• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Songs transparently about a specific real person...

BritishDolfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... Without actually naming them. Can be confirmed or not. Will probably most likely be about partners or ex partners.

Trying to explain this in words is kind of annoying, so I'll open with the most obvious example:

Carly Simon - You're So Vain - She's admitted that part of it at least is about Warren Beatty.

Now, a couple of others:

St. Vincent - New York - IDGAF what she says it's about, it's clearly about Cara Delevigne.

Joan Baez - Diamonds and Rust - Bob Dylan (she admitted it, eventually, but it's pretty obvious anyway. "You came to me / already a legend / the unwashed phenomenon / the original vagabond", indeed)

Peggy Seegar - The First Time Ever I saw Your Face - No secret about it being about her, it was written by Ewan MacColl, and this version is normally credited to him for some reason, which make no fucking sense.

Leonard Cohen - Chelsea Hotel #2 - He claims in the intro to this version that it's about Janis Joplin. IIRC He was also a bit of a troll with stuff like that, so, who knows.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About her ex husband Blake Shelton's older brother who died in car accident back in the 90's.
Miranda Lambert