• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Source: Redskins TE Jordan Reed cleared from protocol, will be released soon

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good he is off protocol

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Nick Shook
Jordan Reed released today, 2/20/2020.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Redskins released TE Jordan Reed.
    The move comes after seven seasons, and sadly Reed's seventh documented concussion as a pro. This one cost him all of 2019. He cleared the protocol just this week. The move clears $8.5 million in cap space while leaving behind only $1.8 million in dead money. Still five months shy of his 30th birthday, Reed was on an early-career trajectory to be one of the best tight ends of the decade, but even beyond the head issues, injuries have absolutely wrecked his career. He has never appeared in more than 14 games, and has cleared 12 just twice in seven years. Reed seems committed to continuing his career, but he figures to give retirement consideration. It is an absolute shame for a player whose talent was never in question.

RELATED: SOURCE: Field Yates on Twitter
    Feb 20, 2020, 4:36 PM ET

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's John Keim confirms free agent TE Jordan Reed is expected to continue playing career following his release from the Redskins.
Keim's report is via a "source close to Reed." Reed will be returning from his seventh documented concussion as a pro. He has appeared in just 65-of-112 possible career games, good for 58 percent. He turns 30 on July 3. The easy take from afar is that Reed should hang 'em up, but he knows his body better than anyone else. Teams will surely be willing to bet on his talent.

SOURCE: ESPN.com
Feb 20, 2020, 5:52 PM ET

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it was expected and now we have 63 mil in cap space . Resign flowers and scherf and go from there

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now I like reed and wish him well . It’s a shame injuries wrecked his skins career

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Redskins released TE Jordan Reed.
    The move comes after seven seasons, and sadly Reed's seventh documented concussion as a pro. This one cost him all of 2019. He cleared the protocol just this week. The move clears $8.5 million in cap space while leaving behind only $1.8 million in dead money. Still five months shy of his 30th birthday, Reed was on an early-career trajectory to be one of the best tight ends of the decade, but even beyond the head issues, injuries have absolutely wrecked his career. He has never appeared in more than 14 games, and has cleared 12 just twice in seven years. Reed seems committed to continuing his career, but he figures to give retirement consideration. It is an absolute shame for a player whose talent was never in question.

RELATED:SOURCE: Field Yates on Twitter
    Feb 20, 2020, 4:36 PM ET

SEVEN concussions?!?! Holy sh$t! How is he still standing? Also, the league needs to step in and say NO, I mean they are all "for player safety" riiiiight?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am all for players making their own career decisions …. kind of hope he retires but I don't think he will. Hell of a receiver when he was healthy.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am all for players making their own career decisions …. kind of hope he retires but I don't think he will. Hell of a receiver when he was healthy.
For his sake, he needs to retire. Seriously Jordan, you have the rest of your life you need to think about. Wanna end up like Junior Seau?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I mentioned I believe these choices are up to the men who make them. They know the risks or choose to ignore the risks. We do not know that Junior Seau killed himself because of concussions. That is a hypothesis. Boxers all over would be blowing out their brains if that was what caused suicide.

If he decides to retire I will understand and respect that choice but I would also understand if he wants to continue to try and play. I wouldn't be surprised if his salary was less if the Redskins would keep him.

Whatever he decides to do I wish him the best. When healthy he was a beast.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's John Keim confirms free agent TE Jordan Reed is expected to continue playing career following his release from the Redskins.
Keim's report is via a "source close to Reed." Reed will be returning from his seventh documented concussion as a pro. He has appeared in just 65-of-112 possible career games, good for 58 percent. He turns 30 on July 3. The easy take from afar is that Reed should hang 'em up, but he knows his body better than anyone else. Teams will surely be willing to bet on his talent.

SOURCE: ESPN.com
Feb 20, 2020, 5:52 PM ET
Doesn't know his brain though.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I mentioned I believe these choices are up to the men who make them. They know the risks or choose to ignore the risks. We do not know that Junior Seau killed himself because of concussions. That is a hypothesis. Boxers all over would be blowing out their brains if that was what caused suicide.

If he decides to retire I will understand and respect that choice but I would also understand if he wants to continue to try and play. I wouldn't be surprised if his salary was less if the Redskins would keep him.

Whatever he decides to do I wish him the best. When healthy he was a beast.

https://heavy.com/sports/2020/01/junior-seau-cause-of-death-cte-brain/

And Dave Duerson, who also shot himself in the chest, also didn't die of CTE. Are you saying CTE didn't pull the trigger Sport? Duh, but CTE had a great impact on the life of these men because of football related head injuries and ultimately they could not live with the symptoms and struggles of CTE.

JReed has 7 documented concussions. This does not factor in his previous playing days. The guy should retire if he has done any research on past documented studies of football related CTE, as well as taking into account his loved ones to include his daughter I believe. Decisions to play knowing full well the repercussions by now for JReed would be true negligence on his part as far as I'm concerned. JReed's decision to continue playing is a selfish one on his part. It really is...