• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Source: Ryan Kerrigan has requested trade, but Washington Football Team won't deal veteran DE

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let's say it's even remotely true why keep him because he will be gone after the season if true
Like i said, read the posts previous to yours. He has denied asking for a trade.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like i said, read the posts previous to yours. He has denied asking for a trade.
I dont want to play semantics, but he has denied demanding a trade, not requesting one. He apparently did let the team know that he would consider trade requests.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont want to play semantics, but he has denied demanding a trade, not requesting one. He apparently did let the team know that he would consider trade requests.
Your semantics could be correct. You could hardly blame him for wanting and expecting to play more. Sweat has one more sack on 2-3 times as many plays. Nothing against Montez, just a fact. I do not think they are going to trade him and the highest draft pick they might get for him is if he does leave next year as a FA.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your semantics could be correct. You could hardly blame him for wanting and expecting to play more. Sweat has one more sack on 2-3 times as many plays. Nothing against Montez, just a fact. I do not think they are going to trade him and the highest draft pick they might get for him is if he does leave next year as a FA.
They may not. But if they got their price, I have no doubt they would pull the trigger. He is the type of player that a team playing well but may have had the injury bug hit at OLB/DE would covet. He has shown he can still play, but will only be a short term rental to help them get into the playoffs and beyond. If the WTFs do decide to keep him, they need to get him on the field a bit more.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To paraphrase a friend here... "If they don't want to be here, let them take a hike!" ( something like that)

There are people around who actually state that they like this guy and yet, for their own selfish reasons want him to stay instead of having the one thing that would crown his career...an opportunity to play on a (potential) championship team. How farkin' sorry is that? Kerrigan is an asset and has been for a long time. Trading him when this organization is going nowhere other than being in constant rebuilding mode, is a disservice to him AND attempts to gain assets that aid in the rebuild. His highest trade value was 1-2 years ago the move should have been done then.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's say it is true. What would you look to get back in a trade for RK?
4th or a ( unrealized potential) player at best now.
Last year a 2nd or player and third.
Two years ago a 1st or a second and a player. [SIGH]

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now let him walk next year and get the comp pick

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To paraphrase a friend here... "If they don't want to be here, let them take a hike!" ( something like that)

There are people around who actually state that they like this guy and yet, for their own selfish reasons want him to stay instead of having the one thing that would crown his career...an opportunity to play on a (potential) championship team. How farkin' sorry is that? Kerrigan is an asset and has been for a long time. Trading him when this organization is going nowhere other than being in constant rebuilding mode, is a disservice to him AND attempts to gain assets that aid in the rebuild. His highest trade value was 1-2 years ago the move should have been done then.

Yeah, this ^^^^^^^ is on point

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like I said

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It's all been rumors, so we're going to leave it at that," Rivera said Monday. "Ryan's been a big part of what we've done, been a big part of this organization for a number of years, has had a tremendous amount of success. We have a tremendous amount of respect for who he is as a member of the Washington Football Team."