• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So let's say Wisconsin wins the Big 10 Championship

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. Beating the 4th best team in the conference on a neutral site means little. OSU already did that in Madison, PSU doing it in Indy is less impressive.

It's too bad michigan's mediocre loss came in conference while PSU's came out of conference. The nation deserves to see both OSU and michigan play in the playoffs, as they're both more deserving than PSU. That's what happens when one division is more stacked than the other, I guess.
PSU's only OOC loss was to the same Pitt team that beat Clemson. And if they win the CCG they will have the same win total as OSU. Another victory over a high ranked opponent. A conference championship. As well as a head to head win over OSU. PSU would be the better team

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PSU's only OOC loss was to the same Pitt team that beat Clemson. And if they win the CCG they will have the same win total as OSU. Another victory over a high ranked opponent. A conference championship. As well as a head to head win over OSU. PSU would be the better team
Nope. More losses, worse winning percentage against an easier schedule with nowhere remotely close to as good of stats. Ohio State is unquestionably the better team when you don't just throw away 11 games and 56 minutes of both teams' seasons, as you are.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that being ranked 2nd or 5th is better than being ranked 8th, don't you?
Finally :yes:There is also a difference between being ranked 1st in your conference and.............not being the conference championship. I'll leave you to looking for more loopholes and claiming flukes tho :suds:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally :yes:There is also a difference between being ranked 1st in your conference and.............not being the conference championship. I'll leave you to looking for more loopholes and claiming flukes tho :suds:
That's great for PSU. I hope they enjoy playing for the 3rd place trophy in the B1G. We're talking about the playoffs, though. OSU is clearly the better team, which is why they're ranked 2nd while PSU is 8th. They'll be in, and PSU is going to need an extremely impressive win in order to get in.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's great for PSU. I hope they enjoy playing for the 3rd place trophy in the B1G. We're talking about the playoffs, though. OSU is clearly the better team, which is why they're ranked 2nd while PSU is 8th. They'll be in, and PSU is going to need an extremely impressive win in order to get in.
You put OSU and Michigan in over Washington thats all I need to know :L :laugh3:

the blank team stats were an easy read :L

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You put OSU and Michigan in over Washington thats all I need to know :L :laugh3:

the blank team stats were an easy read :L
I didn't look up a single team in that thread. That's all you need to know - no team identity, just the stats. OSU and michigan are both deserving.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're exactly right, it's very easy to see that Ohio State and michigan belong on the playoff.
It was easy to see y'all love trying to skew stats. And don't look at the whole picture. That didnt even include oklahoma :L or the head to head loss to team 8 :dhd: Stretching for loopholes and trying to back in the play offs is fun

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was easy to see y'all love trying to skew stats. And don't look at the whole picture. That didnt even include oklahoma :L or the head to head loss to team 8 :dhd: Stretching for loopholes and trying to back in the play offs is fun
Haven't skewed a single thing all night, amigo. In fact, you're the one who has flat out ignored stats the entire night - as in, OSU has elite stats offensively and defensively while PSU has merely good stats offensively and defensively, and against a much easier schedule. I notice you continue to sidestep those facts... the sign of a defeated man.

Goodnight! Enjoy watching THE Ohio State Buckeyes in the playoffs this year! :suds:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't skewed a single thing all night, amigo. In fact, you're the one who has flat out ignored stats the entire night - as in, OSU has elite stats offensively and defensively while PSU has merely good stats offensively and defensively, and against a much easier schedule. I notice you continue to sidestep those facts... the sign of a defeated man.

Goodnight! Enjoy watching THE Ohio State Buckeyes in the playoffs this year! :suds:
Yes the panic is definitely palpable. Enjoy watching the CCG night :suds:

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure either, but I totally agree with the sentiment that's been mentioned on this thread prior, if the CCG's don't count for anything than why are Conferences playing them?

IMO the consensus is tOSU had a better chance of making the final four by ducking the CCG than playing in it, and that's not right.

That should never be right.

WIN YOUR DIVISION and let the chips fall where they may!

How in the world did anyone come to that conclusion?? :scratch:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is kinda the point we have been making. Sometimes upsets happen, Pitt was the better team that day but I don't think anyone thinks Pitt is better than Clemson. You know Penn St lost to the 7th best team in the ACC, just pointing that out. That isn't a very good loss and since they also have a another blowout loss, that is hard to comeback from when you don't have the strongest resume. These are some of the things the committee will look at.

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is kinda the point we have been making. Sometimes upsets happen, Pitt was the better team that day but I don't think anyone thinks Pitt is better than Clemson. You know Penn St lost to the 7th best team in the ACC, just pointing that out. That isn't a very good loss and since they also have a another blowout loss, that is hard to comeback from when you don't have the strongest resume. These are some of the things the committee will look at.

Perhaps the committee will also consider the fact that both of Ohio State's best wins were toss-ups and may not have even gone into overtime if not for fortunate, late calls against their opponents.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps the committee will also consider the fact that both of Ohio State's best wins were toss-ups and may not have even gone into overtime if not for fortunate, late calls against their opponents.

The problem with your statement is that Ohio St has 3 top 10 wins and if we are going by at the time of the game 4 top 10 wins. A lone loss that was close and a great resume is better than a 2 bad losses and a good resume. When you have a tough schedule games will be close unless you are absolutely dominating the competition, sorry they can't win them all.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True true Wisconsin barely lost to OSU. And the badgers didnt struggle against Northwestern or Michigan State.And they won their division

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lame:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Perhaps the committee will also consider that Ohio State has 3 wins over top 10 teams & 4 total wins versus top 25 opponents.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True true Wisconsin barely lost to OSU. And the badgers didnt struggle against Northwestern or Michigan State.And they won their division

But you do fail to mention Wisconsin barely beat Georgia State :dhd: Iowa, Nebraska and struggled against Minnesota. Ohh and Penn St barely beat Temple and Minnesota and only have one legit win.

At least Wisconsin played one of the toughest schedules in the nation. You could make a case for Wisconsin as a top 4 team no doubts about it