• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So let's say Wisconsin wins the Big 10 Championship

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably 100 but unlike other teams. OSU hasn't defeated USC since before I was born :dhd: They are one of few teams that hold the head to head record over OSU and Michigan. And they are one of the best teams in the nation now.

SC against OSU/Michigan would be a good game

SC against Ohio State/meeeechegan would be a good game? Well you just contradicted yourself. Part of your # 564 comment: "And for fwiw SC would blow the doors off of OSU." See what you did there? Now even Clay Aiken is confused!:D

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a win Saturday, sure.

My point was that I see numerous posters who seem to discredit PSU's win over Ohio State due to how that game played out, while failing to mention any number of similar scenarios that don't benefit their storyline. The B1G is just a mess with the way things played out, but very strong.

Meanwhile, we have teams like Washington who played nobody OOC and benefited from a very down Pac12, losing convincingly to USC at home as 9 point favorites, who are practically a lock for the playoff with a CCG win.

I am discrediting Penn St. People want to discredit Ohio St in the Michigan game, so those are comparable. All I am doing is comparing in a way. The point I having been making, is that Penn St shouldn't get in because their resume and body of work isn't as strong and they have two bad losses (this is if they win the B1G CCG).

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By that logic then wouldn't it mean that both Utah & Stanford at better than USC since they beat the Trojans?
Browne started vs Stanford and Utah was Darnolds first game. They were FLUKE games :rant: :dhd:

Thats the thin SC finished ahead of both in the PAC. OSU did not finish above Penn State. If the roles were reversed and the PAC played out like the BIG X. I wouldn't be saying USC deserved a play off spot over a Stanford or Utah .Playing in a CCG

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The PAC and BIG X have been running neck and neck with teams in the top 10 all year :dhd: And fwiw SC would blow the doors off OSU.Not many teams want to play SC right now

:L Just stop

You are beginning to sound like an idiot now

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. 6 teams with winning records, and exactly 0 good OOC wins among them.
What's a good OOC win?

Maybe if we invited a couple of whipping boys in like Maryland and Rutgers, we could boost some records....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep reading that the point is we are to select the very best 4 teams.

That we should ignore or devalue H2H Wins, Division Winners, Conference Champions and CCG Winners.

Okay, then too we should ignore or devalue Overall records too?

I mean if we are to just select the 4 best teams, then here you go!

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Michigan
4. USC

Michigan lost to Iowa...so we are just going to erase that game or what? lol

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably 100 but unlike other teams. OSU hasn't defeated USC since before I was born :dhd: They are one of few teams that hold the head to head record over OSU and Michigan. And they are one of the best teams in the nation now.

SC against OSU/Michigan would be a good game

USC hasn't been good in a decade or more and we haven't played since Tressel coached. If you guys could put a season together once in a while maybe we'd play more often.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browne started vs Stanford and Utah was Darnolds first game. They were FLUKE games :rant: :dhd:

Thats the thin SC finished ahead of both in the PAC. OSU did not finish above Penn State. If the roles were reversed and the PAC played out like the BIG X. I wouldn't be saying USC deserved a play off spot over a Stanford or Utah .Playing in a CCG

Who has the better SoS...Ohio State or Penn State? Doesn't the committee also factor that in? And like I've said before if the Buckeyes get into the Playoffs great. If they don't it won't diminish the season for me @ all. They actually exceed all expectations I had for them after what they lost from last year. At the very least they'll still get an invite to a big time bowl game I would think.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's a good OOC win?

Maybe if we invited a couple of whipping boys in like Maryland and Rutgers, we could boost some records....

You do. You have half the conference to beat up on :dhd:

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's a good OOC win?

Washington literally did invite Rutgers to play to boost their record this year...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the guy who thinks OSU has more of a case for the play offs than Washington :L Washington is the better team and more talented team.

First off, I said UW should make the playoff despite playing in a weak conference and secondly I have been debating Penn St and Ohio St. Wake up.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC hasn't been good in a decade or more and we haven't played since Tressel coached. If you guys could put a season together once in a while maybe we'd play more often.
The home and homes weren't that long ago. I agree tho they should play in the Rose this year