• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So I occasionally watch the Hawks

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys (& gals?)...newbie here. I kinda pay attention to the Hawks (live in Buford) so I thought I would chime in.

DH...glad they didn't sign him. Solid player but not going to win a title with him @ C. Once you get past his physical presence, too many holes in his game. No midrange game, not a great passer, can't shoot FTs. Bynum is a bigger risk health wise, but should be much cheaper and probably won't have to do a long term deal. Better OFC

We should have signed Kaman but LA got him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should have signed Kaman but LA got him.

I think Ferry will build a competitive team...the problem in ATL is fans typically want star power and I don't see that happening this season. He inherited a mixed bag of players...did a super job of off loading J. Johnson's contract. Josh & Horford are really the same player...both are best suited to play PF spot.

With Josh now gone, I think he can start the rebuild in earnest...the Teague for Jennings deal I hope goes through.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ferry will build a competitive team...the problem in ATL is fans typically want star power and I don't see that happening this season. He inherited a mixed bag of players...did a super job of off loading J. Johnson's contract. Josh & Horford are really the same player...both are best suited to play PF spot.

With Josh now gone, I think he can start the rebuild in earnest...the Teague for Jennings deal I hope goes through.

Yeah, Jennings is better than Teague. But how much better?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Jennings is better than Teague. But how much better?

Good question...idk to be honest. Teague has improved every year he's been here. I think Jennings is assertive than Teague and imo a better 4Q player. Teague can be handling his man at will, but doesn't continue to force the issue until the defense adjusts...he kind of stops on his own it seems.

You don't really want a shoot 1st PG, but I look at the way Tony Parker plays...he constantly puts pressure on the DEF...not always shooting the ball, but creating off his penetration as well.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we get atleast Teague or Jennings now...Jeff looks to be gone for sure.
Although it would be cool to have a rookie like Schroder starting

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Hawks are going to let Teague get away.

We'd better get Ellis or at least Jennings. We need at least one of them badly to fill the gap left by Teague at Guard. I like Ellis but I wouldn't be surprised if he goes elsewhere because the Hawks are too cheap.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they matched for Teague, which is not the worse thing. I think the focus will shift away from Ellis now...gotta get a big in here somehow.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got Millsap. How good or bad is he? Can't be as good as Josh was.