• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Something Going Down

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Twitter blowing up. Howson and CBJ execs in Paul Holmgren's box with Homer, Clarkie, and other execs.

Not sure if they are talking deals or downing shots.

Last edited by a moderator:

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have nothing but picks to give back(that we could fit in) for Bob ad trading him would be a mistake.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They have nothing but picks to give back(that we could fit in) for Bob ad trading him would be a mistake.

Bob and Reemer. If they want Nash, the contract would be prorated so we are fine for this season. Bob, Jvr, and a 1st for Nash?

I just don't see why else we would talk to CBJ and why the would be in town.

I am also scared.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no no & no

Then we have a 8m a yr guy on the books with all these young players to sign over the next 3 years & we'd be stuck with Bryz. That trade doesn't work and keep this team in tact. In order for that to work they'd have to be taking Briere or Bryz back. There is also no way we should get rid of our first in a year where there are like 20 defensemen with top 4 potential(many of them top 2). This is not our year to win the cup so I don't get them even talking.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will the cap worth w/ nash?

Dont want him, but if it happens JVR better move. Not Schenn or coots

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob and Reemer. If they want Nash, the contract would be prorated so we are fine for this season. Bob, Jvr, and a 1st for Nash?

I just don't see why else we would talk to CBJ and why the would be in town.

I am also scared.

I don't like that deal at all. We lose a guy that should be manning our net for the next decade (fuck Bryz), a potential 30/30 guy AND a pick for Nash?

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bryz is signed for 9 years. Thats the goalie who will be manning the net for the next decade or we are wasting a whole lot of money.

Bob will have to be moved. He won't be happy being a career backup. And if he is, then fantastic.

Moving JvR scares me, but moving him for the players he molds his game after I am OK with.

The 1st...ehh. Giving picks is always risky, but then again making the selection is also risky.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryz is signed for 9 years. Thats the goalie who will be manning the net for the next decade or we are wasting a whole lot of money.

Bob will have to be moved. He won't be happy being a career backup. And if he is, then fantastic.

Moving JvR scares me, but moving him for the players he molds his game after I am OK with.

The 1st...ehh. Giving picks is always risky, but then again making the selection is also risky.

Bryz will at some point be leant to a Russian team just like Huet being leant to a european team. That trade would be horrible for us, unless we flipped him to Tor for a kings ransom.

soulxflare

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Given the 75% cap floor, albatross contracts are not untradeable any more. A team on the edge of contention, and with cap room, would be a potential trade partner.

He's done nothing to convince me that he can thrive in a big market. He is too scatterbrained and too easily rattled. We would need a stud top-4 on D to win a cup with Bryz.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumb fucking penalty by JVR.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Given the 75% cap floor, albatross contracts are not untradeable any more. A team on the edge of contention, and with cap room, would be a potential trade partner.

He's done nothing to convince me that he can thrive in a big market. He is too scatterbrained and too easily rattled. We would need a stud top-4 on D to win a cup with Bryz.

But you just answered why another GM will not trade for him, at least until he turns the corner.

soulxflare

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you just answered why another GM will not trade for him, at least until he turns the corner.

No other big market GM, yes. If he gets back to another Phoenix-type market, he won't have to handle the same type of self-imposed pressure he feels here.

I'm just saying I'd make every effort to eat our mistake and get Bryz off the books before even entertaining the thought of trading Bob.

We should have just traded for Halak when he was available .... fucking STL got him for a sack of day-old doughnuts....