• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So let's say Wisconsin wins the Big 10 Championship

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you do fail to mention Wisconsin barely beat Georgia State :dhd: Iowa, Nebraska and struggled against Minnesota. Ohh and Penn St barely beat Temple and Minnesota and only have one legit win.

At least Wisconsin played one of the toughest schedules in the nation. You could make a case for Wisconsin as a top 4 team no doubts about it
I didn't watch that game. Im sure it had something to do with a blocked field goal. A bad call on 4th and 1. Or some other form of fluke play.......... It's funny how everything is different when you can make the same case the other way. But it doesn't change two facts. Penn State beat Ohio State. And Wisconsin and Penn State are playing for the conference championship.

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you do fail to mention Wisconsin barely beat Georgia State :dhd: Iowa, Nebraska and struggled against Minnesota. Ohh and Penn St barely beat Temple and Minnesota and only have one legit win.

At least Wisconsin played one of the toughest schedules in the nation. You could make a case for Wisconsin as a top 4 team no doubts about it

With a win Saturday, sure.

My point was that I see numerous posters who seem to discredit PSU's win over Ohio State due to how that game played out, while failing to mention any number of similar scenarios that don't benefit their storyline. The B1G is just a mess with the way things played out, but very strong.

Meanwhile, we have teams like Washington who played nobody OOC and benefited from a very down Pac12, losing convincingly to USC at home as 9 point favorites, who are practically a lock for the playoff with a CCG win.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My point was that I see numerous posters who seem to discredit PSU's win over Ohio State due to how that game played out, while failing to mention any number of similar scenarios that don't benefit their storyline. The B1G is just a mess with the way things played out, but very strong.

Meanwhile, we have teams like Washington who played nobody OOC and benefited from a very down Pac12, losing convincingly to USC at home as 9 point favorites, who are practically a lock for the playoff with a CCG win.
The PAC is very down???

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The PAC and BIG X have been running neck and neck with teams in the top 10 all year :dhd: And fwiw SC would blow the doors off OSU.Not many teams want to play SC right now

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if Penn State wins they will have a 9-1 conference record. To Ohio States 8-1 conference record. As well as a conference championship and a head to head victory :noidea:

Not trying to take anything away from Penn State, but they didn't play Wisconsin and Northwestern in the regular conf season. There's a reason why our SOS ranks higher than theirs.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep reading that the point is we are to select the very best 4 teams.

That we should ignore or devalue H2H Wins, Division Winners, Conference Champions and CCG Winners.

Okay, then too we should ignore or devalue Overall records too?

I mean if we are to just select the 4 best teams, then here you go!

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Michigan
4. USC

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The PAC and BIG X have been running neck and neck with teams in the top 10 all year :dhd: And fwiw SC would blow the doors off OSU.Not many teams want to play SC right now

How many times have heard that crap? UGA used to do the same thing.. they'd go kick the shit out of Hawaii and make everyone think they're world beaters.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to take anything away from Penn State, but they didn't play Wisconsin and Northwestern in the regular conf season. There's a reason why our SOS ranks higher than theirs.
They play Wisconsin in the CCG. Which holds more value than a regular season meeting imo. I'm not trying to take away from OSU. I'm just basing my opinion off facts. PSU does have the win over OSU. And did win the division. I don't see any reason PSU isn't the better team. When it was determined on the field and in the division.

Gopherfan84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If people want to disqualify Penn St. from contention because they lost to Pitt, then they would also have to disqualify Clemson for losing to the same Pitt team. Under the same logic, Ohio St. should have also been disqualified in 2014 for losing to an even worse Virginia Tech team but they weren't.

To do a little speculating, the committee may look at Ohio St.'s not playing in the CCG as an unofficial 2nd loss when comparing resumes.

For the record, I don't have a dog in this fight. I can't stand any of the B1G teams in the conversation. I'm trying to look at the situation as objectively as I can.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That we should ignore or devalue H2H Wins, Division Winners, Conference Champions and CCG Winners.

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Michigan
4. USC
Might as well dump Clemson and throw Colorado in there.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might as well dump Clemson and throw Colorado in there.
On second thought, get rid of Colorado and put North Dakota St in there

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They play Wisconsin in the CCG. Which holds more value than a regular season meeting imo. I'm not trying to take away from OSU. I'm just basing my opinion off facts. PSU does have the win over OSU. And did win the division. I don't see any reason PSU isn't the better team. When it was determined on the field and in the division.

By that logic then wouldn't it mean that both Utah & Stanford at better than USC since they beat the Trojans?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times have heard that crap? UGA used to do the same thing.. they'd go kick the shit out of Hawaii and make everyone think they're world beaters.
Probably 100 but unlike other teams. OSU hasn't defeated USC since before I was born :dhd: They are one of few teams that hold the head to head record over OSU and Michigan. And they are one of the best teams in the nation now.

SC against OSU/Michigan would be a good game

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Michigan
4. USC

4 bestest teams? I'm going w/ Rutgers, Oregon, Missouri & Kansas.:yes:

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So what I'm getting from a large number of people on 'the hoop' is that pre-regular season games are basically meaningless... winning your conf is all that matters and SOS means nothing. Clemson lost to Pitt, so Pitt's in.. settled on the field as you said.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch that game. Im sure it had something to do with a blocked field goal. A bad call on 4th and 1. Or some other form of fluke play.......... It's funny how everything is different when you can make the same case the other way. But it doesn't change two facts. Penn State beat Ohio State. And Wisconsin and Penn State are playing for the conference championship.

I never said a blocked FG was fluke but you do know they have blocked punt too. Ohh you didn't watch the game. Sorry but a questionable call (which shows a 1st down) isn't a fluke play. It's a decision and from the views I saw it looked like a good call. There was a reason the refs didn't declare it a bad call after the game like they normally would.