• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Soupy

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now that he has shown what he can do, he ready for him to be moved at the trade deadline.

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is wild how the Kings backup goalies almost always have lights-out stats since Sutter. Scrivens, Jones, Enroth, Budaj, Kuemper, Campbell.

Kings offense has been so frustrating, esp PP, through the years and currently but man can this team and its goaltenders keep the puck out of their net.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree
A few good games and people think he is the answer, but part of that is the system and part is that other teams haven’t scouted his weakness enough

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely part of the system, but Kings are very good at keeping high quality shots to a minimum but has also faced 38, 39 and 40 shots in the last 3 games. The Kings generally do not allow 30+ shots let alone close to 40 3 game sin a row. Campbell has had to make those saves and some were doozies.

He has the talent, but now it's the mental issue with him, which was what sunk his confidence in the first place. It'll be interesting to see how he responds after he gives up that first bad goal - will he be down on himself to the point where he is rattled, possibly bringing back those confidence issues, or has he truly turned the corner, will shrug it off and continue to play as he is?

This is a great opportunity for him to establish himself as a legitimate NHL goaltender and possibly Quick's long term successor.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you also have to credit Ranford. I mean, first thing he did with Campbell was show him videos of when he was good, and show him why he was drafted so high. That's pretty cool. Don't even teach him about being a goalie, just show him highlights of himself to get his confidence back up.

You have to think maybe this dude just knows goaltending and is a huge reason a lot of these guys come in ready to go, and have such good success.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they need Ranford to work his magic again because since the Ottawa game, he seems a bit rattled and is giving up softies.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they need Ranford to work his magic again because since the Ottawa game, he seems a bit rattled and is giving up softies.

Maybe. But it's also the "If you allow one goal we're probably going to lose" pressure this team puts on its goaltending.

Not saying he should save them every single time, but this team plays the whole game on its heels. When they score one goal it feels like a miracle.

Matthews has 10 goals already, and Alex Iafallo leads the Kings in scoring with 3 assists.

Aside from everything, they are just hard to watch. Like at the end of the day, they just don't look competitive, and something is wrong when you have arguable a Top 5 center in the league, and a top 5 defenseman.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro, are you okay?
And how you gonna like both the Cubs and Sox? Just a huge Theo Epstein fan?
Grew up in a near North Chicagoland suburb, moved to the general Boston area but liked the Bosox before that.
Boston is my AL team and the Cubbies are my NL team, no issues!
Epstein is pretty cool, though!

Data is really wonky for my phone lately and it messed with my clever posts!!!!