• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some Thoughts of Mine from the Bengals Game

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob Sutton put the defense in the best position to succeed it could: Good job Bob, you're 1 for 7 this year. Have a gold star.

As far as jimmies and joes:

They seemed to have found a look that minimizes Speaks' weaknesses as a passrusher (Wide 9 apparently is what smarter football people than me are calling it) which helps some. He's got some major physical limitations right now and only some of that is fixable-- in the Summer. But it's good to see they've found something that works for him if nothing else.

Dorian O'Daniel looks like a very important piece going forward. In short- he's everything Terrance Smith isn't for this defense.

The Chiefs had given up about 177 yards per game to RB's/FB's/TE's; they gave up 14 yards against the Bengals. Terrance Smith going to IR does hurt ST's quite a bit, however. Sorensen is coming off IR so that's muted some, but still hurts. P.S. I'd keep Lucas on the field at this point.

Passrush did a decent job of being a nuisance to Dalton and Ford generated another strip sack. Nothing dominant or anything like that- but they were a factor. That's good enough with how the run D and secondary performed.

Generally, outside of AJ Green and maybe some classic bad angles from Ron Parker, the secondary actually produced a very strong looking output. Sub 6 YPA to a non-backup level talent surrounded by good talent is always good in my book.

ILB's looked aggressive for the first time all season. Not sure where that came from- but it was noticeable against the run. Token gold star for them as well.

Offense generally goes without saying. Mahomes underthrew Hill straight up on his INT. Outside of that? Pretty nitpicky to think of much else outside the fumble; which still ended up being a passing TD anyhow.

Watkins is paid to make tough catches- that overturned drop would be killer in a tighter game. Still productive against the Bengals, but the contract begs for more, unfortunately.

Devey goes to IR. Not sure we aren't talking replacement value guys at this point. Hopefully Morse is back relatively soon. If LDT comes back come playoff time, that may be worth holding onto that other IR spot for with the interior rushes the Chiefs could theoretically see in a potential SB run.