• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Soggy Dream Come True for NFL in AFC

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say it. Since whoever says it will look like a loon.

The Ravens are smart to let Lamar walk instead of paying his pricetag.
If Lamar plays in the playoffs & looks good. It ups his value with other teams. If I am the Ravens. I am planning on finding a new Starting QB in the offseason regardless. If they pay his ransom. That is good news for the Bengals & the rest of the AFC North.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Lamar plays in the playoffs & looks good. It ups his value with other teams. If I am the Ravens. I am planning on finding a new Starting QB in the offseason regardless. If they pay his ransom. That is good news for the Bengals & the rest of the AFC North.
I mean i see nothing wrong with what you said. I by no means believe in him as a consistent thrower and the ravens seem to offer him a very sizable deal that he turned down.

Again I agree with both sides. If I'm the Ravens i probably dont want to pay him top dollar. It could easily turn into Russ Wilson or Kyler Murray situation.

I also dont necessarily blame the player to try and maximize what he's worth before its too late, which involves playing it safe injury because he is guaranteed nothing beyond this season.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are the Ravens smart for doing that with how loaded the AFC is at QB? You can easily not draft/acquire a QB as good as Lamar for a decade +. Shit, they're a division with the expansion Browns.

Seems like organizational suicide to let Lamar walk.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also dont necessarily blame the player to try and maximize what he's worth before its too late, which involves playing it safe injury because he is guaranteed nothing beyond this season.
oh. He will get paid no doubt. I just think it will be by another team. I have no ill will towards him wanting what every other QB wants come contract time.

Chief Cola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports "no one truly knows" if Lamar Jackson (knee) will return for the Wild Card Round.​

For what it's worth, Rapsheet's competitor Adam Schefter reports Jackson has a "strong chance" of finally returning. Of course, Schefter adds Jackson is still dealing with "swelling." It's frankly easier to believe Rapsheet's report. It has been over a month since Jackson has practiced in any capacity. Rapsheet reports "Jackson's knee hasn't felt quite right, despite the work he's put in to try to get it feeling right, so he hasn't practiced." If Jackson does finally return, it's difficult to believe he will look like the Jackson we are used to seeing.

Somebody needs to forward this to Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts and any other QB who likes to run with the football. It will catch up to you.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baltimore needs to face facts. Your franchise QB doesn't want to play for you anymore. It's a hard pill to swallow I know. I so badly want to talk shit on their reddit, but I'm banned lol.

Clearly they banned you for something. Wild guess... Talking shit? :pound:

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody needs to forward this to Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts and any other QB who likes to run with the football. It will catch up to you.

Josh Allen is built like a Moose. It may take it's toll eventually, but I see him holding up better than most running QBs.

Hurts isn't small, but he's smaller than most of the guys trying to tackle him and he might not hold up as well. As is evidenced by the him missing a couple weeks late in the season.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Ravens smart for doing that with how loaded the AFC is at QB? You can easily not draft/acquire a QB as good as Lamar for a decade +. Shit, they're a division with the expansion Browns.

Seems like organizational suicide to let Lamar walk.
Im not fully sure I understand what the Ravens are doing, tbh. They drafted a S and C in rd1 last year. That doesnt scream urgency or rebuild. They traded for a LB. That says they are trying to win a SB this year.

My guess is that Lamar Jackson's window as a franchise QB is 3-4 years. If they dont find a way to replace him then there is a good chance that they'll be buried for 2+ years. If they do replace him, the rookie coming in would have to see the writing on the wall before he even got there....I dont think a team can go this direction.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes the NFC QBs look glaringly worse:
1. Jalen Hurts
2. Brock Purdy
3. Kirk Cousins
4. Tom Brady
5. Dak Prescott
6. Daniel Jones
7. Geno Smith

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Allen is built like a Moose. It may take it's toll eventually, but I see him holding up better than most running QBs.

Hurts isn't small, but he's smaller than most of the guys trying to tackle him and he might not hold up as well. As is evidenced by the him missing a couple weeks late in the season.
Cam Newton was well built too and eventually it had him on the sideline. Even big RBs can't stand up to the constant pounding. Allen needs to stop that hero shit or he will end up costing his team by being unavailable, imo. Andrew Luck was big and strong and a good passer but the wear and tear prematurely ended his career. Part of that was on Indy management not providing protection but Luck played a lot of hero ball.

Hurts already being injured is a bad omen, imo. Justin Fields looks like another one that may not be long for this league if he keeps going this way. Lamar now two seasons in a row has basically cost the Ravens their season. Fwiw, I agree with the Ravens being in a tough spot and I don't blame them for saying no to the guaranteed money but they will simply FT him if nothing gets worked out. The Browns giving Watson all that guaranteed money has really made it tough on these other teams, imo.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes the NFC QBs look glaringly worse:
1. Jalen Hurts
2. Brock Purdy
3. Kirk Cousins
4. Tom Brady
5. Dak Prescott
6. Daniel Jones
7. Geno Smith
Wow.
Unless the Niners defense can make up for this. It makes me think the AFC should win the Superbowl.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.
Unless the Niners defense can make up for this. It makes me think the AFC should win the Superbowl.
Depends on the matchups. 4 of those trans could put up 40 points vs the Chiefs.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the matchups. 4 of those trans could put up 40 points vs the Chiefs.
I'm already a firm believer it is
NFC
Eagles or Niners
vs
AFC
The one of the big three.

There QBs trumps our QBs.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm already a firm believer it is
NFC
Eagles or Niners
vs
AFC
The one of the big three.

There QBs trumps our QBs.
Agree 110%. But those two teams you cite have better overall rosters than every team in the AFC. Is even put your Cowboys roster in there. The Bills would be higher if their D was healthy.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.
The past couple of seasons olines have been the downfall of the AFC. Id say most AFC teams are about one injury away from an awesome QB that doesnt have time to throw the ball

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The past couple of seasons olines have been the downfall of the AFC. Id say most AFC teams are about one injury away from an awesome QB that doesnt have time to throw the ball
well I can only go by right at this moment. & all three QBs are rocking at the moment.