• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So if Miami and UNC were eligible who would have won the Coastal?

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since UNC and Miami are ineligible, GT goes to the title game anyway. I thought it was interesting to go through the tiebreaker scenario if UNC and Miami were eligible. Unlike 2008, where we won a three way tie breaker for the coastal, it goes past the first tiebreaker.

The first tiebreaker is the head to head matchup. Since they were all 1-1 against eachother, it would be a wash.

The second tiebreaker is the divisional record. Here, they all won 3 games in the division so its another wash.

The third three way tiebreaker is
"Head-to-head competition vs. the team within the division with the best overall (divisional or conference) record, and proceeding through the division. Multiple ties within the division will be broken first to last."

Not here where I am uncertain of what will happen. The team with the best record is none other than your Virginia Tech Hokies. Since we beat GT and lost to UNC and Miami, this would eliminate GT. If we're then forced to the two way tiebreaker, UNC would win because they beat Miami. However, if we are still in the third step of the three way tiebreaker until we go through the entire division, Miami would win because they beat Duke (the next highest record.)

:noidea:

Last edited by a moderator:

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since UNC and Miami are ineligible, GT goes to the title game anyway. I thought it was interesting to go through the tiebreaker scenario if UNC and Miami were eligible. Unlike 2008, where we won a three way tie breaker for the coastal, it goes past the first tiebreaker.

The first tiebreaker is the head to head matchup. Since they were all 1-1 against eachother, it would be a wash.

The second tiebreaker is the divisional record. Here, they all won 3 games in the division so its another wash.

The third three way tiebreaker is
"Head-to-head competition vs. the team within the division with the best overall (divisional or conference) record, and proceeding through the division. Multiple ties within the division will be broken first to last."

Not here where I am uncertain of what will happen. The team with the best record is none other than your Virginia Tech Hokies. Since we beat GT and lost to UNC and Miami, this would eliminate GT. If we're then forced to the two way tiebreaker, UNC would win because they beat Miami. However, if we are still in the third step of the three way tiebreaker until we go through the entire division, Miami would win because they beat Duke (the next highest record.)

:noidea:

I'm pretty certain UNC would be the Coastal champ if they were not on postseason ban.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unc because the tie breaker would've gone to how the 3 teams did against the best common opponent (maybe best in coastal :noidea: ) because gt lost to vt and unc and Miami won it goes to head-to-head and unc beat Miami.

However, the u is still selling coastal champion t-shirts