• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So let's say Wisconsin wins the Big 10 Championship

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True true the blocked field goal was black and white. A legit play. The forth down call was much more debatable.......
a 4th down play resulting in a very close call is much more common than a blocked FG for a TD. And again, OSU dominated PSU in every other aspect, while also outgaining michigan and earning more 1st downs.... that difference I mentioned that you keep failing to grasp.

Kudos to PSU for a good season. They have a lot to be proud of. Unfortunately upsets happen and for the second time in 2 years, michigan's choke job in another game costs OSU a spot in the CCG. However, at least this year we'll be in the playoff where we belong.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a 4th down play resulting in a very close call is much more common than a blocked FG for a TD. And again, OSU dominated PSU in every other aspect, while also outgaining michigan and earning more 1st downs.... that difference I mentioned that you keep failing to grasp.

Kudos to PSU for a good season. They have a lot to be proud of. Unfortunately upsets happen and for the second time in 2 years, michigan's choke job in another game costs OSU a spot in the CCG. However, at least this year we'll be in the playoff where we belong.
OSU beat michigan because of a fluke play. They didn't play a full game got it.I'll count that against OSU's resume :thumb:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU beat michigan because of a fluke play. They didn't play a full game got it.I'll count that against OSU's resume :thumb:
Nah, they won on a play after Barrett got the first down - when Samuel scored a TD. You must've missed that game, too.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, they won on a play after Barrett got the first down - when Samuel scored a TD. You must've missed that game, too.
So you're saying Penn State beat Ohio State.After their defense forced Ohio State.To turn the ball over on downs. Got it I'll add that to Penn States resume :thumb:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying Penn State beat Ohio State.After their defense forced Ohio State.To turn the ball over on downs. Got it I'll add that to Penn States resume :thumb:
You'd better. Compared to Ohio State, they need all they can get.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet they're still not as good of a team. At least if you're actually objectively looking at the whole season.

I'm not the one claiming OSU lost a game due to a fluke play. I just showed you that can go both ways. Winning your division and conference speaks volumes.In regards to the season as a whole. I have no reason to be biased the only influence it could possibly have towards SC. Would potentially be the Rose. And we know how that goes OSU doesn't worry me

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not the one claiming OSU lost a game due to a fluke play. I just showed you that can go both ways. Winning your division and conference speaks volumes.In regards to the season as a whole. I have no reason to be biased the only influence it could possibly have towards SC. Would potentially be the Rose. And we know how that goes OSU doesn't worry me
"Winning" your division

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you "win" your division while being the 3rd best team in it, this is when the CCG loses it's importance.
And thats where the CCG comes in. Penn State has the head to head win with OSU. With the extra win and the Conference championship. It would push them over.And they would have earned the spot in the play offs.

Unlike OSU USC has the tie breaker over Colorado as well as the only win over the PAC 12 champion. Which could boost them to 2nd. Theres a big difference between the play offs and Rose. But now you finally see why PSU deserves a play off spot if they win

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you "win" your division while being the 3rd best team in it, this is when the CCG loses it's importance.
How can a team win their division and go a CCG and still be the 3rd best team in their division? You do realize that Penn State, Ohio State and Michigan were all 5-1 in their conference, don't you?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And thats where the CCG comes in. Penn State has the head to head win with OSU. With the extra win and the Conference championship. It would push them over.And they would have earned the spot in the play offs.

Unlike OSU USC has the tie breaker over Colorado as well as the only win over the PAC 12 champion. Which could boost them to 2nd. Theres a big difference between the play offs and Rose. But now you finally see why PSU deserves a play off spot if they win
Nah. Beating the 4th best team in the conference on a neutral site means little. OSU already did that in Madison, PSU doing it in Indy is less impressive.

It's too bad michigan's mediocre loss came in conference while PSU's came out of conference. The nation deserves to see both OSU and michigan play in the playoffs, as they're both more deserving than PSU. That's what happens when one division is more stacked than the other, I guess.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that Penn State, Ohio State and Michigan were all 5-1 in their division, don't you?
You do realize that being ranked 2nd or 5th is better than being ranked 8th, don't you?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can a team win their division and go a CCG and still be the 3rd best team in their division?
They can't you can only jump spots in conferences.. If you have the head to head victories over the team that loses the CCG. And the conference winner makes the play offs.