• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So A Quick Question

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reallity stands that whether we draft 13th or 7th, will the QB's that are available be what we want or just another wasted pick.
Put Stidham in and let him flounder or flourish......

The QBs who could come in right away in 2021 will all be GONE before the Pats get a shot. Besides, even with the first pick BB has you know he won't use it on a QB. He will get a defensive player like he always does

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reallity stands that whether we draft 13th or 7th, will the QB's that are available be what we want or just another wasted pick.
Put Stidham in and let him flounder or flourish......
Look at the current NFL and how the drafts worked.

Alex Smith was taken over Rodgers and Rodgers waited forever to be drafted - Yet Rodgers should have been 1 overall without any second guesses...

The same applies for Mahomes who was drafted 9 picks after Trubisky, and Watson a couple of picks later should have been 2.

The 2018 draft is comical with Mayfield at 1 and at least looking decent now, but Darnold and Rosen in the top 10, along with Josh Allen... then Watson at 30. Rosen and Darnold seem washed up, Jackson the best of the group with Allen being reasonably close behind.

Then you have Wilson who was a third rounder I think...

This is why BB hasn't been making dramatic moves to Draft a QB... At 7 Allen or Mahomes could have been there... At 13 Watson and Rodgers... The teams that drafted the studs didn't see how good their guy was or they would have drafted up further to make sure they got their guy.. All other teams who drafted the duds or nobody clearly whiffed, but nobody could have predicted any of this.

Drafting a QB is wildly unpredictable... Look no further than the top 3 GOAT candidates Brady, Montana and Unitas, all draft well after the 1st round (6th, 3rd and something ridicules like 9th).

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yesterday ended any glimmer of hope the Pats could make the playoff's. It's apparent to all the Cam is not the QAB of the future, it's equally apparent there is not trade value for him. He had a shot to prove his worth to the team and the league and it's obvious he should not be a starting QB in this league. It's time for BB to swallow his pride internally accept the Cam ship has sailed and hand the reigns to Stidham for the last two games. Playing Cam at this point has zero value to the future of the team.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yesterday ended any glimmer of hope the Pats could make the playoff's. It's apparent to all the Cam is not the QAB of the future, it's equally apparent there is not trade value for him. He had a shot to prove his worth to the team and the league and it's obvious he should not be a starting QB in this league. It's time for BB to swallow his pride internally accept the Cam ship has sailed and hand the reigns to Stidham for the last two games. Playing Cam at this point has zero value to the future of the team.
Totally valid. As I stated in another thread, it appears that BB has a plan and of course, he's not sharing it. The cam ship has sailed, but putting in Stidham and winning 9 games would put the Patriots in the high teens in the draft. Lose the last two and the Pats could be drafting #8 if all the pieces fall into place. #8, #40, #72, +(1 Compensatory),#104 +(2 Compensatory), #176, No Sixth, 7th.

I fully expect BB to trade the #8 for a lower first round and a second round pick which will infuriate all of us.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally valid. As I stated in another thread, it appears that BB has a plan and of course, he's not sharing it. The cam ship has sailed, but putting in Stidham and winning 9 games would put the Patriots in the high teens in the draft. Lose the last two and the Pats could be drafting #8 if all the pieces fall into place. #8, #40, #72, +(1 Compensatory),#104 +(2 Compensatory), #176, No Sixth, 7th.

I fully expect BB to trade the #8 for a lower first round and a second round pick which will infuriate all of us.
I am all for trading out #8