• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So to Keep or not to keep

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slightly off topic..but I find it interesting, to say the least, that virtually everyone who comes in here, talks about leagues where RB's are gold...yet all the "experts" are all about the "zero RB " strategy.

And they can analytically prove that that's the way to win...on paper...yet rarely do we see owners win truly competitive leagues, without strong RB's

@Schmoopy1000 . ...I'd toss Kupp into the pile and see what you can find picking a round earlier.
difference here is this is a league from 2003. literally people have died since having this league. (more than one) One continued the process. (by relatives)
Another tried but wasnt too serious so they gave the team to another new person.
My exp. in RB being gold. Is my my exp! (in this league)
we know how we play!
Stat wise Good RBs are less likely to find over WRs.

Like I said. Finding a new WR is easier than finding a decent RB. (we dont give them up)
I have no clue if Swift is gonna be ok.
but
I have to take that chance to get decent Rbs to win my next championship!
Two badass Rbs helps alot!

Pretty sure I know personally in this league (which is slow to change) I am confident on how important RBs are.
Very few changes. (which means find the new one)
Thank you for your input *bow*

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he doesnt like your pickings, the worst u lost is kupp, or maybe you even get him back.
I've done that more than once. Get rid of the longer in tooth only to find them later. & have both!
so I am more than curious if I let him ride. How potent he will be if I go after him later!

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kind of players are going to be available and how many teams ahead of you will keep the full 5 players?
we wont be allowed to know that until the draft!

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
difference here is this is a league from 2003. literally people have died since having this league. (more than one) One continued the process. (by relatives)
Another tried but wasnt too serious so they gave the team to another new person.
My exp. in RB being gold. Is my my exp! (in this league)
we know how we play!
Stat wise Good RBs are less likely to find over WRs.

Like I said. Finding a new WR is easier than finding a decent RB. (we dont give them up)
I have no clue if Swift is gonna be ok.
but
I have to take that chance to get decent Rbs to win my next championship!
Two badass Rbs helps alot!

Pretty sure I know personally in this league (which is slow to change) I am confident on how important RBs are.
Very few changes. (which means find the new one)
Thank you for your input *bow*
Just so we're clear...I'm %100 on your side there...just making sure :)

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just look at last years rosters and u can tell who will be keeping what most likely(not for sure but gives u an idea)
Right..after playing with these other owners in a league since 2003, I would have to think you'd know most of their tendencies and can fairly accurately predict most of their keepers

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've done that more than once. Get rid of the longer in tooth only to find them later. & have both!
so I am more than curious if I let him ride. How potent he will be if I go after him later!
If this is the case. Id think long and hard about even taking etienne, or javonte williams early. Like i said think mike davis is in play too

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we wont be allowed to know that until the draft!
Can you give us an educated guess, knowing the rosters and your friends? Trying to get an idea of who we are comparing Kupp to.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now with more info Id drop kupp (btw is lamb much better) with your need to get a RB get the best available in a round that not all teams will be making a pick Going to be tough with swift as your #1 so u need help :suds:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now with more info Id drop kupp (btw is lamb much better) with your need to get a RB get the best available in a round that not all teams will be making a pick Going to be tough with swift as your #1 so u need help :suds:
Alot of folks are super high on lamb this year. But he can be kept next year and his outlook is great

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamb is future super star, on a dynamic offensive team. Maybe he isn't better than Kupp this year. But, next year, Gallup is likely gone, Cooper will likely have to restructure or be shown the door once his out clause comes around, and by then Lamb might have overtaken him anyways.
And Lamb is 22, Kupp is 28...that's worth quite a bit alone

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamb is future super star, on a dynamic offensive team. Maybe he isn't better than Kupp this year. But, next year, Gallup is likely gone, Cooper will likely have to restructure or be shown the door once his out clause comes around, and by then Lamb might have overtaken him anyways.
Yep. This. 100%

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep. This. 100%

More so, fantasy football is about perceived value during the off-season... A team like the cowboys will always get more hype than any other team... so their players will always be WORTH MORE than they should be... especially if you want to trade him...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More so, fantasy football is about perceived value during the off-season... A team like the cowboys will always get more hype than any other team... so their players will always be WORTH MORE than they should be... especially if you want to trade him...
Top draft pick, high octane offense, and was top 15 wr with a healthy dak, lots to
Like no matter the team.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top draft pick, high octane offense, and was top 15 wr with a healthy dak, lots to
Like no matter the team.

Im not arguing that...

all i am saying is that there are some teams whose players get more hype than others too... Cowboys are one of them... And fantasy value is all based on perceived value from the rest of the league...

if you are a rising star for the cowboys, you are going to be hyped up to the extreme...

But thats not a bad thing....

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If things are relatively "blind" or unknown until the draft, another point to consider is whom does everyone root for? Would the other owners reach earlier for Dallas players if they are Cowboys fans?

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good point :suds: