• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So long Habs

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't feel like starting a thread about the Habs this season so I'll throw my 2 cents in this one. If that not OK feel free to delete this post mods.

I am never happy after a playoff loss but if at the beginning of the season if I was told Markov would play just 7 games, Gorges would be hurt half the season, and the Habs would need to call up so many Hamilton players; I would have never thought the Habs would have even made the playoffs at all.

Carey Price, I said all along I thought he and Halak would both be good goalies. I didn't expect him to have as good of a year right away though. If anything I think he was better than some of his numbers as the Habs defense at times tend to watch when opposing players attack the crease.

PK had a decent playoffs last season and a bit of a rough start this year. By the end of the season he was probably the Habs best defensemen. He also had a good playoffs perhaps being the best defensemen in that series. While I'd love to have had Markov or Gorges a lot longer than they played, the silver lining may be that the Habs were forced to play Subban more than they might have otherwise and he improved all year. I'd like Gill to be brought back for another year or two to continue helping him develop.

Pacioretty looks like he was called up to stay this time. Actually uses his size and heads to the net which is rare on this team. Hopefully he can come back from his exaggerated injury that has completely kept him off the ice for almost two months.

Nice to see Plekanec continue to be one of the hardest working Canadiens even after getting a big contract.

So while losing always sucks, I didn't have any real thoughts of them going deep in the playoffs. They played hard and fought to the end, something this team hasn't always done in my time following them.

And again, props to the Bruins and good luck in the next round.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
PK is going to be a stud in this league. what a rocket that PP goal was last game.

if/when he matures, he could be Norris worthy.
playing 27+ minutes (and damned effectively) in the playoffs as a 21 year old rookie is phenomenal.

Price has settled in to elite form as well. rock solid most night.

the future's bright.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Squidy for Jay-Bo and we'll throw in Stajan...Work the numbers and get back to me, comeds.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If game 6 hadn't been pushed back to Tuesday because of a Lady Gaga concert I would have nothing but high praise for Montreal. Lady Gaga over a Canadiens playoff game? Really?

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montreal is a damn good team. It was a fun series Comeds, even though we didn't converse much. Good luck next year...

I still hate Subban. A lot.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not I.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post Comeds. The Canadiens will be back again next year for sure. This division should be a real battle next year.

Good luck to your guy's !!

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post Comeds. The Canadiens will be back again next year for sure. This division should be a real battle next year.

Good luck to your guy's !!

Definitely. Toronto is looking better. Montreal and Buffalo are really stepping up their game. Ottawa, still not sure about. I guess they're our Islanders of the NE. lol

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks guys, should be fun!