• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So are many surprised that the Greek Freak signed the Super Max and is staying in Milwaukee

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not shocked.

He seems genuine, never heard him say a negative word about the team, fans or city.

Good for you Dairylanders, fresh curds all around boys!!

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, Giannis is greek? But...but he's black!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Massive W for small market teams. Big F U to ESPN and all the major outlets that wanted him gone.

Happy for Bucks fans and respect Giannis for staying put.

Covering the potential that a superstar might sign elsewhere is not the same as wanting them gone. Literally every outlet that covers the NBA explored ideas of where Giannis might go if he did choose to go elsewhere.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screaming A seemed genuinely disgusted while hiding it behind forced happiness for Giannis last night on Sportscenter.
Good for Milwaukee. Between Yelich taking the home team discount last year and now this its two big wins for small market teams. Between this, Fiserv Forum, and all the development money they've pumped into downtown this ownership group is definitely not afraid to spend

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And of course both talking heads shows this morning have turned it into LeBron talk.....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O/u 1.5 years before he request a trade if they dont win a title?

I'd take the over. If it's a typical 5 year deal, there's a player option on year 5. I think he'll give it 4 years, 3 minimum.

He'll be 29 or 30 when he hits the option year. So, if he stays healthy and takes care of his body, he could hit FA then and still have a few prime years left if wants to chase a ring. The Bucks could also choose to trade him after year 3 if it's not looking like there's a path to a title for them.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screaming A seemed genuinely disgusted while hiding it behind forced happiness for Giannis last night on Sportscenter.
Good for Milwaukee. Between Yelich taking the home team discount last year and now this its two big wins for small market teams. Between this, Fiserv Forum, and all the development money they've pumped into downtown this ownership group is definitely not afraid to spend

I think it's good for the Bucks and also for the NBA that he stayed. It's going to be tough for them to out the pieces around him that can win a title. But at least they're trying and him signing a longer deal like that (I thought he'd sign a shorter deal) would seem to show that he believes they will continue to try.

The problem is going to be enticing another max level guy to join him,.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league would be a lot more appealing to me if there were more guys like this. Too many NBA players seem bitchy and whiny. That's not enjoyable.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And of course both talking heads shows this morning have turned it into LeBron talk.....

Lebron will have to ask for more money so he is the highest paid again since he is the one that should have won last years MVP

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Covering the potential that a superstar might sign elsewhere is not the same as wanting them gone. Literally every outlet that covers the NBA explored ideas of where Giannis might go if he did choose to go elsewhere.

What about the making up fake stories that he wanted to go to certain places based on their sources...

And it's always the large market and how cool it would be, which makes very little sense to me or the rating for that matter

They weren't pushing hard for him to sign with the Pacers or the Magic...

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league would be a lot more appealing to me if there were more guys like this. Too many NBA players seem bitchy and whiny. That's not enjoyable.

The league desperately needs a franchise tag like football

If Kansas City was a basketball town it would attract no players...That is the difference between football and basketball...Every city can be competitive...It's why its more popular imo

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league desperately needs a franchise tag like football

If Kansas City was a basketball town it would attract no players...That is the difference between football and basketball...Every city can be competitive...It's why its more popular imo

The franchise tag only exists because the NFL players union has no power at all.

That will never be allowed to happen in the NBA

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The franchise tag only exists because the NFL players union has no power at all.

That will never be allowed to happen in the NBA

Nobody said the NBA was smart...

The players having "power" has led to unprofitable franchises and record low ratings, maybe it's time for a change? *begging to China to make up the difference

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the making up fake stories that he wanted to go to certain places based on their sources...

And it's always the large market and how cool it would be, which makes very little sense to me or the rating for that matter

They weren't pushing hard for him to sign with the Pacers or the Magic...

I don't recall any stories where they said Giannis implicitly said he wanted to go X. Also, "they" weren't pushing for anywhere. The reason you didn't see any stories about the Pacers or Magic is because if Giannis is leaving Milwaukee, it would be to a team that can win a championship. The Magic ain't winning the championship. So you focus on teams that have the pieces in place, the championship pedigree, and the ability to make it happen. So that's why you saw Dallas, GS, Miami, etc all mentioned because those are realistic options. That's how it works. There isn't some grand conspiracy here. You're just making that up in your head.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody said the NBA was smart...

The players having "power" has led to unprofitable franchises and record low ratings, maybe it's time for a change? *begging to China to make up the difference

Yeah, that is all total BS.