• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So let's say Wisconsin wins the Big 10 Championship

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never discredited them they had a great year but you arent one of the best four teams when you lose to an average team, get blown out by a similiar opponent and you have ONE top 25 win. ONE. That isnt a good resume and not enough to overtake a very close that could have went either way. This would be a totally different conversation if Penn At was in complete control of that Ohio St game and they blew them out. That isnt the case.
A win is a win.Unless you're playing an FCS team a blowout is moot. I don't see any valid argument that PSU is not the better team. I see a team that beat OSU head to head and won the division. If they beat Wisconsin I think they have the better resume in comparison with OSU.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just put it this way - if you flipped OSU and PSU's seasons around, with PSU having OSU's stats, OSU's resume, and only had a close loss at night in the Shoe with OSU coming off a bye winning on a flukey play while OSU lost to an unranked Pitt team and got smoked by michigan, I would absolutely be saying PSU belongs in the playoff and OSU would need a ton of luck to get in.
Why are you using the word "IF"? Hell "IF" my Aunt had balls, she would be my Uncle.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it's a nearly identical situation involving two elite teams in the same playoff system model.
Last year is "totally" different than this year. You can't compare one college football season to another.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it's a nearly identical situation involving two elite teams in the same playoff system model.
Name one team that played in last years play offs. Or the first play offs for that matter.That did not win a conference championship.Its not the same if anything its more comparable. To the Alabama/LSU rematch disaster. Which iplayed a big role in why we have a play off system.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you using the word "IF"? Hell "IF" my Aunt had balls, she would be my Uncle.
Because you use the word "if" when you're explaining your opinions...? Damn, you really are old.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year is "totally" different than this year. You can't compare one college football season to another.
Not even close to the same scenario. We're talking the difference between conference champions that made the play offs. And a team trying to get in from the outside

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name one team that played in last years play offs. Or the first play offs for that matter.That did not win a conference championship.Its not the same if anything its more comparable. To the Alabama/LSU rematch disaster. Which iplayed a big role in why we have a play off system.
Please read my original post. It's very clearly explained. Bama literally only made their CCG last year because of an absurd play that happened in another game.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is this - Ohio State is a top 4 team, that's not debatable. They have the best resume of any team in the nation, and no games this weekend will change that. They'll make the playoffs, as they should.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares about "last year"? We are talking about the 2016 college playoffs.
A win is a win.Unless you're playing an FCS team a blowout is moot. I don't see any valid argument that PSU is not the better team. I see a team that beat OSU head to head and won the division. If they beat Wisconsin I think they have the better resume in comparison with OSU.

They wouldnt have a better resume. They have beaten Nebraska a ranked team and a top 10 Oklahoma team AND. They beat Michigan, again Penn St lost by 39.

The resume isnt close like AT ALL lol...that's what y'all arent getting.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please read my original post. It's very clearly explained. Bama literally only made their CCG last year because of an absurd play that happened in another game.
I can reread it. But the first two years of the play offs. Are not comparable to this year. For the reasons i stated. There is a big difference between debating the resumes of conference champions. And finding a legitimate reason to put a team on the outside in.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is this - Ohio State is a top 4 team, that's not debatable. They have the best resume of any team in the nation, and no games this weekend will change that. They'll make the playoffs, as they should.
Penn State was the better team on the field. Penn State was the better team in the division. And possibly the conference. I kind of expect more out of OSU. This is sounding like but SEC.......

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Absurd play"? You don't think there were any "absurd plays" in this years, Ohio State and Michigan game?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They wouldnt have a better resume. They have beaten Nebraska a ranked team and a top 10 Oklahoma team AND. They beat Michigan, again Penn St lost by 39.

The resume isnt close like AT ALL lol...that's what y'all arent getting.
Penn State beat Ohio State who beat Oklahoma who beat.........

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can reread it. But the first two years of the play offs. Are not comparable to this year. For the reasons i stated. There is a big difference between debating the resumes of conference champions. And finding a legitimate reason to put a team on the outside in.
No there isn't.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Absurd play"? You don't think there were any "absurd plays" in this years, Ohio State and Michigan game?
You don't even know the play I'm talking about. There was nothing even remotely close in the OSU-michigan game.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn State was the better team on the field. Penn State was the better team in the division. And possibly the conference. I kind of expect more out of OSU. This is sounding like but SEC.......
They were better than Ohio State for 4 minutes. OSU was the better team on the field in every single other aspect. They dominated PSU. Everyone knows this. OSU is clearly the better team between the 2, otherwise they wouldn't be 2nd while PSU is at 8th.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok lets go SEC...you made me do it. LSU beat Bama and then Bama got a second chance and they crushed them. BUT. LSU is the better team??? No. they were that day even though they got outplayed. A close victory at home with 2 WEEKS TO PREPARE does not make them a better team and most importantly A TOP 4 TEAM LOL That makes the better team that day. So you are just going to look at one game and not the rest of the season? Sorry that is now this process works. Now that gives them one advantage but you have other factors in determining who the BEST FOUR TEAMS are.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True true Penn State already beat Ohio State anyway. They are the better team no point in debating something. That is recorded as fact in box scores and in the BIG X standings
4 minutes of a home night game coming off of your bye doesn't suddenly negate every other minute of the season. That's very illogical. Ohio State is the better team this season.