• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Special Teams

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. The kickoff was nearly a pointless play since the previous rule changes.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When HC Payton gets quoted that it may take a different body type and skill set to succeed in the new Kick Off play - I'm not sure people understand that means some significant back end of the roster changes in personnel. Mims would be perfect for taking the ball in the KO but why risk him on routine plays? This is why I think Virgil has a great opportunity to make the roster. Virgil showed awesome open filed running at Appalachian State.

Offensive linemen and TEs who can make blocks in the open field will also have a leg up. The relative nearness of the players calls for a heavier - but agile kind of blocker.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The UFL kick offs last year used a number of starters because the play itself prevents high speed collisions, even less than a normal offensive play. I think you'll see a lit more "starter" quality players returning kicks for this reason. Its set up to favor the return team, and shorter fields on offense.