• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So how do y'all feel about the OC hire?

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me now! :suspicious:

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do it.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be shy, I'm not gonna bite.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should feel good about the hire.

-Best buds with Tom Brady. Brady STILL works with Loeffler during the off season on mechanics.
-Called the offense in the 2010 Sugar Bowl for Florida. Go youtube that and watch some clips.
-Called a "football nerd" and "passing guru" by those in the NFL
-Brantley's dad called Loeffler an "upgrade" from Dan Mullen.
-Many think Muschamp should have retained Loeffler at UF as OC.
-Effective recruiter without having to "negative" recruit
-Michigan fans wanted Loeffler hired as OC, not Borges
-Players he has coached absolutely LOVE him
-Lloyd Carr: "Talk to any quarterback Scot's ever coached,” said Carr on Wednesday. “They'll all say the same thing: His meetings are unbelievable. You're gonna learn the game and he makes it fun. His expectations are high. But they're not unrealistic. "

Auburn’s new offensive coordinator Scot Loeffler has coached six NFL quarterbacks and still maintains a working relationship with seven-time Pro Bowl quarterback Tom Brady, who will play in his fifth Super Bowl with the New England Patriots in two weeks.

In his two years as Florida’s quarterback coach from 2009-10, GatorBait.net senior writer Franz Beard got a firsthand look at Loeffler, who goes by the nickname Lefty, as a coach, recruiter and person.

“Lefty is a calm guy, He’s not a very vocal guy but very patient. He’s a terrific guy as far as working with fundamentals -- footwork, where the hands go, where arm goes,” Beard said. “He knows it so well that his first spring at Florida, I looked over there and there’s Drew Henson, Drew Stanton -- a couple of NFL guys that were there to get their fundamentals worked on in the offseason.

“He works with Tom Brady on fundamentals during the offseason, that’s how much Tom Brady has respect for him. You look at his record, when he was at Michigan, every single quarterback he coached ends up in the NFL so he must be pretty good at what he does.”

Beard said Loeffler is an effective recruiter without having to use negative tactics when meeting 1-on-1 with prospects.

“As a recruiter, he’s a guy that appeals to a kid’s logic. He’s not going to come in there and negative recruit on people,” he said. “He’s going to take the positive that Auburn has to offer and he’s very effective at doing that and making it seem to kids like, ‘Wow, I really would be stupid to go someplace other than where this guy is.’ He’s really extraordinary in doing that. I think it’s one of his strengths.

Loeffler should also be a hit in the interview room according to Beard.

“He’s a very easy-going guy, easy to talk to and very approachable,” he said. “If you ask him a question, he’ll give you a straight answer. That’s one of the things I always liked about him when he was here at Florida. He doesn’t beat around the bush and gives you very straight forward answers.”

He's the guy who recruited Chad Henne and Ryan Mallett to Michigan.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should feel good about the hire.

-Best buds with Tom Brady. Brady STILL works with Loeffler during the off season on mechanics.
-Called the offense in the 2010 Sugar Bowl for Florida. Go youtube that and watch some clips.
-Called a "football nerd" and "passing guru" by those in the NFL
-Brantley's dad called Loeffler an "upgrade" from Dan Mullen.
-Many think Muschamp should have retained Loeffler at UF as OC.
-Effective recruiter without having to "negative" recruit
-Michigan fans wanted Loeffler hired as OC, not Borges
-Players he has coached absolutely LOVE him
-Lloyd Carr: "Talk to any quarterback Scot's ever coached,” said Carr on Wednesday. “They'll all say the same thing: His meetings are unbelievable. You're gonna learn the game and he makes it fun. His expectations are high. But they're not unrealistic. "

Auburn’s new offensive coordinator Scot Loeffler has coached six NFL quarterbacks and still maintains a working relationship with seven-time Pro Bowl quarterback Tom Brady, who will play in his fifth Super Bowl with the New England Patriots in two weeks.

In his two years as Florida’s quarterback coach from 2009-10, GatorBait.net senior writer Franz Beard got a firsthand look at Loeffler, who goes by the nickname Lefty, as a coach, recruiter and person.

“Lefty is a calm guy, He’s not a very vocal guy but very patient. He’s a terrific guy as far as working with fundamentals -- footwork, where the hands go, where arm goes,” Beard said. “He knows it so well that his first spring at Florida, I looked over there and there’s Drew Henson, Drew Stanton -- a couple of NFL guys that were there to get their fundamentals worked on in the offseason.

“He works with Tom Brady on fundamentals during the offseason, that’s how much Tom Brady has respect for him. You look at his record, when he was at Michigan, every single quarterback he coached ends up in the NFL so he must be pretty good at what he does.”

Beard said Loeffler is an effective recruiter without having to use negative tactics when meeting 1-on-1 with prospects.

“As a recruiter, he’s a guy that appeals to a kid’s logic. He’s not going to come in there and negative recruit on people,” he said. “He’s going to take the positive that Auburn has to offer and he’s very effective at doing that and making it seem to kids like, ‘Wow, I really would be stupid to go someplace other than where this guy is.’ He’s really extraordinary in doing that. I think it’s one of his strengths.

Loeffler should also be a hit in the interview room according to Beard.

“He’s a very easy-going guy, easy to talk to and very approachable,” he said. “If you ask him a question, he’ll give you a straight answer. That’s one of the things I always liked about him when he was here at Florida. He doesn’t beat around the bush and gives you very straight forward answers.”

He's the guy who recruited Chad Henne and Ryan Mallett to Michigan.

He's got his job cut out for him in that aspect. :)

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol at these two...

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like champy summed it up for us, lol

also...
OC Scot Loeffler, who worked with Tom Brady at Michigan, heard from the Pro Bowl QB on Sunday night. "It was a great conversation," Loeffler said. "He goes: 'Scot, you've got one of the best jobs in America. Go be yourself. Go be who you are. Go keep being a team guy and you'll help Auburn.' That's all I want to do -- help Auburn."

:cool2:

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad we have a good fullback coming in too......been too long since we've seen the I at Auburn

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually happy about both the OC and DC hires. It's funny that people said Chizik was no good because the Auburn offense was all Malzahn (i'll ignore the d issues because those complaints are valid) but if he is able to hire two good coordinates, then that seems to be what you should want from a HC...

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually happy about both the OC and DC hires. It's funny that people said Chizik was no good because the Auburn offense was all Malzahn (i'll ignore the d issues because those complaints are valid) but if he is able to hire two good coordinates, then that seems to be what you should want from a HC...

That's the biggest part of a HC's job IMO. Compare what happens to coaches when they have good coordinators and when they have bad coordinators (Meyer, for example).

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would be too. More-so about the OC simply because, as a Falcons fan, their D is one of the things that frustrated me at times and you never really know how one of these pro guys will do when it comes down to having what it takes to recruit in the SEC. I guess both of our teams will know within a year or so if they made good hires or not, I know I was about ready for a change on O either way.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be too. More-so about the OC simply because, as a Falcons fan, their D is one of the things that frustrated me at times and you never really know how one of these pro guys will do when it comes down to having what it takes to recruit in the SEC. I guess both of our teams will know within a year or so if they made good hires or not, I know I was about ready for a change on O either way.

Van Gorder was DC at Georgia from 01-04.