• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Snow White (2024)

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s woke garbage

Pushing Marxist nonsense

And it’s lazy af

They are using ip for name bump but not even telling the same story

This deserves to burn with anyone who supports it

• Facepalm
Reactions: ill

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The idea Gal Gadot is going to look into the mirror and ask "who's the fairest of them all" and the mirror doesn't say it's her is a bridge too far for me. Yes....yes she is.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The idea Gal Gadot is going to look into the mirror and ask "who's the fairest of them all" and the mirror doesn't say it's her is a bridge too far for me. Yes....yes she is.
it apparently is a bridge too far for her as well...which is why the story exists.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, did Disney cave in and will give us dwarves after all, even if it's cgi dwarves.

1698441178322.png

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding the controversial leaked image of the “dwarves” from a few months ago, I thought I read somewhere that those actors were just stand ins, and were not the actual actors intended for use as the “dwarves” in the movie.

Did Disney ever state that those “dwarves” were intended to be the actual ones used in the movie, or was the internet fury completely based on the assumption that it was the intended strategy of the producers to redefine the “dwarves”?

How will the Brett Cooper Snow White movie draw ticket sales away from this flick? Using Brett Cooper will obviously cause the audience to have a different target audience than a Disney produced, modern, “you go gurl” narrative Snow White.

But will the two movies help each other or hurt each other?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding the controversial leaked image of the “dwarves” from a few months ago, I thought I read somewhere that those actors were just stand ins, and were not the actual actors intended for use as the “dwarves” in the movie.

Did Disney ever state that those “dwarves” were intended to be the actual ones used in the movie, or was the internet fury completely based on the assumption that it was the intended strategy of the producers to redefine the “dwarves”?

How will the Brett Cooper Snow White movie draw ticket sales away from this flick? Using Brett Cooper will obviously cause the audience to have a different target audience than a Disney produced, modern, “you go gurl” narrative Snow White.

Well one is toxic af and the other has Brett cooper, so curious how it goes

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well one is toxic af and the other has Brett cooper, so curious how it goes
I am just anticipating the Brett Cooper nude scenes. I will buy a ticket to THAT movie.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think the Brett Cooper one is supposed to go to theaters, it's for Dailywire's subs.

Disney's version will sink or swim on its own merits, I don't see the DW having any effect on it. So far, they (and the actress playing Snow White) keep shooting themselves in their feet. That picture with the stand-ins should never have been released because it played right into the criticism that Disney's been receiving regarding these remakes, and Zeggler really needs to be trained about what she's supposed to be saying about this movie. Shitting on the old Snow White movie or on the original story is really dumb.

Last edited:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was obvious from the start they were stand ins. Certain people are just fucking morons and should not be listened to about anything.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was obvious from the start they were stand ins. Certain people are just fucking morons and should not be listened to about anything.

I know nothing about the movie making business, but why would you need stand-ins in full costumes if the dwarves were going to be CGI and look nothing like those stand ins?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know nothing about the movie making business, but why would you need stand-ins in full costumes if the dwarves were going to be CGI and look nothing like those stand ins?
I have no idea if they were stand ins or not. I have only seen similar comments of “Only an idiot would think those were the real actors”, with no evidence beyond that. That said, those were shabby af costumes if they were the real deal. But why release those horrible pics? The whole thing thing just never really made sense to me.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea if they were stand ins or not. I have only seen similar comments of “Only an idiot would think those were the real actors”, with no evidence beyond that. That said, those were shabby af costumes if they were the real deal. But why release those horrible pics? The whole thing thing just never really made sense to me.

While I do think those were stand ins (there's another picture with a Snow White that isn't Zeggler), I also think that the character designs were accurate, and those people resembled the actual characters they were standing in for. If not, what's the point of a stand in? The movie has been in production for years now and it's been delayed a year, so I believe (pure speculation) that they changed their minds and now are using the CGI dwarves.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No Vedder, you are correct

that is how stand ins work and these look nothing like the cgi ones…

They caved because Disney and their star actors here are incredibly bad at pr

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's another picture with a Snow White that isn't Zeggler
Is this the image you are referring to?

2023.10.17-03.45-boundingintocomics-652e0360f2f72-scaled.jpg

This is Brett Cooper. DailyWire is making a competing Snow White movie (the Snow White story is public domain) in response to the Zeggler PR comments.

And for the record, this is only a proof of concept photo. Filming has not begun and the project was just announced a few weeks ago.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It varies from production to production but they'll put stand ins in some type of costumes to keep up the "atmosphere" or whatever is being shot. Like if you've got a set or an outside shot and you shoot just normal looking people, your eyes might not notice something in the background (ie modern real world stuff) that shouldn't be there. Keeping everything as close to the actual final shots keeps everyone's focus up. And they use stand ins for stuff like framing shots, like trying to figure out the best camera angles, lighting, sound mic placements, etc. Stand ins are also for CGI characters so the real world actors have something to play off of. They'll put them in some type of costume (doesn't have to be the actual look, just something) to keep the actor in the right mindset. That pic from a few months back looked like your basic technical framing stuff. All stand ins being used so production could figure out the logistics of filming an outdoor scene.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this the image you are referring to?

This is Brett Cooper. DailyWire is making a competing Snow White movie (the Snow White story is public domain) in response to the Zeggler PR comments.

And for the record, this is only a proof of concept photo. Filming has not begun and the project was just announced a few weeks ago.

1698533055291.png

It's this one, with the "prince", a Snow White stand-in and whatever those other characters are. All of them are stand-ins, but this picture makes sense only if those are actual character designs that they are testing. You don't need fully costumed stand-ins unless you are actually shooting scenes with the actual actors. Now, the dwarves will be CGIed and they are delaying the project for a full year, even when they supposedly finished shooting a while ago and were ready to release a trailer.

Since Disney's going through a lot of changes / cancellations right now. This was shot in the UK, so I'm not sure if the strikes prevent them from shooting (House of the Dragon hasn't stopped), but this kind of delay only points to major changes in the movie.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 344570

It's this one, with the "prince", a Snow White stand-in and whatever those other characters are. All of them are stand-ins, but this picture makes sense only if those are actual character designs that they are testing. You don't need fully costumed stand-ins unless you are actually shooting scenes with the actual actors. Now, the dwarves will be CGIed and they are delaying the project for a full year, even when they supposedly finished shooting a while ago and were ready to release a trailer.

Since Disney's going through a lot of changes / cancellations right now. This was shot in the UK, so I'm not sure if the strikes prevent them from shooting (House of the Dragon hasn't stopped), but this kind of delay only points to major changes in the movie.
Ah

This was the image (one of them, at least) that caused the uproar. I thought you were saying you saw a different image AFTER this one.

I misunderstood…