• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sox trade for Lynn

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Sox will acquire Lance Lynn from the Rangers in exchange for Dane Dunning and Avery Weems. Tough losing Dunning, but with our batch of young arms, he was expendable. And we get one of the most consistent, if not outright most consistent starter in the game. At the present Lynn's contract is only for one more year, but who knows, it may lead to an extension. This is a HUGE development!!!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to lose Dunning, but this is a good move by the Sox. Now get Lynn in - give him a physical - and sign him to a two year extension. Certainly - the Sox will have a better pitching staff next year with Lynn instead of Dunning.

Lynn hates a pitch count - and will throw 130 pitches to finish a game if he has to.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess this was our guy. Top 20-25 pitcher with playoff experience will fill our need for a 3 man playoff rotation. If Kopech lives up to 1/2 his hype, we’ll be real fine.

Gonna miss Dunning’s glasses.

But yeah, it’s all good. A move like this had to be made and was done on the quick.

Be interesting to see what we do for rf and dh as this move still leaves opening for us to make another move or two. I’ve read that Springer guy is not gonna happen though.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
34 years old at the beginning of next season but so far no indication he's slowing down. i'm happy with this move but not sure i'd try to ink him longer term. hope dunning's loss doesn't come back to haunt us.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
34 years old at the beginning of next season but so far no indication he's slowing down. i'm happy with this move but not sure i'd try to ink him longer term. hope dunning's loss doesn't come back to haunt us.
That's always the potential price to pay when you trade future talent for the now. I was a Dunning fan, but Lynn gives us that stability in the 3rd or possibly 2nd slot, depending on where LTR puts him. Man, if Kopech and/or Cease can rise to the occasion this year, this will definitely make the Sox the team to beat in the Central, if not the AL altogether.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's always the potential price to pay when you trade future talent for the now. I was a Dunning fan, but Lynn gives us that stability in the 3rd or possibly 2nd slot, depending on where LTR puts him. Man, if Kopech and/or Cease can rise to the occasion this year, this will definitely make the Sox the team to beat in the Central, if not the AL altogether.

Dunning getting yanked in the first inning without being given a chance and then being traded off shortly thereafter gives off the smell that our organization wasn't sold on him. I mean, the former could have just been Renteria going full-on dumbass which is obviously the first thought, but ya never know...Little things add up.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunning getting yanked in the first inning without being given a chance and then being traded off shortly thereafter gives off the smell that our organization wasn't sold on him. I mean, the former could have just been Renteria going full-on dumbass which is obviously the first thought, but ya never know...Little things add up.
I liked Dunning and wouldn't have traded him, but the Sox wouldn't pitch him after the 5th inning - anyway - so he had some endurance issues.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I like about this signing is it takes care of the largest need first. Lynn gives the Sox a top three pitcher rotation fit for playoff series. Lynn's a workhorse - if his arm is fine - I'd say add two more years to the contract with the 2nd year guaranteed and the 3year at the White Sox's option.

Now the Sox should sign a Qunitana - Paxton - Ordorizo for the 4th slot. Let Kopech - Lambert - Stievers and whoever pitch their way into and up the rotation.

My guess is the Sox go after Joc Pederson for the left handed power - pair him with Engel in RF and give him some ABs at DH. Then sign Brantley for a little more lefty punch to share DH/LF (Eloy needs to show his Defense) and RF.

Then all you have to do is settle Colome and sign a 2nd catcher.

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a "win now" deal, I like this one. In the long run, it may have been a mistake, though. Dunning could develop into a really good pitcher and be a lot better than Lynn is now.
The good thing is that Lynn slots in at #3 with the Sox.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a "win now" deal, I like this one. In the long run, it may have been a mistake, though. Dunning could develop into a really good pitcher and be a lot better than Lynn is now.
The good thing is that Lynn slots in at #3 with the Sox.
Dunning could be better, but that is not what odds say.

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets revisit this deal after the season is over. If the Sox get a great season out of Lynn, it will have been, as I said, a great "win-now" deal.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I like about this signing is it takes care of the largest need first. Lynn gives the Sox a top three pitcher rotation fit for playoff series. Lynn's a workhorse - if his arm is fine - I'd say add two more years to the contract with the 2nd year guaranteed and the 3year at the White Sox's option.

Now the Sox should sign a Qunitana - Paxton - Ordorizo for the 4th slot. Let Kopech - Lambert - Stievers and whoever pitch their way into and up the rotation.

My guess is the Sox go after Joc Pederson for the left handed power - pair him with Engel in RF and give him some ABs at DH. Then sign Brantley for a little more lefty punch to share DH/LF (Eloy needs to show his Defense) and RF.

Then all you have to do is settle Colome and sign a 2nd catcher.

XXX

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edited.

I thought it was Engel...but apparently we re-signed Eaton.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing to mention about the Lynn signing - he is a 200 inning pitcher - and that will be an immense help to the bullpen who were worn out by Ricky Renteria's managing.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I read about Lynn - the more excited I get about his wearing a White Sox uni. He makes the entire pitching staff better in multiple ways. Go White Sox!

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I read about Lynn - the more excited I get about his wearing a White Sox uni. He makes the entire pitching staff better in multiple ways. Go White Sox!
is there a specific link that lead you to this post?"

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, no doubt we got ourselves a workhorse. I was listening to the podcast interview by Chuck Garfien with new pitching coach Ethan Katz, and he said in his discussions with Lynn that one of the first things mentioned was Lynn wants to stay in the ballgame - obviously not a fan of coming out or I'm guessing low pitch counts.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, no doubt we got ourselves a workhorse. I was listening to the podcast interview by Chuck Garfien with new pitching coach Ethan Katz, and he said in his discussions with Lynn that one of the first things mentioned was Lynn wants to stay in the ballgame - obviously not a fan of coming out or I'm guessing low pitch counts.
Keuchel's the same way about coming out while pitching. The more you save on going to the bullpen - the more effective they can be when they do come into the game. The 7 inning standard is the best one - much more than the 100 pitch - pitch count - if LuRu understands that - his replacing Renteria may pay for itself.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keuchel's the same way about coming out while pitching. The more you save on going to the bullpen - the more effective they can be when they do come into the game. The 7 inning standard is the best one - much more than the 100 pitch - pitch count - if LuRu understands that - his replacing Renteria may pay for itself.
I know I read or heard somewhere that TLR is more in favor of letting his starters pitch longer, as in pitching into the 6th or 7th to keep his BP fresh. He's supposedly not all that big on pitch counts, at least as long as the pitcher is throwing well. I like our pen a lot, but it was noticeable that they were tiring in the latter stages of the season and obviously into the playoffs. That 3rd game against the A's was a disaster.