• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Snider Article (ZOMG WERE GETTIN WEBER OR SUTER)

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snider optimistic about Flyers' direction

Snider praised the deals that sent Mike Richards and Jeff Carter packing, said he loved the Flyers’ young nucleus, and added he thought the team would have won the Cup if defensemen Chris Pronger and Andrej Meszaros had been healthy. He hinted that the Flyers would make a move for a defenseman (Nashville free-agent Ryan Suter?) and said goalie Ilya Bryzgalov “wasn’t prepared for Philadelphia fans” but that “without question” he was happy he signed him.

From Sam Carchidi, my favorite Twitterer.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take on this is if the Flyers really want Suter, be prepared for another ridiculous Bryzy type contract. Detroit can outbid us due to cap space. Detroit doesn't do these ridiculous contracts like we do. They may offer Suter a 5 year vs the Flyers may offer a 10 year smaller cap to get Suter. If you can handle this, then let's do it. I think I'd rather invest with some bigger and tougher dmen who may be available.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also said we weren't ready for the NJ series mentally, which seems to be some kind of consensus now.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We couldnt get out of our own zone for long stretches at a time they forchecked the shit out of us, being down a couple or three dman didnt help our cause.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We couldnt get out of our own zone for long stretches at a time they forchecked the shit out of us, being down a couple or three dman didnt help our cause.

Snider pointed that out, too. Though JJ posted a link to a video (a while back) showing JVR and Briere floating down the ice, while Gustaffson was getting pinned to the glass. Need everybody on the same page, and better puck support, too.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snider pointed that out, too. Though JJ posted a link to a video (a while back) showing JVR and Briere floating down the ice, while Gustaffson was getting pinned to the glass. Need everybody on the same page, and better puck support, too.

I am in utter shock that JVR and Brierre didnt come back on D who wouldve thunk it.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather get garrison at half the cost. Coburn and grossmann can shut anyone down, why do we need a big splash on d?

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dustin Leed ‏@D_LEED
Flyers offseason focus is going to be on the defense. The feeling I get is there is going to be some serious money thrown at D.

Dustin Leed ‏@D_LEED
From talking to some people recently, Flyers feel the defense needs some fixing and replacing. Age + injury problems need addressed

Dustin Leed ‏@D_LEED
So, to me, that means after Matt Carle signs with the #Flyers, they’ll still try to go After Suter and others.

So that means JVR is gone, right?

Dustin Leed ‏@D_LEED
I’ve said I think the #Flyers should find a winger to play with Giroux... I’m told its not going to happen. They view JvR as that guy.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure who Dustin leed is, but his comments seem legit.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure who Dustin leed is, but his comments seem legit.

@NHLFlyers columnist/analyst at @TheFourthPeriod, sports staff/writer for Lancaster Newspapers, owner/editor-in-chief for @TheHockeyGuys. Opinions are my own.

I dont know a lot about him either, but he seems to always be around in the Flyers Twitterverse.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that the rationale is that the Flyers can obviously score goals so why not focus on D? Prongs is done kimmo next year so why not use the cash to bring in a legit guy. Plus they can fill the 6/7 slots with gusty and bourdon who are cheap. As you can tell I'm guessing that carles gone.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that the rationale is that the Flyers can obviously score goals so why not focus on D? Prongs is done kimmo next year so why not use the cash to bring in a legit guy. Plus they can fill the 6/7 slots with gusty and bourdon who are cheap. As you can tell I'm guessing that carles gone.

Basically how I feel. Improve D, make ourself a more defensive oriented team. It will help Bryz, we'll be abiding by the "Defense wins Championships" adage, and regardless of how defensively we play all 4 lines can score.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does dustin leed give out any info about who goes so we can improve our defense??? we need at least 2 more dmen and im hoping to get a good one in a trade.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does dustin leed give out any info about who goes so we can improve our defense??? we need at least 2 more dmen and im hoping to get a good one in a trade.

I'm with you brotha!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't forget Las that both gusty and bourdon will most likely be improved after last seasons experience 2 dmen next year may not be necessary due to this I'm just hoping that they can improve upon carle and if so the top 5 would be wicked again. Basically replace pronger or as close as possible. Grossmann has lessoned the blow but it allows the team to put together a sick group if they can find that one extra killer.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget Las that both gusty and bourdon will most likely be improved after last seasons experience 2 dmen next year may not be necessary due to this I'm just hoping that they can improve upon carle and if so the top 5 would be wicked again. Basically replace pronger or as close as possible. Grossmann has lessoned the blow but it allows the team to put together a sick group if they can find that one extra killer.

I personally like Bourdon and Gust but with the way the devils exposed our D last year i would like a stud back there as well as Kimmo Coburn Grossy and the aformentioned other 2. I also think Gust would make a better forward than a Dman, i know he's young but he didnt win one battle on the boards and a bigger stronger guy might be more suitable in that situation.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally like Bourdon and Gust but with the way the devils exposed our D last year i would like a stud back there as well as Kimmo Coburn Grossy and the aformentioned other 2. I also think Gust would make a better forward than a Dman, i know he's young but he didnt win one battle on the boards and a bigger stronger guy might be more suitable in that situation.

Interesting thought. Great point on him getting worked on the boards. He either needs to get huge in the offseason or do what you said.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I saw that video, and trust me, neither JVR nor Briere were floating down the ice. They were all-out best-in-class horsepower jet engines with afterburners full speed ahead zipping down the ice as hard as their little legs could go. They were probably in better position to defend the Jersey net than the Flyers. The Devils' forecheck succeeded for two reasons - one, we weren't in positions to support our D, and two, even after we adjusted (which we still didn't do that well), the young Dmen were already rattled and started making mistakes before the pressure got there. I feel bad for Gusty, because we basically told him to beat two men on his own as the last guy, which, you know, you aren't supposed to do.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that video, and trust me, neither JVR nor Briere were floating down the ice. They were all-out best-in-class horsepower jet engines with afterburners full speed ahead zipping down the ice as hard as their little legs could go. They were probably in better position to defend the Jersey net than the Flyers. The Devils' forecheck succeeded for two reasons - one, we weren't in positions to support our D, and two, even after we adjusted (which we still didn't do that well), the young Dmen were already rattled and started making mistakes before the pressure got there. I feel bad for Gusty, because we basically told him to beat two men on his own as the last guy, which, you know, you aren't supposed to do.

Agreed but what's wrong with coburn and grossmann, timonen and suter, mez and either gusty or bourdon next year? They're all mobile and with the right pairings the front of the net can be cleared and if the forwards actually play some d I think they'll be fine. All of them can also make the outlet passed with no issues. The young dmen should be that much more better than last year from experience alone. Let's win a cup!

Last edited by a moderator:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed but what's wrong with coburn and grossmann, timonen and suter, mez and either gusty or bourdon next year? They're all mobile and with the right pairings the front of the net can be cleared and if the forwards actually play some d I think they'll be fine. PlThe young dmen should be that much more better than last year from experience alone. Let's win a cup!

agreed Lets win the Cup!!!!!!!