• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So will Jalen Hurts transfer or possibly change positions?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I worry that Tua is getting the Garrett Gilbert hype we saw after his relief performance (ironically against Bama) in the title game...but it's clear that he can make passes that Hurts can only dream of making. And just the threat of him making those throws let the Harris Bros. (I know they're not related lol) run wild in the 2nd half of the game on Monday.

Why do people keep mentioning Gilbert Grape?

He threw for like 4 interceptions and fumbled the ball on a sack for Alabama to ice the game.

The only reason he had even a little success is because Alabama let up off the gas after being up huge, then as soon as Texas got close again, they stepped back on their throats.

If people put a big deal on some garbage scores, then that's on them. I mostly remember people trying to use it as a way of claiming McCoy would have done better. "If Colt hadn't got hurt".

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do people keep mentioning Gilbert Grape?

He threw for like 4 interceptions and fumbled the ball on a sack for Alabama to ice the game.

The only reason he had even a little success is because Alabama let up off the gas after being up huge, then as soon as Texas got close again, they stepped back on their throats.

If people put a big deal on some garbage scores, then that's on them. I mostly remember people trying to use it as a way of claiming McCoy would have done better. "If Colt hadn't got hurt".

Fair, i don't remember all the picks.

I know 2 of them went off receivers hands and ended up in Bama's hands. Not on him really.

But just looked at the box score. I thought he played better.

But what's more amazing...6/11 58 yards was the winning QB's line...amazing.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair, i don't remember all the picks.

I know 2 of them went off receivers hands and ended up in Bama's hands. Not on him really.

But just looked at the box score. I thought he played better.

But what's more amazing...6/11 58 yards was the winning QB's line...amazing.

McElroy was never much of a passer, and then he had cracked ribs on top of it. If Alabama hadn't been able to run the ball so well, might would have been in trouble.

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the biggest irony was his refusal to run the ball (until the very end) against Clemson last year.

He had multiple opportunities for big gains on the ground and instead stood out of the pocket, looking around and getting hit, or making bad passes, or even running out of bounds on one play.

I worry that Tua is getting the Garrett Gilbert hype we saw after his relief performance (ironically against Bama) in the title game...but it's clear that he can make passes that Hurts can only dream of making. And just the threat of him making those throws let the Harris Bros. (I know they're not related lol) run wild in the 2nd half of the game on Monday.

Hey, I'm not saying that Tua is the best slice of bread out there. But, he is a better passing QB than Hurts is. I loves me some Hurts too. It's just unfortunate that he doesn't seem to be progressing.

If Tua can progress then I'm feeling good. There will be a QB competition in the Spring. Saban's a fair guy & he'll give Jalen an opportunity to compete for the position.
The biggest new in my Crimson opinion is that Damien Harris is going to come back to play his Senior year. I'm loving that, Harris didn't get the rock enough. I heard he had been dealing with a groin. Harris is a BEAST!

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I'm not saying that Tua is the best slice of bread out there. But, he is a better passing QB than Hurts is. I loves me some Hurts too. It's just unfortunate that he doesn't seem to be progressing.

If Tua can progress then I'm feeling good. There will be a QB competition in the Spring. Saban's a fair guy & he'll give Jalen an opportunity to compete for the position.
The biggest new in my Crimson opinion is that Damien Harris is going to come back to play his Senior year. I'm loving that, Harris didn't get the rock enough. I heard he had been dealing with a groin. Harris is a BEAST!

No doubt. I think the point is, it was a single half of football. That’s an extremely small sample size no matter how good he looked.

Mike30142

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked just as good in his garbage time this year. He's the future of Bama.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a great game for a freshmen. That is different than having a great game. Did he show promise? Certainly. Will he become great? I have no idea. CFB is littered with young kids that came in and showed promise. Fans love to extrapolate though. They see that game and look forward to the great steps he will take forward next year. More times than not, those expectations turn out to be grossly over-estimated. OSU fan started this. Same fan base that thought JT Barrett would be in the hall of fame after his 1st year. Same fan base that thought Caradale was going to win 2 NC. So Tua may make the steps to be a great QB or he may not. All I know is it is generally smart to bet against the young QB destined for greatness. Good luck to him. Hopefully, fans don't fill his head up in the offseason

True. Anthony Jennings came in for two LSU games at the end of the season a few years ago and looked like the savior.

If you don't recognize his name, you can guess how that ended up

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's your comparison? Gilbert came in and went 15 for 40 for 186 2 TD's and 4 INT....and a QBR of 21.4. If Tua had had a game like that, Georgia would have a Trophy.
you forget --- it's always about TEXAS

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. I think the point is, it was a single half of football. That’s an extremely small sample size no matter how good he looked.

Here's all his plays this year if you are interested in him.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's all his plays this year if you are interested in him.

Awesome. Thanks.

I mean I always liked him and joked wih my friend that Bama needed to switch to Tua to win. But I never seriously thought saban would do it.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome. Thanks.

I mean I always liked him and joked wih my friend that Bama needed to switch to Tua to win. But I never seriously thought saban would do it.

I didn't think the switch needed to be made until halftime when it did happen. Tua still made freshman mistakes, and we saw some in the game, while Jalen doesn't make many mistakes - he just doesn't have the vision or something to stand in the pocket and make throws.

I thought/hoped Jalen would make plays with his legs and he did, but Daboll kept wanting him to sit in the pocket and it just wasn't happening. Freshman mistakes or not, it was time for the change.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think the switch needed to be made until halftime when it did happen. Tua still made freshman mistakes, and we saw some in the game, while Jalen doesn't make many mistakes - he just doesn't have the vision or something to stand in the pocket and make throws.

I thought/hoped Jalen would make plays with his legs and he did, but Daboll kept wanting him to sit in the pocket and it just wasn't happening. Freshman mistakes or not, it was time for the change.

We saw what Jalen would've done with the game winning TD pass when he played Clemson last year.

The ball might've taken out a spectator in the 3rd row behind the EZ.