• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So the Big 12 has 4 clear top teams in the conference

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and none of them play each other until Oklahoma plays TCU on October 20th, then the rest of the games that involve Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU and West Virginia playing each are all in November.

So basically if none of these teams messes up and drops a game to someone like Iowa State or Texas....they will all be in the top 10 entering that OU/TCU game....then including the silly Big 12 championship game which will likely match up two of these teams, they will beat each other up and none make the playoff :L

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and none of them play each other until Oklahoma plays TCU on October 20th, then the rest of the games that involve Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU and West Virginia playing each are all in November.

So basically if none of these teams messes up and drops a game to someone like Iowa State or Texas....they will all be in the top 10 entering that OU/TCU game....then including the silly Big 12 championship game which will likely match up two of these teams, they will beat each other up and none make the playoff :L
giphy.gif

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What are your suggestions? Because this conference won’t add bodies for the sake of adding bodies. Said additions need to add to the pie. Like it or not this is all about money.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's going to be awful crowded with all the SEC teams.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oklahoma is the clear leader, 2 of those on the road but don’t go betting against them.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Oklahoma by a very wide margin and then who gives a crap.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams are alphabetical order in tiers.

Tier 1

Oklahoma
TCU
West Virginia

I think right now, these are the 3 that have the best shots. I would favor all 3 of these teams vs the rest of the conference but not necessarily against each other.

Tier 2

Iowa State
Kansas State
Oklahoma State
Texas

I think these teams would be underdogs vs the Tier 1 teams, but winning vs them wouldn't be a huge upset. I also see them being favored vs Texas Tech but not be a huge upset if they lost to them either.

Tier 3

Texas Tech

TTU are not bottom feeders but if they beat a Tier 1 team, it would be a huge upset. Losing to Baylor or Kansas wouldn't be a huge upset, neither would be beating a Tier 2 team.

Tier 4

Baylor
Kansas

Outside TTU and each other, if these 2 teams beat anyone else in conference, it is a surprise.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tier 1

Oklahoma
TCU
West Virginia

I think right now, these are the 3 that have the best shots. I would favor all 3 of these teams vs the rest of the conference but not necessarily against each other.

Tier 2

Iowa State
Kansas State
Oklahoma State
Texas

I think these teams would be underdogs vs the Tier 1 teams, but winning vs them wouldn't be a huge upset. I also see them being favored vs Texas Tech but not be a huge upset if they lost to them either.

Tier 3

Texas Tech

TTU are not bottom feeders but if they beat a Tier 1 team, it would be a huge upset. Losing to Baylor or Kansas wouldn't be a huge upset, neither would be beating a Tier 2 team.

Tier 4

Baylor
Kansas

Outside TTU and each other, if these 2 teams beat anyone else in conference, it is a surprise.

TCU is not a tier 1 team in the B12, I would put them on a par with Michigan, as a fringe top 25 team. Okie Lite is a better team.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tier 1

Oklahoma
TCU
West Virginia

Tier 2

Iowa State
Kansas State
Oklahoma State
Texas

Tier 3

Texas Tech

Tier 4

Baylor
Kansas

I think you are close

Tier 1

OU

Tier 2

TCU
OKST
WVU

Tier 3

Iowa State
Texas
Tech
KSU

Tier 4

Kansas
Baylor

OU is tier one until proven otherwise. The only team to come close to challenging them in years is us and that hasn't ended well. Tier 2 deserves respect and any in this group has a legit chance to knock OU off it's perch. TCU probably lost their shot at a playoff berth early but the other two have a chance if they go undefeated. Tier 3 are decent and can win games depending on the week. Iowa State loves that they are in this company and if Campbell sticks around has a decent shot at making tier 2. Texas hates that they are in this company and as long as Herman is around will never make tier 2. Tier 4 is the shits but don't expect a change here any time soon

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are close

Tier 1

OU

Tier 2

TCU
OKST
WVU

Tier 3

Iowa State
Texas
Tech
KSU

Tier 4

Kansas
Baylor

OU is tier one until proven otherwise. The only team to come close to challenging them in years is us and that hasn't ended well. Tier 2 deserves respect and any in this group has a legit chance to knock OU off it's perch. TCU probably lost their shot at a playoff berth early but the other two have a chance if they go undefeated. Tier 3 are decent and can win games depending on the week. Iowa State loves that they are in this company and if Campbell sticks around has a decent shot at making tier 2. Texas hates that they are in this company and as long as Herman is around will never make tier 2. Tier 4 is the shits but don't expect a change here any time soon
I think this is more accurate. I'm not buying the TCU and Oklahoma State love yet. They are good and can beat some good teams. Just don't think they can win week in and week out through the conference grind. JMO

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is more accurate. I'm not buying the TCU and Oklahoma State love yet. They are good and can beat some good teams. Just don't think they can win week in and week out through the conference grind. JMO

TCU is a paper tiger this year. Oklahoma State-man we are supposed to be an 8-4 type rebuilding team but I don't know. Corndog is a bridge to Sanders and the defense is supposed to be a year or two away. Corndog looks good and that front 6 looks killer right now. Early but if you project our stats through 12 games we set a NCAA record for sacks. I'm guessing my expectations are too high right now but I've gone from just enjoy the wins and bowl game to holy shit we might do some damage

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TCU is a paper tiger this year. Oklahoma State-man we are supposed to be an 8-4 type rebuilding team but I don't know. Corndog is a bridge to Sanders and the defense is supposed to be a year or two away. Corndog looks good and that front 6 looks killer right now. Early but if you project our stats through 12 games we set a NCAA record for sacks. I'm guessing my expectations are too high right now but I've gone from just enjoy the wins and bowl game to holy shit we might do some damage
Would be good for the Big 12 if you guys do end up being better than I think. Same for West Virginia and TCU.

I believe a lot of teams are capable of beating nearly everyone. Just don't think there are enough that can survive that long grind.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically OU is playing no one difficult this year.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, then I guess say it about Bama. We are talking about OU here.

Well to make the assumption you made is epically ignorant or you were just trying to bash Texas and drug the rest of us in to it.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well to make the assumption you made is epically ignorant or you were just trying to bash Texas and drug the rest of us in to it.

:L

How the FUCK is "So basically OU is playing no one difficult this year." bashing Texas?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

How the FUCK is "So basically OU is playing no one difficult this year." bashing Texas?

Well they play Oklahoma this year. That’s how the FUCK it could be bashing Texas, along with everyone else in the B12.

But you are proving more and more to be epically ignorant. Congrats