• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Sox-Mariners

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thread for game 1 so poor iddy had to settle for the season thread for his old crotchety gripes lol.

Hell I almost posted in the Mariners thread. How the hell we getting outdone by Mariners fans? I thought they all retired after the Griffey/Randy Johnson years.

Anywho....Picked up when it’s looking bleak by Rodon, Grandal and Kopech?!? It’s just meant to be boys. #Dontstopbelievin #160

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realized - that I was putting too much pressure on the Sox by watching them play - so I switched to listening last night. You're welcome.

Rodon did pretty well - he struck out a bunch of guys and took out at least two ankles with pitched balls. Yermeen the hitting machine showed up last night - as well as Jiddy's favorite Mr. Intangible - who intangibled a ball deep into the LF stands.

Kopech pitches like he is the master of the mound -with no worries - they must have found the right medication for him. He looked great.

I'm waiting to see if La Russa's "I've got the player's back" routine is going to pay off. He is amazingly consistent with him supportive comments - long after I would have been kicking the furniture around the club house.

Giolito goes tonight - back to 500 baseball I hope.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realized - that I was putting too much pressure on the Sox by watching them play - so I switched to listening last night. You're welcome.

Rodon did pretty well - he struck out a bunch of guys and took out at least two ankles with pitched balls. Yermeen the hitting machine showed up last night - as well as Jiddy's favorite Mr. Intangible - who intangibled a ball deep into the LF stands.

Kopech pitches like he is the master of the mound -with no worries - they must have found the right medication for him. He looked great.

I'm waiting to see if La Russa's "I've got the player's back" routine is going to pay off. He is amazingly consistent with him supportive comments - long after I would have been kicking the furniture around the club house.

rodon's stats looked great but he got himself in big looking trouble a couple times and i didn't think he'd make it out of the 4th. still, got you like what he's showing.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

rodon's stats looked great but he got himself in big looking trouble a couple times and i didn't think he'd make it out of the 4th. still, got you like what he's showing.
Agree with both here. I really liked the aggressiveness Rodon showed, but I also agree he was looking a bit shaky there in the 4th. Still, he got himself out of that jam. Kopech is the man, not sure he will remain in the pen for even the entire season. He's pitching like he's starter material. I also liked how Ruiz finished off. This is what I was expecting out of our pen this year. Let's hope it continues.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he did but unlike previous seasons he got himself out of it. Normally he would fold and give up a big inning or two.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he did but unlike previous seasons he got himself out of it. Normally he would fold and give up a big inning or two.
I think this is the point that bears making. I think his confidence got a shot in the arm last night - and that will power him to better play in subsequent games. Congrats to La Russa for leaving him in.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zack attack

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giolito very sharp so far.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fucking madrigal doing his best to help the opposition. what a disappointment.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, I jinxed him LOL

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think I’ve seen a defense as bad as this team. You can live with the vaughn play but Madrigal and Collins plays can’t happen

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
horrible inning for gio. 22 pitches in the first 2 innings and 40 in the third. by my count 3 errors (madrigal, vaughn & collins) by the sox but the damage was done by madrigal. should have been 2 out nobody on. whole different inning.