• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So what percentage of Americans are rooting for Green Bay this weekend?

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect a lot of Lions fans are rooting for Green Bay this weekend. Not sure about those Vikings and Bears fans of course. But I know many older Vikings fans still despise Dallas due to the Drew Pearson push off.

I think sports is starting to be an unhealthy obsession for you.

How long are we going to have to pay the price for Dec 14th? The resentment is just oozing out of your pours at this point.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB has always been America's team. Lambeau Field is the most iconic stadium in American sports, they have the most loyal fan base, no greedy owner, small market,etc.

Dallas isn't even close. If anything the Steelers are a distant second.

I would argue that Wrigley Field is the most iconic stadium in American Sports.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grew up in DC as a Skins fan.

Me too, but I just can't root for the Pack. I'm just looking forward to a good game. Maybe I'll find myself rooting for one of them as I watch it. :noidea:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB has always been America's team. Lambeau Field is the most iconic stadium in American sports, they have the most loyal fan base, no greedy owner, small market,etc.

What's important to realize is that the entire world keeps bringing this up with the exception of most Cowboys fans.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Folks getting hung up on that America's Team label is so stupid, but whatever. 25 years ago folks claimed it wasn't the Cowboys and people should just drop it, and 25 years later, here folks are, still debating it, despite nearly 2 decades of ineptitude from the Cowboys. They might not be the most beloved, but I'll be damned if they're not the most polarizing.

Also, when it comes to the teams you mentioned, I often find myself wondering what the landscape of the NFL would look like and how we would speak of those franchises had they both been fairly irrelevant since 1990. I think a lot of fans don't want to go there, but if you want to talk about passionate fans, I say it's easy to be passionate about a consistently relevant team. Lose for a few decades and get back to me.

Now Browns fans on the other hand, have got to be loyal as they come. God bless those poor bastards.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Folks getting hung up on that America's Team label is so stupid, but whatever. 25 years ago folks claimed it wasn't the Cowboys and people should just drop it, and 25 years later, here folks are, still debating it, despite nearly 2 decades of ineptitude from the Cowboys. They might not be the most beloved, but I'll be damned if they're not the most polarizing.

Also, when it comes to the teams you mentioned, I often find myself wondering what the landscape of the NFL would look like and how we would speak of those franchises had they both been fairly irrelevant since 1990. I think a lot of fans don't want to go there, but if you want to talk about passionate fans, I say it's easy to be passionate about a consistently relevant team. Lose for a few decades and get back to me.

Now Browns fans on the other hand, have got to be loyal as they come. God bless those poor bastards.

The Packers were mediocre to bad through most of the 80's but have still sold out every game since the 60's.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, when it comes to the teams you mentioned, I often find myself wondering what the landscape of the NFL would look like and how we would speak of those franchises had they both been fairly irrelevant since 1990. I think a lot of fans don't want to go there, but if you want to talk about passionate fans, I say it's easy to be passionate about a consistently relevant team. Lose for a few decades and get back to me..

You obviously overlooked the 70s' and 80's when the Packers were just flat awful. Despite that, the stands were still packed to the gills each and every game.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers were mediocre to bad through most of the 80's but have still sold out every game since the 60's.

What is there to do in Whisky besides check out Ed Gein's farm and house?

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And in that weather, that is really saying something.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends. Are we counting the Cowboy fans that could only name Tony Romo as a player on the team? Because I know a huge percentage of Cowboy fans are of that variety.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is there to do in Whisky besides check out Ed Gein's farm and house?

HAHAHA my sister and brother in law have a cabin on the Castle Rock flowage in Adams which isn't too far from Eddie's place. Been there a couple of times back in the day.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure this killed it for "Christie for Prez" crowd at least.

He wasn't going to take Michigan anyway. It would be funny if he was the nominee and lost Jersey and overall by less than Jersey's EVs.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Carl was maybe born when Favre was the Packer QB and is not aware of the 25 years before that.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell you what, based on what I'm reading online, I think there's actually a healthy portion of Lions and Vikings fans rooting for Green Bay. If one things brings fans of rival teams together, it's their hatred of Dallas.
:bawling:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't going to take Michigan anyway. It would be funny if he was the nominee and lost Jersey and overall by less than Jersey's EVs.
Christie is disliked by many conservatives.