• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Soriano Almost a Yankee

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well rumor is Yankees are close to landing Soriano. This would be a nice reunion. I was always a fan of him. I know he is old but he will add some power to this team. Overall its a so so deal depending on how much the cubs eat.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last two years I could see the cubs eating 18/19 million next year and all but a few hundred thousand this year. The difference is in interleague play Sori has done good as a DH. You know his defense is about balls hit to him, has a strong enough arm to get some outfield assists, but rarely will leave his feet for defensive play. But this year he is hot, and if the cubs are eating that much salary, they better get a decent prospect. I have just heard mid level prospect, which probably means 25 year old AA guy, so that case yankees should pay more of the salary. He is worth a 7-8 million dollar player, so the yankees should pay that prorated amount of this year and get 11 next year from the cubs, so sori and 14 million for a midlevel prospect, or soriano and 22 million for a real good prospect. I cant see paying that money to get nobody when he is not blocking anyone from coming up to play left field yet.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Yankees wouldn't mind paying him the rest this year and maybe only like 4-5 million next year. They really want to get under this 189 number. I guess we will find out soon. Right now he be 2nd on the team In Hrs and RBIs if he was on the Yankees so yes this would be a good move for them.

sicilianlou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi Guys I am new to the board here. .Seems like some other sites have shut us out.. Hey Chris how goes it?.. I am not interested in Sorrie.. I liked him 6 years ago but this wouldn't surprise me. another Ca$hman low value move.. Is it wonder this GM is the worse in BB?,, I said it before and I will say it again, Yankees have not made any plans on the future all in part because Ca$hman hasn't put a plan in place.. Until Mark Newman and Damon Oppenheimer drafts pan out, we are in for one more long year until Cashman is shown the door!....

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats up lou. Nice seeing you. Welcome.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont mind this pick up if it happens. We need power. Yes he is old but what else can they do. Cashman doesnt think of the Future.