• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Speaking of McCann.....

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not gonna happen. We put our balls in the Intangibles court and that's where they're gonna stay. Hopefully others pick up the slack.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not gonna happen. We put our balls in the Intangibles court and that's where they're gonna stay. Hopefully others pick up the slack.
Agreed. Would LOVE for the Sox to come up with something creative to retain him, but he'll want a shot at starting. I'd even go so far as to say he might consider a one year contract with another club just so long as it makes him the #1 catcher.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The White Sox will be looking for the White Sox discount which comes with the pleasure of being of Jerry's chattel. McCann is more valuable somewhere else - where he will be the marquee name.

The most interesting thing about McCann's next contract will be how it will compares to Grandal's.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is he going to take 2nd catcher money? I cannot possibly imagine that.

Let him go elsewhere, get paid, and come crashing back to Earth when someone invests in him as their full-time option. Then, maybe we can grab him back after a year or two. When he is released and stick him back into his current role at a reasonable price.

I would adore him as a 2nd catcher. He has clearly been good in that role in his entire career. Right now, he is thriving in it. But... A) You can't pay him like a #1 catcher to play part-time. We're not the Yankees. B) You can't make him your full-time catcher because he'll begin to slash .230/.297/.360 again and continue being a middling defensive backstop.

So, our hands are tied.