• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sox sign another Cuban

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Sox are reported after the Cuban - who is known as the Cuban Ohtani - throws left and bats left. Anyway - you play baseball - wear the black and white - keep the physical assaults to inanimate objects - I welcome you to the White Sox.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Sox are reported after the Cuban - who is known as the Cuban Ohtani - throws left and bats left. Anyway - you play baseball - wear the black and white - keep the physical assaults to inanimate objects - I welcome you to the White Sox.

He really hasn't pitched professionally. It's just reported that he throws hard.

Slashed .302/.350/.516 in Japan as a 21 year old last year. Supposed to be pretty good. I saw something that he should be able to stick in RF for MLB. Not too much on his pitching other than mid 90's FB.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Sox get more Cubans - we can change the dougout to a Cabana. Mojitos all around. As a general rule - Cubans can play the baseball.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.soxon35th.com/could-a-yoan-moncada-contract-extension-be-on-the-horizon/

Interesting - "Rest of the story" information here suggesting a Moncada extension on the horizon. It seems the agency that structured the Norge Vera contract for the White Sox - just happens to be Moncada's new agent.

Moncada was last year's team MVP (IMO).

Moncada is interesting because you wonder if he wants to cash in on now on his 2019 season and strong optimism coming out of it, which would be a decent contract, but not mind-blowing like some you see (probably what the team would prefer)...or if he'd rather wait if he feels he's going to go off in 2020.

My guess is the latter. Typically you believe your own hype. Like realtors in the housing bubble...They were some of the most badly burned. Or James McCann talking about winning the World Series. Like a reverse Jim Mora. "Playoffs? PLAYOFFS?!? WORLD SERIES B*TCHES! Love, the guy who just lost his starting catching job after having a career year."

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moncada is interesting because you wonder if he wants to cash in on now on his 2019 season and strong optimism coming out of it, which would be a decent contract, but not mind-blowing like some you see (probably what the team would prefer)...or if he'd rather wait if he feels he's going to go off in 2020.

My guess is the latter. Typically you believe your own hype. Like realtors in the housing bubble...They were some of the most badly burned. Or James McCann talking about winning the World Series. Like a reverse Jim Mora. "Playoffs? PLAYOFFS?!? WORLD SERIES B*TCHES! Love, the guy who just lost his starting catching job after having a career year."

Yes but, he who hesitates is lost. ;)

This is a question - as you point out - that rolls along an axis - that will have a short term equilibrium. The point at which both parties feel they would benefit from a contract extension. I think the Sox and Moncada would like to see Moncada show he's ready for another good year at the plate and at the hot corner. However, if the Sox wait too long - the advantage will shift to Moncada waiting out a FA opportunity.

I think he cuts a deal on the eve of MLB play for these reasons:

1) He likes being with Abreu, Robert and Jimenez - a comfort factor. Hopefully one of the intangeable benefits from Abreu's contract.
2) Abreu, Robert and Jimenez all have new big money contracts - time to keep up with the Jones.
3) Moncada can afford a 4 year extension because he will still be in his prime at the end of that contract.\
4) It is so hard to find a top 3rd baseman the Sox ought to kick in some extra bucks for that.
5) He changed to a White Sox favored agent who takes less commission.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but, he who hesitates is lost. ;)

This is a question - as you point out - that rolls along an axis - that will have a short term equilibrium. The point at which both parties feel they would benefit from a contract extension. I think the Sox and Moncada would like to see Moncada show he's ready for another good year at the plate and at the hot corner. However, if the Sox wait too long - the advantage will shift to Moncada waiting out a FA opportunity.

I think he cuts a deal on the eve of MLB play for these reasons:

1) He likes being with Abreu, Robert and Jimenez - a comfort factor. Hopefully one of the intangeable benefits from Abreu's contract.
2) Abreu, Robert and Jimenez all have new big money contracts - time to keep up with the Jones.
3) Moncada can afford a 4 year extension because he will still be in his prime at the end of that contract.\
4) It is so hard to find a top 3rd baseman the Sox ought to kick in some extra bucks for that.
5) He changed to a White Sox favored agent who takes less commission.

I mean...I hope you're right. But I'm not counting any chickens until I see it happen. Prefer we didn't go to arbitration with him...