• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some thoughts at 6-2

xpuctaqpGT

Modern Major General
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you had told me before the season started that at this point we'd be 6-2, I would have been very pleasantly surprised.

Had you told me the 2 losses would be to Duke and UNC and not Va Tech and Miami, I would have been skeptical.

Our offense seems to be on point this year. We're averaging 37ppg. We've looked good. We're even starting to be an occasional credible passing attack too.

Our defense seems to be.....an odd case. We're giving up a bunch of points. And yards. But we're forcing more turnovers and at critical points in the game too. I'd rather force more punts and allow fewer scores than our current model of giving up tons of points but getting the occasional interception/fumble. But it's still an improvement over the last few years.

Still left on our schedule: Virginia, NC State, Clemson, and UGA. I think we stand a decent chance of going 2-2 with those last 4 games and finishing 8-4

xpuctaqpGT

Modern Major General
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And after a fairly impressive win against UVA, we're now 7-2. And UGA is starting to look more vulnerable.

xpuctaqpGT

Modern Major General
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have NC State, Clemson, and UGA to go. In increasing level of difficulty too.

First up is at NC State. They are 1-4 in conference and 5-4 overall. This game seems fairly winable.

Next is a home game against Clemson. They are probably a little better than us, but it is at least at GT so we get the home field advantage. We could win. Put this at 50/50.

Finally we have a bye week before we have to play UGA at UGA. They are playing a 1AA Charlston Southern team the week before. They play Auburn 2 weeks before they play us. We will have an extra week to prepare, and they may be banged up a little after playing Auburn. Still, this game is unlikely. Put our win chances at 15% for now.

I figure it's most likely that we will finish the season 1-2 making us 8-4 overall, but a 2-1 finish is also possible making us 9-3. I would be exceptionally shocked if we won out and finished 10-2.

xpuctaqpGT

Modern Major General
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, you'd think with the kind of season GT is having we'd have more fans posting here....