have preseason like sloppiness 4-6 weeks into reg season
More injuries If it happens in preseason game you get some time before it counts now you miss real games.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict beer sales at games to be way down.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense is usually ahead of Offense at the beginning of the season. It's going to be even more now. I wouldn't be surprised if our D started out looking like that 2015 SB Defense so don't get all hyped up, because they will probably look a lot better than they really are. Other side of the coin is that every O will struggle and our O will struggle more than most because we have too many new pieces. I hope out interior O-Line really is as improved as I think it will be because that will help out a lot. Run blocking and pass protecting from the inside out. Facing a team with significant talent on the middle of the D-Line is going to kill us early in the season. So...enjoy the bumpy ride.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is speculation that UDFA's will have less opportunity to make teams -and I agree with that - as teams will have more opportunity to stash them on expanded practice squads.

I would say the general rule would be that is will be bad for rookies in general to play early without preseason work. I would also say - when you have someone like Jerry Jeudy who already has superior professional technique in route running - start him and use him early. The opposing teams will not know how to play him.

I have heard it suggested that the young Bronco offense with a new OC - will gel slowly without preseason work. It seems like a logical assumption. My own speculation is that the software programs given the players to learn the offense - will have proven to be more effective than OTAs in teaching the offense.

On the other hand the Bronco's defense is fortunate to have been in the Fangio system last year - because defensive schemes like Fangio's depend upon player decision making at the snap - rather than a pre-call play to execute.

Not only can they stash you they can protect the really good players!

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think We will play no different than normally 1st team plays very little in the preseason.

I hatttttttttttttttte preseason it is 100% a waste of time! Get it the F out of here Add 10 to 15 more roster spots and add 4 more real games!

Nothing will change what so ever other than real football!

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to Develop plays make a minor league this is not that difficult.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think (as mentioned above) that those defenses that are already good/established will be even more dominate, and you'll see defensive records fall this year based on sub-par offensive performances for a good 4 weeks.

Also, I think those offenses that are simplistic or generic will show better earlier than traditional offenses.

Teams with mobile qb's will see improved offensive output simply by being able to extend broken plays.

Teams that can rely on their running games early will perform better than other more nuanced offenses.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@LGM has returned from the mountain and spoken the almighty's wisdom above.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A wideout races ten yards down field, turns in briefly for a buttonhook, eludes the cornerback and races down the sidelines!

He-could-go-all-the-way, but he pulls up on the 20 with nothing but daylight ahead of him. With agony on his face, he steps out of bounds and sits down.

Pulled hamstring. You see it every year, and this year there is even less conditioning.