• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Sox at A’s (3 gm series)

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 1-2-3 inning out of Colome no less...

Bats gave us a reasonable showing.

Giolito rocked it.

Bullpen came up big.

Great game all around!

GO GO WHITE SOX!

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching national coverage of the Sox is still weird. Rarely happens.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right @ChiSoxFan - it is weird - almost as weird as winning in Oakland.

Everything worked right today - winning game one of a three game series puts a lot of pressure on Oakland. Go Sox!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to get off the schneid on the first game. The Sox obviously shook off the troubles from that season-ending collapse. Not ready to call this a series by any stretch, but I like our chances tomorrow with Keuchel taking the mound.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta win tomo. really don’t want to see whoever our 3rd starter is pitching in an elimination gm

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ricky is horrible.

Failing to pull Lucas and put in Bummer vs a lefty, after the leadoff walk in the 8th? No excuse for that. I don't want to hear about how Giolito wanted to stay in either. It's his job to want to stay in. It's the manager's to tell him he can't.

That being said. We played a very solid, clean game today. Lucas was A+ phenomenal. Abreu just keeps going and a big insurance knock from Grandal as well. If we play Mazara over Engel ever again, I'll hurt somebody.

We need to finish this tomorrow, though. I don't trust Dunning or especially Cease in an elimination game.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta win tomo. really don’t want to see whoever our 3rd starter is pitching in an elimination gm
Amen to that. Either it's Cease or Dunning and neither have been lighting it up, especially of late. I see a distinct advantage going to Oakland if this series goes three.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ricky should get a little credit for playing neither Mazara or Dunncarnacion today. He rode his horses. Giolito was untouchable for the whole game so I forgive him a tad for keeping him in one batter too long.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty much. Keuchel is the guy we got for these situations so it would be nice to see it pan out on the field. If not buckle up for game 3 lulz

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 1-2-3 inning out of Colome no less...

Bats gave us a reasonable showing.

Giolito rocked it.

Bullpen came up big.

Great game all around!

GO GO WHITE SOX!
He usually does 1-2-3

He has been spectacular this "season"

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought for much of the first half of this shortened season that Colome almost always got the job done, but more often than not it was in nail-biting fashion. But in the back half he began to settle in and not only continued to come thru, but most of those appearances were minus the nail biting.

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game for the Sox today. They had everything going right.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very relieved to see them get back to their winning ways. I thought they'd run out of steam...

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has been great. Glad as of right now he wasn’t traded.

Said it once...Will say it again. I have zero beef with Colome. I was never for trading him. He was one of the few bright spots of our sh*t previous seasons.

My comment that you quoted was more about just how easy the whole team, including Colome at the end, took it on easy us fans yesterday. (God knows we're a fickle bunch) After a brutal week, they literally went out yesterday and flipped the switch. They could have crumbled after last week's disaster. Instead, they played not only well, but convincingly enough to not just us Sox fans, but casual baseball fans that our team belonged right where they are and were a playoff team to respect. That's what winners do-come back and thrive in the face of adversity. Yesterday builds even more confidence that this could be something special we have with this squad.

That's all we can really ask for as Sox fans....Well, that and churros. ;)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sox seem to have their confidence back after the face plant near the season's end. Keuchel was signed for a start like in game 2 - and the Sox need to dominate and get an extra day of rest in before the next series.

Having Engle and Garcia at the corners was a good Renteria move as the Sox outfield gobbled up a lot of well hit balls with ease.

Also a small shoutout to Grandal for paying some dividends on his contract yesterday with a big HR.

Timmy Anderson's 1st inning hit was psychologically important - as it has been most of the season.

The most gratifying thing for me to witness as a White Sox fan is Jose Abreu - having the best season of his career after signing a three year contract that many thought was a money giveaway. Jose deserves every accolade for his commitment to the White Sox and his teammates.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bad news is the As are pitching Basset today. He is precisely the kind of pitcher the White Sox have struggled with - Righty who throws a sinker ball and has outside control to right handed hitters. This is an opportunity for the White Sox to win against their own tendencies. Go Sox!

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said it once...Will say it again. I have zero beef with Colome. I was never for trading him. He was one of the few bright spots of our sh*t previous seasons.

My comment that you quoted was more about just how easy the whole team, including Colome at the end, took it on easy us fans yesterday. (God knows we're a fickle bunch) After a brutal week, they literally went out yesterday and flipped the switch. They could have crumbled after last week's disaster. Instead, they played not only well, but convincingly enough to not just us Sox fans, but casual baseball fans that our team belonged right where they are and were a playoff team to respect. That's what winners do-come back and thrive in the face of adversity. Yesterday builds even more confidence that this could be something special we have with this squad.

That's all we can really ask for as Sox fans....Well, that and churros. ;)

This was meant for @msgkings322 but quoted ChiSoxFan by accident. So excuse the confusion about "comment that you quoted"