• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So Much for the greatest QB Coach Of All Time.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First - why did they change the format of this site? It is horrible.
Second - I'm one of the few unhappy with Milton winning the QB competition, but reports are McCaffrey wasn't even listed as backup - Cade McNamara beat him out for that.
Lastly - unless Milton has taken a big jump in accuracy and decision making, he is nothing more than a bigger version of Shane Morris. Guy is 6'5" 250 lbs, can run a 4.6-4.7 and can throw the ball 80+ yards, but if you don't have accuracy or make dumb throws. It doesn't matter

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never heard Harbaugh called the greatest QB coach of all time. I've heard Cutliffe described like that. I've heard that about Riley. George Whitfield and Chris Weinke are probably the great QB minds alive. But I've never heard someone say that about Harbaugh. Which QBs did he coach to greatness? He overlapped with Luck at Stanford, but he doesn't get credit for Luck, more Luck's NFL QB father (and Shaw took a more active role at Stanford with Luck anyway). At the Raiders, he actively made Gannon worse. Alex Smith and Kaepernick both sucked. Who else? Josh Johnson? Speight? Patterson?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never heard Harbaugh called the greatest QB coach of all time. I've heard Cutliffe described like that. I've heard that about Riley. George Whitfield and Chris Weinke are probably the great QB minds alive. But I've never heard someone say that about Harbaugh. Which QBs did he coach to greatness? He overlapped with Luck at Stanford, but he doesn't get credit for Luck, more Luck's NFL QB father (and Shaw took a more active role at Stanford with Luck anyway). At the Raiders, he actively made Gannon worse. Alex Smith and Kaepernick both sucked. Who else? Josh Johnson? Speight? Patterson?

Shut up, stupid.

tenor.gif

Harbaugh himself has alluded to it. "I'm not going to toot my own horn" when asked about his ability to develop QB's
Desmond Howard called him the "Quarterback Whisperer".

When Harbaugh took over Michigan, wolvie and maze&blue were here pimping him as a QB guru. That's faded as inbound transfers have beat out his recruits.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Harbaugh has done zero to stoke confidence at UM. The main reason many UM fans, like myself, were excited about Harbaugh coming on as coach was because of his ability with QB's.

At San Diego - Josh Johnson was coached by Harbaugh. He threw for 113 tds and 15 int's in 3 years and became the first and only QB ever to be drafted from San Diego.

At Stanford - Harbaugh didn't overlap Luck. He recruited and signed Luck and coached him for 3 years. He ended up as the #1 overall pick.

With the 49ers -- he took a guy considered as a game manager (Alex Smith), who til that point had 52 tds and 42 int's in the NFL and never had a QB rating over 82. After a year and a half with Harbaugh, he had 31 tds and 10 int's. When Harbaugh replaces him with Kaepernick at QB, Smith had the 4th highest QB rating in the NFL at 104.7.
Speaking of Kaepernick -- he should send a TY card to Harbaugh on a yearly basis. He got a 6 year $126 million extension because Harbaugh made him look like a great QB.

THEN Michigan........he was left with nothing when he got to UM. So I can't fault the first year or two. But he has missed on too many recruits. Peters oils make all the throws, but brutal pocket presence. Next was McCaffrey -- was excited about him, but any time he got hit, he got hurt. Now it is Joe Milton. Will be interesting to see what he does this year. Guy is a giant and can throw the ball 80+ yards. 6'5" 245 lbs and can run a 4.6. Accuracy and decision making are his biggest issues. I wish I could say I was confident about him, but I think he struggles against better defenses, unless he made a HUGE jump in development.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss him from the Pac-12 and NFC West days.......