• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some breaking news about Kaepernick.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway wanted to trade for him but also wanted him to take a 4.9 million dollar ( guaranteed ) pay cut .

Oh...I think at that time (now that I'm getting my bearings going in the same direction) Kaep was not on the full blown do not call list yet.

Can he be a back up in this league? yes. But whose going to sign him with pending litigation against the league?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of possibilities - probably none of them ideal but possibilities none the less. Alex Smith still could be their QB (flaws & all) if his injury is not career threatening & that is TBD. They are not going to just toss the guy when that will result in tons of dead money. They could also go w/ another journeyman QB or settle on a rookie or unknown. There will be many more of these possibilities in the offseason then there are at this time (again - not ideal but an option).

They also may decide that they just want to just do alright next season with the hope of finding their ultimate QB in the 2020 draft. Who the heck knows - a lot can happened between now & next season & it is foolish to just state that someone like Kaep is their only option for next season.
No way. He's done. Can't come back from an injury like that. He'll never play again.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Matt Barkley gets signed off the street after not having played in 2 years and Kaep can't get a job.....that's a serious problem.

MATT. FUCKING. BARKLEY.

I don't think Kaep would have done any better than Barkley against the Jets. Barkley actually played pretty well. And there's no way a team with a young QB they just picked in the first round is picking up Kaep. First of all, Kaep doesn't really want to play and stop crying about collusion. Can't be a martyr without a cause. When he did have a chance of being picked up in Baltimore his idiot girlfriend torpedoed that pretty quickly, probably by design. Secondly, no one wants their back up QB to be a circus, just like in Tebow's case and thirdly, most of these teams want to tank anyway once they're out of it so why bring in a guy that might win an extra game or two.

It's not a serious problem, it's a combo of factors making employing him not worth the headaches it would bring.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Kaep would have done any better than Barkley against the Jets. Barkley actually played pretty well. And there's no way a team with a young QB they just picked in the first round is picking up Kaep. First of all, Kaep doesn't really want to play and stop crying about collusion. Can't be a martyr without a cause. When he did have a chance of being picked up in Baltimore his idiot girlfriend torpedoed that pretty quickly, probably by design. Secondly, no one wants their back up QB to be a circus, just like in Tebow's case and thirdly, most of these teams want to tank anyway once they're out of it so why bring in a guy that might win an extra game or two.

It's not a serious problem, it's a combo of factors making employing him not worth the headaches it would bring.

How do you know he doesn't want to play?

And Skins aren't out of it.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know he doesn't want to play?

And Skins aren't out of it.

I don't "know" anything for sure, but he seems much more interested in being a social justice warrior than playing ball. He had the interview with Seattle and that didn't pan out and then there was the incident in Baltimore.

The other part I was referring to the Bills situation with Barkley which is why I started the sentence with "A team with a young QB". As far as the Skins, I don't think at this point Kaep would be able to get up to speed and in football shape after this kind of lay off in time to be a factor before the Skins drop out of it.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't "know" anything for sure, but he seems much more interested in being a social justice warrior than playing ball. He had the interview with Seattle and that didn't pan out and then there was the incident in Baltimore.

The other part I was referring to the Bills situation with Barkley which is why I started the sentence with "A team with a young QB". As far as the Skins, I don't think at this point Kaep would be able to get up to speed and in football shape after this kind of lay off in time to be a factor before the Skins drop out of it.

Lots of things came out of his Seattle interview. Carroll thought he was starter calibre but they already had one.

Baltimore was unfortunate for sure but they thought enough to try.

If somehow Sanchez is considered good enough and the chum they just signed to back him up........

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is he not signed?

When he is getting an estimated value of over $25 million over the next several years or so from his new Nike deal he may have decided why the hell play and get beat up for that money when I dont have too. He is not signed because he does not want to be signed. He was made offers he turned down

NFL Source: Kaepernick Turned Down At Least 1 Contract To Play Up The Race Card

John Elway wants you to believe he gave Colin Kaepernick a chance. Don't buy it.

Colin Kaepernick Has Reportedly Turned Down Offers to Serve as Backup | FOX Sports Radio

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of things came out of his Seattle interview. Carroll thought he was starter calibre but they already had one.

Baltimore was unfortunate for sure but they thought enough to try.

If somehow Sanchez is considered good enough and the chum they just signed to back him up........

Sanchez was still in the league as of last year and they probably didn't think he'd get in there. With all the injuries on the Skins line it's probably better Kaep isn't in there right now, let old buttfumble take the beating.

The Seattle thing made so much sense. Starter that was mobile, O line with issues so an injury was possible, progressive thinking city which probably would have supported the hire and plenty of SJW types in the locker room.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez was still in the league as of last year and they probably didn't think he'd get in there. With all the injuries on the Skins line it's probably better Kaep isn't in there right now, let old buttfumble take the beating.

The Seattle thing made so much sense. Starter that was mobile, O line with issues so an injury was possible, progressive thinking city which probably would have supported the hire and plenty of SJW types in the locker room.

Sanchez was back up in Dallas in 2016.

Out of football since.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Out of football since.

He didn't get a cup of coffee with someone last year? Shows how much attention I pay. Does he have a history with any of the coaches and the system in Washington?

I have to admit, Kaep coming back and playing on a team with a racist name would be pretty funny.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Out of football since.

You are correct in terms of Sanchez actually taking the field. However - he did practice & was on the roster for the Bears for 2017.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit, Kaep coming back and playing on a team with a racist name would be pretty funny.

I said something similar somewhere that I'd be surprised if he'd entertain playing for the Redskins because of that.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Kap would absolutely be on a team if it wasn't for the kneeling but he's a backup level QB and no team is going to sign a backup level QB that would bring the colossal headache signing him would bring.

If he was a bonafide franchise starting QB a team would've signed him already and took their lumps knowing that winning would eventually make people forget.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap would absolutely be on a team if it wasn't for the kneeling but he's a backup level QB and no team is going to sign a backup level QB that would bring the colossal headache signing him would bring.

If he was a bonafide franchise starting QB a team would've signed him already and took their lumps knowing that winning would eventually make people forget.

Exactly! Patrick Mahomes could kneel in between every play in support of Sharia law and he'd be starting every week.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the notion that NFL owners got together and collectively decided that no one should hire him is somewhat far fetched, but if they did, I think the notion that it's because he's black is fucking retarded.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the notion that NFL owners got together and collectively decided that no one should hire him is somewhat far fetched, but if they did, I think the notion that it's because he's black is fucking retarded.

Not because he's black, because he started all the kneeling nonsense and is suing the league. But I don't believe that either.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not because he's black, because he started all the kneeling nonsense and is suing the league. But I don't believe that either.

I see.

But the kneeling is because police are routinely gunning down innocent, unarmed black folks, correct? Not that I'm saying it's because he's black, I'm just trying to get all this straight.