• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So what will Danny do for moves in the offseason ?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously with this kemba news the Pritchard pick makes a lot more sense.

he’s the backup pg for now.

still preferr bazz to Teague overall, but Teague is the better fit

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can add draft picks to a trade exception. What you cannot do is attach other players for salary matching.

it’s almost always picks and/or draft rights for a player.

I believe, but not 100% sure they could trade their recent first round picks in a deal with their TPE until they sign. In which case they become salary that cannot be attached.

What I am saying is Bradley Beal is very expensive.

You would need to deal someone like Jaylen Brown + picks to have a chance.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a hard no on Kevin Love... for multiple reasons:
  • His contract sucks. Dude is making around 30 million per over the next 3 seasons.
  • He isn't mobile enough on defense... we prefer/need our wings and even our bigs to switch and cover multiple positions... old man slow doesn't do that, especially at his most natural position (the 4).

The whole purpose of the trade exception is to acquire a contract like Love’s without giving up any assets.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole purpose of the trade exception is to acquire a contract like Love’s without giving up any assets.
It's a little more nuanced than that... there's a hard cap to consider, there's a tax line that the C's would cross if they acquired someone like Love... there's the fact that Love has 3 years left at a really high price point, which would certainly affect what the C's could do in year 2 and year 3.

I think it's unlikely (really unlikely) that the Celtics go after someone at the very top of what this trade exception makes possible.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I am saying is Bradley Beal is very expensive.

You would need to deal someone like Jaylen Brown + picks to have a chance.

and what I’m saying is they can’t. So it would have to be like 5 picks plus the draft rights to the 3 guys they picked last month.

i dont think Beal is an option for the exception. It won’t work.

I don’t buy he’s a Danny player anyway. He’s legit one of the worst defenders in the league

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

not so. Look at gs acquiring Oubre for a conditional first.

Danny basically can offer two firsts or anyone making 28.5m or less.

the list someone posted above is a good start.

especially if he splits it into 2 players.

Romeo being out for all of camp ans the first 6-8 weeks of the season is just killer for his development. He and Edwards need to go to a bad team where they can get work in.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not so. Look at gs acquiring Oubre for a conditional first.

Danny basically can offer two firsts or anyone making 28.5m or less.

the list someone posted above is a good start.

especially if he splits it into 2 players.

Romeo being out for all of camp ans the first 6-8 weeks of the season is just killer for his development. He and Edwards need to go to a bad team where they can get work in.

A conditional first for a playoff team isn’t a hefty price.

It is an asset.

You will never see a player of Beal’s caliber move in a trade exception deal.

You will see good supplementary players, not stats. Beal is a star.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A conditional first for a playoff team isn’t a hefty price.

It is an asset.

You will never see a player of Beal’s caliber move in a trade exception deal.

You will see good supplementary players, not stats. Beal is a star.
I agree.
But in theory Boston could send 5 picks plus the tpe for beal.

but they can’t add anyone with salary to the deal.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Celtics have 3 big needs
1) wing scorer
2) stretch 4
3) backup pg (I worry Teague is toast)

barton and nance cover the first 2. And frankly nance can switch and guard multiple positions. He’d even play some 5

Did you know since the Wolves got rid of Rubio for Teague because of shooting, Rubio has been more accurate from 3?

Teague will do wonders for you at dribbling the ball for 18 seconds and putting up a bad shot though.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teague will do wonders for you at dribbling the ball for 18 seconds and putting up a bad shot though.
The Celtics want him to dribble for 10 seconds and pass to the open shooter. Make the defense move and snap a pass to the corner. Some guys can do it naturally but others can't. The ones who can't have to be shown or taught. You have to hope they don't have learning disabilities.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics want him to dribble for 10 seconds and pass to the open shooter. Make the defense move and snap a pass to the corner. Some guys can do it naturally but others can't. The ones who can't have to be shown or taught. You have to hope they don't have learning disabilities.

Thibs made SOOOO many mistakes in his time with the Wolves. Swapping Rubio for Teague was probably the most damaging. It cost more money, made the defense worse, and failed to add any improvement on shooting.

My dislike of Teague is far greater than it should be because of it. The guy is not good though, probably be better coming off the bench however.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you know since the Wolves got rid of Rubio for Teague because of shooting, Rubio has been more accurate from 3?

The Cavs seemed to play the Hawks every year in the playoffs and I was so happy seeing Teague with the ball at the end of the shot clock bc he would usually hoist up a bad or forced shot. He had a hot game every now and then but pretty inconsistent. His defense was average at best, can't imagine what it is now at 32

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thibs made SOOOO many mistakes in his time with the Wolves. Swapping Rubio for Teague was probably the most damaging. It cost more money, made the defense worse, and failed to add any improvement on shooting.

My dislike of Teague is far greater than it should be because of it. The guy is not good though, probably be better coming off the bench however.

what pick did you get for rubio?

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of negativity on Teague, it seems...

... he isn't perfect... but as a back-up and stop-gap, I am personally happy the Celtics picked him up.

He is exactly the type of player that does well under Coach Stevens.... quick, can run the pick n roll well... can distribute the ball...

... he's a clear upgrade on offense from what we had last year (Wanamaker), and a vital addition after we lost the offensive ability of Hayward.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of negativity on Teague, it seems...

... he isn't perfect... but as a back-up and stop-gap, I am personally happy the Celtics picked him up.

He is exactly the type of player that does well under Coach Stevens.... quick, can run the pick n roll well... can distribute the ball...

... he's a clear upgrade on offense from what we had last year (Wanamaker), and a vital addition after we lost the offensive ability of Hayward.

should’ve brought bazzy home

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Okogie, who I am a big fan of.

yeah. I liked that.

but I said from th start that thibs needed to get Lowry as his third start with butler and Townes.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great.......