• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Something I Never Knew About Griffey

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per ESPN Article:

While Griffey was known for his grin, he wasn't always all smiles off the field. Griffey, then just 17, was depressed and overwhelmed after his 1987 season in the minors, he later told reporter Bob Finnegan, and attempted to commit suicide by swallowing more than 200 aspirin. He was taken to the hospital in Ohio, where he had his stomach pumped. "Don't ever try to commit suicide,'' he said. "I am living proof how stupid it is.''

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...just goes to show you everyone has their demons. Never judge a book by its cover.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the beat writers back then had written a book in the mid 2000"s and one chapter was about junior, I knew it was tough his first couple of years but I didn't know about the suicide attempt..

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I myself just recently battled depression and had suicide thoughts while being in the military in the middle east. It truly is a mental sickness and it devours your head, I used to think that people who suffer from depression and had suicidal thoughts where weirdos. It is a sickness, look at robin Williams a guy who made a life out of making people laugh. These things can haunt you

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I myself just recently battled depression and had suicide thoughts while being in the military in the middle east. It truly is a mental sickness and it devours your head, I used to think that people who suffer from depression and had suicidal thoughts where weirdos. It is a sickness, look at robin Williams a guy who made a life out of making people laugh. These things can haunt you

I hope you have worked your way past it. Thanks for sharing.