• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So bspn and adam schefter may have messed Broncos draft strategy up.

Broncoballs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So schefter and bspn admitted they were the ones that announced this to draw ratings on draft day.

Yeap, and it may have messed up the draft strategy. Perhaps the Broncos were targeting Justin Fields like all of the reports were saying.

However when that report came out, they perhaps changed things. Turns out bspn wasn't reporting anything new.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So schefter and bspn admitted they were the ones that announced this to draw ratings on draft day.

Yeap, and it may have messed up the draft strategy. Perhaps the Broncos were targeting Justin Fields like all of the reports were saying.

However when that report came out, they perhaps changed things. Turns out bspn wasn't reporting anything new.
If the Broncos let that report change their draft strategy - they are dumb bastards and deserve their fate. Everyone knows you don't give up a bird in the hand for one in the bushes.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ehhhh....... I doubt it had any effect on draft strategy. It seemed to me that while the press was all over the Broncos with every single QB story, Paton's preference was to stay with Lock unless something came up that couldn't be refused. (Like a DeShaun Watson or Rodgers).

Broncoballs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehhhh....... I doubt it had any effect on draft strategy. It seemed to me that while the press was all over the Broncos with every single QB story, Paton's preference was to stay with Lock unless something came up that couldn't be refused. (Like a DeShaun Watson or Rodgers).
I do not believe the Broncos FO or coaching staff have any confidence in Lock. I also think there were plans and it was being reported the Broncos were at the very least interested in a few QBs, including Trey Lance and Justin Fields. I do think they would have targeted a QB as the reports said if the distinct possibility of landing Rodgers didn't heat up.

Now, the way bspn was reporting it, and then all of the other networks and reports from other sources reported this "new" revelation, I do think the Broncos altered their plan. Yes, it would be ridiculous, but there are times when reports and hype INFLUENCE decision making. Happens more often than many of us think.

This new revelation about schefter sitting on this news, and then finding out that it is not even anything new, and he did that on behalf of bspn in order to create hype on draft day, really does diminish the credibility of bspn and schefter. There is more than one reason why I unistalled all of their apps and really do not go to bspn for.......anything.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highly doubtful this changed anything with the Bronco's draft. QBs were still there at 9 and they passed. QB's were there earlier for trade and they passed.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highly doubtful this changed anything with the Bronco's draft. QBs were still there at 9 and they passed. QB's were there earlier for trade and they passed.
If the Broncos passed - was it a completion?

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not believe the Broncos FO or coaching staff have any confidence in Lock. I also think there were plans and it was being reported the Broncos were at the very least interested in a few QBs, including Trey Lance and Justin Fields. I do think they would have targeted a QB as the reports said if the distinct possibility of landing Rodgers didn't heat up.

Now, the way bspn was reporting it, and then all of the other networks and reports from other sources reported this "new" revelation, I do think the Broncos altered their plan. Yes, it would be ridiculous, but there are times when reports and hype INFLUENCE decision making. Happens more often than many of us think.

This new revelation about schefter sitting on this news, and then finding out that it is not even anything new, and he did that on behalf of bspn in order to create hype on draft day, really does diminish the credibility of bspn and schefter. There is more than one reason why I unistalled all of their apps and really do not go to bspn for.......anything.
Sorry..... the evidence just doesn't support this speculation. Any GM who would let something like this seriously alter a draft strategy isn't fit to run a Pop-Warner team. Paton appears to be far more adept at his job than that based on his moves so far.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not believe the Broncos FO or coaching staff have any confidence in Lock.....
I believe that they (FO) believe. He gets some rope to hang himself this year. That’s the way I’m reading the Dove Valley tea leaves.

Reactions: LGM

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course the Broncos were interested in the college QBs high in the draft - as reported. GMs do that because it is due diligence and because - you never know when one of these guys is available a couple years down the road - when your research might come in handy. That interest also profiles your franchise as one who may pick a QB that falls to you - and cause others to jump in front of you to take guys you don't want - or offer your team a package in exchange for the pick.

As I have argued for months now - the Broncos have been putting this team together to compete with Lock (or Bridgewater) - not to compete with a 1st year non-Lawrence QB. I turned out right this time, but I am still humbled by thinking and arguing here in this forum that Paxton Lynch could become of good starter in the NFL if given the chance.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

what is this stupid shit?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Broncos let that report change their draft strategy - they are dumb bastards and deserve their fate. Everyone knows you don't give up a bird in the hand for one in the bushes.
Bingo.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's interesting is Dave Logan said on his podcast that when on the clock , Albright received a text from his insider and it said Fields.
Big Al, Dave , Albright were doing the KPA radio . All were very surprised it was Surtain.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's interesting is Dave Logan said on his podcast that when on the clock , Albright received a text from his insider and it said Fields.
Big Al, Dave , Albright were doing the KPA radio . All were very surprised it was Surtain.
Sounds like a classic misdirection move.