• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So let's talk 2021 draft

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose it is possible that we go into the season with Penny as the #1 back. Kinda scary considering his injury history and performance so far.

I hope not.

He is so wrong for this offense it still blows my mind they drafted him

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will probably be the most boring draft in NFL history. I mean outside of Trevor Lawrence... the Hawks have bare bones draft capital and even if they did with the whole COVID year everything is a COMPLETE unknown/mess. Will be one of the drafts I pay probably the least attention to in the last 20 or so years (where I really started to get into it).

More interested in free agency at the moment.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been looking for a RB that might be available in the 4th or 5th round that fits the physical style the Seahawks like and was watching Rhamondre Stevenson. Big RB, quick feet, willing to deliver a blow, continues forward after contact. has a nice spin move when hit that he uses. Lacking a bit on top speed and can get run down on long plays, but's he's not slow at all. I think he'd be a nice fit.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they try and find a CB or a Guard with their first pick and if they believe the guy they are targeting will fall they trade down. Then after their guy is drafted 2 picks after they trade down they will then just grab BPA at needed position..... yeah doesn't feel good. So i see the hawks taking a 5th round player in the 3rd after trading down into the 3rd. Yeah like i said before this is starting to feel like the TR Band-aids we saw for many years.

It's time the Hawks made some noise in the draft again because these failed drafts have more to do with the position the Hawks are in than anything. They have not been able to find those cheap contracts for exceptional players for far to long. Also i would look at getting some better scouts because it's obvious that the group they have are sub par at best. Either that or JS and PC are not listening to their scouts.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they try and find a CB or a Guard with their first pick and if they believe the guy they are targeting will fall they trade down. Then after their guy is drafted 2 picks after they trade down they will then just grab BPA at needed position..... yeah doesn't feel good. So i see the hawks taking a 5th round player in the 3rd after trading down into the 3rd. Yeah like i said before this is starting to feel like the TR Band-aids we saw for many years.

It's time the Hawks made some noise in the draft again because these failed drafts have more to do with the position the Hawks are in than anything. They have not been able to find those cheap contracts for exceptional players for far to long. Also i would look at getting some better scouts because it's obvious that the group they have are sub par at best. Either that or JS and PC are not listening to their scouts.
I fully expect a trade back but you're right, take the guy they targeted or BPA. They have to get a least three kids that can come in and contribute immediately.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad truth is this is not the last year where we are missing draft capital. It is the worst but not the last. I fully expect 2022 picks to be used to get 2021 picks meaning we could see them trade away a 4th for a 5th or 6th this year. Basically making 2022 draft even worse than it is, then 2023 we might get back to normal... 2023 my god. :L

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad truth is this is not the last year where we are missing draft capital. It is the worst but not the last. I fully expect 2022 picks to be used to get 2021 picks meaning we could see them trade away a 4th for a 5th or 6th this year. Basically making 2022 draft even worse than it is, then 2023 we might get back to normal... 2023 my god. :L
I hope they don't use future picks. Take the 2nd rounder trade back. If they get an early third out of that trade back then trade that back. Not ideal but the FO doesn't have a choice and hope they can hit in the middle of the draft.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Pass rush?

We need to address this at some point. Now with Dunlap gone

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Pass rush?

We need to address this at some point. Now with Dunlap gone

Yes they do and I think that will be addressed more so by the post June first cuts sadly. There will be a lot of big names cut this year so there might be a shot to nab someone pretty good but older. .... Band-aid fix. Like I stated before this is all starting to feel like TR all over again.

TR would trade for or sign someone and let them walk a year later or they would get cut, this is starting to happen again.

How to cripple/destroy a franchise in 3 easy steps -Author Tim Ruskell

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they do and I think that will be addressed more so by the post June first cuts sadly. There will be a lot of big names cut this year so there might be a shot to nab someone pretty good but older. .... Band-aid fix. Like I stated before this is all starting to feel like TR all over again.

TR would trade for or sign someone and let them walk a year later or they would get cut, this is starting to happen again.

How to cripple/destroy a franchise in 3 easy steps -Author Tim Ruskell
I don’t see JS=TR.
TRs ineptitude cost us Hutch and JS seems like more of a gambler. Both made mistakes but JS has hit on more good choices than TR.
Certainly, the current HC/GM like each other and are wildly more successful than the MH/TR combo.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t see JS=TR.
TRs ineptitude cost us Hutch and JS seems like more of a gambler. Both made mistakes but JS has hit on more good choices than TR.
Certainly, the current HC/GM like each other and are wildly more successful than the MH/TR combo.

JS was nothing like TR but the last few years if you ignore what he did before... yeah it looks very close. Bring in Star players that don't become stars for you and leave with no return of any capital after trading draft capital for them. Not having Draft picks because you traded it for star plays you don't resign or picks in a earlier draft because you didn't have that many. This is a spiral and the one thing I don't want to see in this coming draft is more 2022 draft capital being spent. We all ready don't have a 1st in 2022 don't need to remove any more picks. No 1st,3rd,6th and 7th rounders in 2021 and no 1st in 2022, lets hope we don't leave the 2021 draft with less than what we have right now for 2022. I would like to see more picks in 2022 after the 2021 draft to be honest.

They just got to get back to what works and not go for the band-aids.

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here lets let some other people answer this question that are unbias. The question was

Is Adams worth the price the Seahawks paid?

[Mike Clay, fantasy writer]
: No. Trading away a pair of first-round picks means you intend to sign Adams to a pricey, long-term extension. Though Adams is worth the hefty salary, that’s a) cap space that can’t be used on other positions, and b) a loss of a pair of first-round talents on reasonably-priced, four-plus-year rookie contracts. The opportunity cost is simply too high.

[Aaron Schatz, editor of Football Outsiders]: No. This is the same problem as the Khalil Mack trade. You’re essentially trading a bunch of draft value (future cost-controlled talent) so that you can give a player a market-level extension. If you give Adams the highest contract for a safety, and he plays like the league’s best safety, you still aren’t getting a discount. You’re getting what you paid for. And if he doesn’t play that well, you’re overpaying. And if you aren’t giving him an extension, why is he trying to get out of New York in the first place?

Now remember Adams wants to be the highest paid Safety in the game that means his resigning cost is right now at over 15 mill a year. We will see what some of the best FA Safeties this year get and his price might go up. If the Hawks don't resign him then HELL NO it wasn't worth the picks not even remotely close.

Wish it was closer to the 15 to 16 I thought it was going to be.

Last edited: