• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So...what would happen if we traded Case Keenum for Joe Flacco?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't want Flacco's contract. It makes 0 sense to trade for him. The Ravens will cut him and we can sign him to a much friendlier deal if that's what they want to do. I figure he ends up in DC, though.

Washington was going to be my 3rd guess after Miami and Cincinnati but I didn't want to keep going and rank them 1-32 so I stopped at 2. ;)

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a QB that will probably never be considered "elite" ( whatever that is ), Nick Foles has balls the size of the Liberty Bell ..

I think the Eagles were 100% on 3rd down conversions when Foles threw the ball, and he made a great throw on 4th and goal TD to win that game ...

The bigger the game, the better he plays -- even vs the Bears when he threw two picks early on, it didn't phase him ... Sure, the game came down to a missed FG, but he was a backup again this season and the Eagles just went into Chicago in January and came out with a win vs the arguably best defense in the NFL ..

I love what the Eagles have done with two TEs

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hoping Denver can find a way to use 2 TE. I had hope early in the year, but we seem to have TEs that can't stay healthy. It is unfortunate as a threat from the TE position would make the offense more difficult to defend.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, let me say that I've had too much coffee on a dreary Sunday afternoon. This idea wafted through my head more like a fever dream than a move that would actually solve anything for either team. But I must admit that the thought of Munchak at HC, Kubiak at OC, and Flacco as a stopgap QB until a QBOTF can be found sounds kind of fun.

There will be a market for Joe Flacco...as a FA, not as a trade. BAL can't afford to keep him on the roster...doubtful anyone claims him off waivers.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a QB that will probably never be considered "elite" ( whatever that is ), Nick Foles has balls the size of the Liberty Bell ..

I think the Eagles were 100% on 3rd down conversions when Foles threw the ball, and he made a great throw on 4th and goal TD to win that game ...

The bigger the game, the better he plays -- even vs the Bears when he threw two picks early on, it didn't phase him ... Sure, the game came down to a missed FG, but he was a backup again this season and the Eagles just went into Chicago in January and came out with a win vs the arguably best defense in the NFL ..

I love what the Eagles have done with two TEs

Sign Foles, draft a QB if needed in 2020, draft Olineman this year, sign a FA CB.

Like you said Foles is great when the games count. Just make sure you treat every game as a one and donw.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hoping Denver can find a way to use 2 TE. I had hope early in the year, but we seem to have TEs that can't stay healthy. It is unfortunate as a threat from the TE position would make the offense more difficult to defend.

We were all really excited about Butt. (No pun intended) hard to imagine he will be what we thought he would be coming out of college after two knee injuries, but it has happened. At this point he is just a bonus.

Here is to hoping Fumagalli can contribute next year.

Iowa has two really nice TE's in the draft this year. ;) one of which can't block though.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think Fant makes it to round 2? I saw were some believe he could go end of round 1.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really falls all over the board.. He will test really well. Didn't have a great year... Very athletic, great receiver, does drop some easy ones, can't block though. I have him in round 2 right now. But could see a team taking him rd 1 needing a pass catching TE in an explosive offense. Similar to Evan Engram who ended up going late rd 1.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need to draft a TE. Who are your top 5 TEs at this point? I understand that a lot can change with the combine, pro days, and individual workouts.

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Flacco would be fine with a better OL and some TEs..."

Yeah, so would Keenum. And for the different in contract, I'll gladly keep Keenum.

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need to draft a TE. Who are your top 5 TEs at this point? I understand that a lot can change with the combine, pro days, and individual workouts.
Irv Smith has to be near 1, if not the 1

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Albert Okewebexhkwu, Missouri howver you spell his last name
2. Noah Fant Iowa
3. Irv Smith Bama
4. Caleb Wilson UCLA
5. Jace Sternbrger Texas AM

When TJ Hockenson decalres he probably goes to #1.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on this there should be some good options in the 2nd and maybe the 3rd round.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would certainly cut down on moving expenses!

The only way you would trade for him would be if you had a contract you could live with that he would sign .

But Now that Kubiak is not with us I say no way would I want this guy.

Gary's system is simple and he makes it easy for QB's like cutting the field in half for them.I guess this is why Vic cut bait because him being D side mind knows this is way easier to defend. IMO Flacco is more of a hlf of the field type of a guy.

Lynch, now we know the rest of the story. Not bright but Gary just grins and says no need for smarts in my system. They thought.

Plummer, now we know the rest of the story. He struggled without Gary's old style. Mike uses the updated version of the whole field and the QB in the pocket this is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyv more stressful.

Elway covered this in an interview with SI the other day IMO. Some said Elway threw Kubiak under the bus. I hope that is not the case .

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, let me say that I've had too much coffee on a dreary Sunday afternoon. This idea wafted through my head more like a fever dream than a move that would actually solve anything for either team. But I must admit that the thought of Munchak at HC, Kubiak at OC, and Flacco as a stopgap QB until a QBOTF can be found sounds kind of fun.

What would happen ???.....The Broncos would instantly become a better team and the most dangerous for the deep ball at home....Can you imagine Joe's big arm in that thin air up there half of the season, and Elway sharing all the secrets of advantage playing there ?
He is known for the deep ball too, Remember that 2012 playoff game ??...I'm just sayin'
Would be a good move and Elway could renegotiate the contract if needed.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Broncos, it'd probably be an upgrade at QB for 2019. After that, it would not be great because they would not have been priming the next starter of the franchise. Denver is middle of the pack in salary cap space for 2019, so this isn't really a big factor. If the Broncos truly felt like Keenum was not starter material, it wouldn't be horrible.

It'd be great for the Ravens. Get rid of that contract and avoid the unpleasantness of having a backup who is a highly paid ex starter. Get a younger QB that is pretty good as a backup because their current starter plays with a style that usually ends in a few missed games.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on-guys! Where's your sense of humor? - Of course, Flacco - to go with Fangio, Scangarello, Donetell and Azzani (and the guy from Ukraine).