• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So, can this team wear Redskins uniforms...

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...if the league lets teams wear legacy uniforms?

If Tennessee can wear Houston Oilers Blue and the Steelers can dress like bumblebees, why not?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won’t be allowed

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Op is a shit stirrer.
Just saying...

“Not much reason to watch the nfl this season anyway,”(S)he say, on the message board, of an nfl team.

Hey, Good talk! Thanks for stopping by!

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first games I watched this season were the playoffs. Still annoyed to see virtue signalling ads in every game. But, they were ignorable like all the other ads.

Saying I'm a Redskins fan tweaks the snowflakes, too.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are often annoyed at things they know are right or true, but cant admit themselves.

meanwhile, is anybody really offended by the caucasian tshirt?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is anybody really offended by the caucasian tshirt?
<raises hand> I am.

Redskins is seen as a slur by those who are offended by the WFT's former name. To achieve the proper equivalence you can't use Caucasians in place of Redskins. But something like say, the Washington Cracka Ass Crackas, could work. Or how bout the Washington White Devils.

Not a lotta slurs to pick from really. Washington Honkies would just sound ridiculous. Washington Rednecks could work, but Jeff Foxworthy fucked that up. If the dude who's wearing the shirt in the pic was Mexican or better yet still, black. We'd have a whole lot more choices.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<< Cracka Ass Cracka and Honkie too or I could use my nickname when my mixed race nephews played football at Suitland and I was one of the few lily white folks on the sideline you can call me White Chocolate. :thumb:

Too be clear I am NOT wearing any soccer name crap the WTF is going with now. If they actually change it to WTF I might where that. Until then I am wearing Redskin gear. :D The potential name change matters to me. I still want to be associated with Indians. I do not see that as a slur. I would like us to be the Warriors and put the lance back on the side of the helmet.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have no loyalty to the DMV .anymore , i have since moved away , my father has passed and my mother is heading toward death as we speak (hopefully she will pull through ) so the hurt i carry from the name change is still there . my fandom for this team will have to be earned as i said earlier when this stuff started . this year was a positive step but i will want to see more .

this team has many off the field issues in the FO , decades of abuse , sexual harassment that the former name didnt have in the past before this ownership team . we have new people in place and so far so good but i need to see a product i can be proud of on and off the field before i fully commit to anything .

also i am not a fan of this press corp .

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Redskins face mask is my "dress mask" for going out to dinner. I was at a nice local place, and our waitress also had one. She got a big tip.

A nearby town where I used to live called their school teams "The Redmen." SJWs made them change it. However, the name came from the red clay by the river, which was the basis of the pottery industry years earlier. Nevertheless, someone was offended, and logic and reason we're discarded.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<< Cracka Ass Cracka and Honkie too or I could use my nickname when my mixed race nephews played football at Suitland and I was one of the few lily white folks on the sideline you can call me White Chocolate. :thumb:

Too be clear I am NOT wearing any soccer name crap the WTF is going with now. If they actually change it to WTF I might where that. Until then I am wearing Redskin gear. :D The potential name change matters to me. I still want to be associated with Indians. I do not see that as a slur. I would like us to be the Warriors and put the lance back on the side of the helmet.

When I was a little kid going to the western movies on Saturdays with my friends I would always pull for the Indians to slaughter the Cowboys when the battle started. Most of the time I would end up being disappointed since the Cowboys had all the guns and all the Indians had were bows and arrows. I guess the moral of this story is you don't bring a knife to a gunfight.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Tennessee can wear Houston Oilers Blue and the Steelers can dress like bumblebees, why not?
Nope

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, because of the use of the word R-E-D-S-K-I-N-S. You know already.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Redskins face mask is my "dress mask" for going out to dinner. I was at a nice local place, and our waitress also had one. She got a big tip.

A nearby town where I used to live called their school teams "The Redmen." SJWs made them change it. However, the name came from the red clay by the river, which was the basis of the pottery industry years earlier. Nevertheless, someone was offended, and logic and reason we're discarded.

Redskins was termed by the American Indian themselves.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was a little kid going to the western movies on Saturdays with my friends I would always pull for the Indians to slaughter the Cowboys when the battle started. Most of the time I would end up being disappointed since the Cowboys had all the guns and all the Indians had were bows and arrows. I guess the moral of this story is you don't bring a knife to a gunfight.
We might be brothers. I always wanted to be an Indian too. They had all the cool gear, feathers, bow and arrow, war paint and ponies. Any old fat guy could sit on a hill and kill way too many buffalo. The Indians did it up close. Teepees were cool back then too. Maybe not so much now. Shit ... forgot tomahawks. I am mids 60s and I would still like to have one.

Mid teens I started to become a lot more socially aware and read books like Who's the Savage and Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee .... etc. I not only learned more about how they were treated hundreds of years ago but how they are still treated poorly today. I was proud of that guy on the side of our helmet. I bunch of Richard heads can call me insensitive or a racist but they don't know shit. :2cents:

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. You name teams after warriors and heroes, the people you admire. Native Americans wear a lot more Redskins gear than Chargers or Steelers. What are the SJWs going after next? Birds of Prey? Watch out, Eagles. It's the Liberty Bells for you. Atlanta Peach Blossoms? Baltimore Poets?