• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Soggy Dream Come True for NFL in AFC

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC - Patrick Mahomes
Buff - Josh Allen
Cin - Joe Burrow
Jax - Trevor Lawrence
LA - Justin Herbert
Balt - Lamar Jackson
Mia - Tua Tagovailoa

All the young star QB's in the AFC. QB vs. QB match up throughout the AFC playoffs.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do Lamar and Tua even count...

Tua hasn't played in several weeks, and rumors abound he's done for the year.

Lamar hasn't played, or practiced in....what...6 weeks? I mean, even if he were cleared, can you run with a guy who hasn't played at all, in any capacity or practice capacity, in a playoff game? Especially considering the injury is to a key component of his ability to be effective. He's not a pocket passer - so his knee and running the ball, avoiding pressure, is paramount to his effectiveness....

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do Lamar and Tua even count...

Tua hasn't played in several weeks, and rumors abound he's done for the year.

Lamar hasn't played, or practiced in....what...6 weeks? I mean, even if he were cleared, can you run with a guy who hasn't played at all, in any capacity or practice capacity, in a playoff game? Especially considering the injury is to a key component of his ability to be effective. He's not a pocket passer - so his knee and running the ball, avoiding pressure, is paramount to his effectiveness....
Probably not.

Honestly i dont care what's at stake Tua really shouldnt be seeing the field this postseason after his second concussion in a short period of time.

Lamar on the other hand, dont know if he sees the field either. Dont know if its the injury or a business decision tho

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not.

Honestly i dont care what's at stake Tua really shouldnt be seeing the field this postseason after his second concussion in a short period of time.

Lamar on the other hand, dont know if he sees the field either. Dont know if its the injury or a business decision tho
Agreed on Tua. He should sit this out - come back 100% next year - and if he gets his bell rung again, needs to be told to hang it up.

Jackson is a fascinating story...how much of his injury has been truly injury related, and how much is him trying to make a point with Bmore how important he is...plus protecting his investment for his contract...not sure.

But, even if 100% healthy - he's not practiced in 6 weeks. That's a long time - and going on the road, against a pretty solid defense in Cincinnati isn't exactly a way to ease back into playing. Just ... odd all the way around in that one.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the obvious dream setup is Mahomes, Herbert, Allen and Burrow in rd2. First round seems okay but injuries seem to have derailed some of the excitement imo. I guess if you're more optimistic about Jacksonville than I am then thats a great matchup with the Chargers but from a roster talent standpoint the Chargers should be way ahead of the Jags.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports "no one truly knows" if Lamar Jackson (knee) will return for the Wild Card Round.​

For what it's worth, Rapsheet's competitor Adam Schefter reports Jackson has a "strong chance" of finally returning. Of course, Schefter adds Jackson is still dealing with "swelling." It's frankly easier to believe Rapsheet's report. It has been over a month since Jackson has practiced in any capacity. Rapsheet reports "Jackson's knee hasn't felt quite right, despite the work he's put in to try to get it feeling right, so he hasn't practiced." If Jackson does finally return, it's difficult to believe he will look like the Jackson we are used to seeing.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports "no one truly knows" if Lamar Jackson (knee) will return for the Wild Card Round.​

For what it's worth, Rapsheet's competitor Adam Schefter reports Jackson has a "strong chance" of finally returning. Of course, Schefter adds Jackson is still dealing with "swelling." It's frankly easier to believe Rapsheet's report. It has been over a month since Jackson has practiced in any capacity. Rapsheet reports "Jackson's knee hasn't felt quite right, despite the work he's put in to try to get it feeling right, so he hasn't practiced." If Jackson does finally return, it's difficult to believe he will look like the Jackson we are used to seeing.
Lamar Jackson not being on a long term deal really doesnt give him any incentive to play, either. Its a really bad spot for the Ravens, tbh, considering how much talent they've put on that defense.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed, and as I've said - he's missed over a month completely - no practices, no nothing. Even if healthy, to jump back in and expect him to be the guy we all expect/know - is likely setting everyone up for a let-down.

If he's truly had some issues with the knee and does give it a go, the results could be even worse since so much of his game is predicated on his ability to be a threat with his legs - even if he's not running, his ability to extend plays in the pocket would be greatly diminished - and Lamar just isn't a pocket passer QB.

If I had to guess - I would guess that he may practice this week (we'll see) but ultimately, I don't think he plays. I think they use his practicing to try and keep Cincinnati guessing, and best case would be to get LJ practicing this week with hopes that they can upset Cincy in Cincy and have Lamar closer to ready for round 2.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see it two ways with Lamar.... He comes back for the playoffs after the offense struggled for 6 weeks without him and if he pulls off a win or a great showing, his value increases. On the other hand, he might not feel any loyalty to the Ravens and this might be a ploy of his to force them to move on this year in FA. The way the Ravens have run their franchise, it's hard for me to believe that they'll be held hostage by one player. If you tag Jackson this offseason, who's to say he won't get "hurt" again next year? Or every year he's on a 1-year deal.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua is done in Miami.... I wouldn't be shocked if the franchise used Tua as an excuse to fire the current coaching staff. They could look to acquire Sean Payton and Tom Brady as a package deal as they were rumored to be working out last year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua is done in Miami.... I wouldn't be shocked if the franchise used Tua as an excuse to fire the current coaching staff. They could look to acquire Sean Payton and Tom Brady as a package deal as they were rumored to be working out last year.
None of that makes any sense to me, tbh. I think Miami's coach would immediately move to the top of the list of available coaches if they fired him. Payton would cost a 1st round pick and I dont think he'd be worth investing in without a QB that can last at least 4-5 years.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I don't know if the Dolphins can fire a first year head coach who took their team to the playoffs. It's a bad look.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The thing with Lamar is there were rumors he'd be available for their Christmas Eve game.

I agree there could be contractual issues behind it but without a likely shot at a 1 or 2 seed they might have just shut him down so he'd be as healthy as possible in the post season. I guess we'll see this week.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar Jackson not being on a long term deal really doesnt give him any incentive to play, either. Its a really bad spot for the Ravens, tbh, considering how much talent they've put on that defense.
I cant really blame either side. Weird situation

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see this. Dolphins made the playoffs despite missing their starting QB through multiple stretches, and missing their backup QB for multiple stretches.

Not only that - they would fire everyone, give up the picks needed to get Peyton, and land Brady - who has.....how many years left? I know we've all been saying that for years, but the reality is - at some point, Father time is going to catch Brady - and the longer he pushes his playing age up the ladder, the more likely his fall is going to be sudden and sharp as opposed to a gradual decline. Do you really want to base your next 3-4-5 years on those set of circumstances?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing with Lamar is there were rumors he'd be available for their Christmas Eve game.

I agree there could be contractual issues behind it but without a likely shot at a 1 or 2 seed they might have just shut him down so he'd be as healthy as possible in the post season. I guess we'll see this week.
If they goal was to hold him out for the playoffs, and that he's been OK - then why not at least practice? The fact that he's going on, what, 6 weeks without practicing has to be concerning - even if now he "cleared" or "OK" to play....even healthy, missing a month+ of games is a lot.

At best, he'll be rusty at a point in time where it's 1-done season.

At worst, his knee really was an issue, and suddenly one of the biggest advantages he has as a QB, his legs, are not a factor, and he's not exactly a pocket QB.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see this. Dolphins made the playoffs despite missing their starting QB through multiple stretches, and missing their backup QB for multiple stretches.

Not only that - they would fire everyone, give up the picks needed to get Peyton, and land Brady - who has.....how many years left? I know we've all been saying that for years, but the reality is - at some point, Father time is going to catch Brady - and the longer he pushes his playing age up the ladder, the more likely his fall is going to be sudden and sharp as opposed to a gradual decline. Do you really want to base your next 3-4-5 years on those set of circumstances?
I'm not saying I agree with it, but that organization has made some very curious decisions. Beginning with firing Brian Flores, quietly chasing Brady and Peyton last year, and trying to replace Tua with Watson. I think it would be a massive mistake in the long run, but some teams get silly. And if you're an AFC team without a QB, you get desperate and stop seeing things clearly.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying I agree with it, but that organization has made some very curious decisions. Beginning with firing Brian Flores, quietly chasing Brady and Peyton last year, and trying to replace Tua with Watson. I think it would be a massive mistake in the long run, but some teams get silly. And if you're an AFC team without a QB, you get desperate and stop seeing things clearly.
Fair enough - the owner may be dumb enough...he's certainly not made the best decisions lately to start with...

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baltimore needs to face facts. Your franchise QB doesn't want to play for you anymore. It's a hard pill to swallow I know. I so badly want to talk shit on their reddit, but I'm banned lol.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baltimore needs to face facts. Your franchise QB doesn't want to play for you anymore. It's a hard pill to swallow I know. I so badly want to talk shit on their reddit, but I'm banned lol.
Well
We are what we are and ain't what we ain't