• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So let's say Wisconsin wins the Big 10 Championship

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were better than Ohio State for 4 minutes. OSU was the better team on the field in every single other aspect. They dominated PSU. Everyone knows this. OSU is clearly the better team between the 2, otherwise they wouldn't be 2nd while PSU is at 8th.
If you say so i watched the entire game. And at the end of the entire game it was Penn State that notched the W

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't even know the play I'm talking about. There was nothing even remotely close in the OSU-michigan game.
Fair enough, if you don't think there were any "absurd plays" in the Ohio State and Michigan game, then so be it.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok lets go SEC...you made me do it. LSU beat Bama and then Bama got a second chance and they crushed them. BUT. LSU is the better team??? No. they were that day even though they got outplayed. A close victory at home with 2 WEEKS TO PREPARE does not make them a better team and most importantly A TOP 4 TEAM LOL That makes the better team that day. So you are just going to look at one game and not the rest of the season? Sorry that is now this process works. Now that gives them one advantage but you have other factors in determining who the BEST FOUR TEAMS are.
100% spot on.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you say so i watched the entire game. And at the end of the entire game it was Penn State that notched the W
You didn't watch the entire game. Nobody that watched the entire game thinks PSU is better based on 4 minutes. That's illogical.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all I have to say. We will see what the committe thinks. Either way Penn St had a unexpected, great season and I am proud of this very young Ohio State team that also had a great season and exceeded their goals.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, if you don't think there were any "absurd plays" in the Ohio State and Michigan game, then so be it.
Define absurd, and then go look at the play I'm talking about and you'll understand.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok lets go SEC...you made me do it. LSU beat Bama and then Bama got a second chance and they crushed them. BUT. LSU is the better team??? No. they were that day even though they got outplayed. A close victory at home with 2 WEEKS TO PREPARE does not make them a better team and most importantly A TOP 4 TEAM LOL That makes the better team that day. So you are just going to look at one game and not the rest of the season? Sorry that is now this process works. Now that gives them one advantage but you have other factors in determining who the BEST FOUR TEAMS are.
Alabama is playing for a conference championship :yawn:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't watch the entire game. Nobody that watched the entire game thinks PSU is better based on 4 minutes. That's illogical.
I watched it. You make excuses and say the game was determined by 4 minutes. Or one play etc... Or we can say Ohio State lost to Michigan due to a series or one play.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched it. You make excuses and say the game was determined by 4 minutes. Or one play etc... Or we can say Ohio State lost to Michigan due to a series or one play.
And I would easily point out that OSU outgained michigan and had more first downs. Against PSU, Ohio State dominated everything but the score. That's the main difference that you keep misunderstanding.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Define absurd, and then go look at the play I'm talking about and you'll understand.
Absurd: "wildly unreasonable, illogical, or inappropriate". Why would I go back to last season and look at a football play? I don't care about last year, my focus is on this year's playoffs.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absurd: "wildly unreasonable, illogical, or inappropriate". Why would I go back to last season and look at a football play? I don't care about last year, my focus is on this year's playoffs.
Because that's the topic of conversation.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, what play in the OSU-michigan game was "wildly unreasonable, illogical or inappropriate"?

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because that's the topic of conversation.
No last season is not "the topic of conversation". We were/are not talking about last season, we are talking about this season and this seasons college football playoffs.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No last season is not "the topic of conversation". We were/are not talking about last season, we are talking about this season and this seasons college football playoffs.
You use quotation marks a lot. I keep imagining you typing them out after doing air quotes.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, what play in the OSU-michigan game was "wildly unreasonable, illogical or inappropriate"?
Well the third down play that set up Ohio State's 4th down play. There is no way that he should have gotten that many yards on third down. Nevertheless we are getting away from the "the topic of conversation".

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I would easily point out that OSU outgained michigan and had more first downs. Against PSU, Ohio State dominated everything but the score. That's the main difference that you keep misunderstanding.
Last I checked yardage and points are two different entities. I'll make it simple. My team isn't even in the mix. Im just stating facts from an unbiased stand point. To say Ohio State lost to Penn State due to a "fluke play".Is no different than saying Michigan lost to Ohio State due to a "fluke play". To say Ohio State is a better team than Penn State. Who defeated Ohio State on the field. And won the division they both play in is asinine. I understand you want to see your team in the play offs. Everyone wants to see their team in the play offs. But you are not giving a legitimate reason for them to be there. Nor do I see a legitimate reason. Maybe we can give Penn State a little credit. They have had an amazing season and they deserve it

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You use quotation marks a lot. I keep imagining you typing them out after doing air quotes.
What the fuck are you talking about. Why are you so concerned with how many "quotation marks" I use? Stay on the "the topic of conversation". Maybe you ran out of things to say?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I checked yardage and points are two different entities. I'll make it simple. My team isn't even in the mix. Im just stating facts from an unbiased stand point. To say Ohio State lost to Penn State due to a "fluke play".Is no different than saying Michigan lost to Ohio State due to a "fluke play". To say Ohio State is a better team than Penn State. Who defeated Ohio State on the field. And won the division they both play in is asinine. I understand you want to see your team in the play offs. Everyone wants to see their team in the play offs. But you are not giving a legitimate reason for them to be there. Nor do I see a legitimate reason. Maybe we can give Penn State a little credit. They have had an amazing season and they deserve it
It absolutely is different. They returned a blocked FG for a TD. That is one of the absolute flukiest plays in all of football, and it came against a kicker who hadn't missed a single kick all year. PSU was dominated thoroughly and won on one of the flukiest plays in all of football.

Yes, Ohio State is better than Penn State. 4 minutes of one game doesn't just erase what happened in the other 11 games and 56 minutes of the season. OSU has a better record against a tougher schedule and has been significantly better in doing so. Upsets happen - that's all PSU's win was. You are ignoring every single thing and only looking at the result of one of the flukiest plays in football and using that one play to dictate the worth of two teams for an entire season. That is just ignorant.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It absolutely is different. They returned a blocked FG for a TD. That is one of the absolute flukiest plays in all of football, and it came against a kicker who hadn't missed a single kick all year. PSU was dominated thoroughly and won on one of the flukiest plays in all of football.

Yes, Ohio State is better than Penn State. 4 minutes of one game doesn't just erase what happened in the other 11 games and 56 minutes of the season. OSU has a better record against a tougher schedule and has been significantly better in doing so. Upsets happen - that's all PSU's win was. You are ignoring every single thing and only looking at the result of one of the flukiest plays in football and using that one play to dictate the worth of two teams for an entire season. That is just ignorant.
True true the blocked field goal was black and white. A legit play. The forth down call was much more debatable.......