• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: SNF: Seahawks @ Cardinals 8:20/5:20 NBC/TSN/CTV2

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great example of the offense not being able to carry the defense... Defense sux...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
offense only put up 7 in the 2nd half, i said they would have to keep scoring to win and they just couldn't! Can not keep living on the edge or a slump is coming.

Yeah... Offense can't always carry this horrible defense... Will eventually catch up to us - like it did tonight...

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we PLEASE get someone to replace Norton now?!

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... Offense can't always carry this horrible defense... Will eventually catch up to us - like it did tonight...

I will give you that wasn't our defense's final hour....

But we did shoot ourselves in the foot alot and Russ had a okay game

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give you that wasn't our defense's final hour....

But we did shoot ourselves in the foot alot and Russ had a okay game
That's what we've been saying... If RW isn't at his best, it won't be able to cover for the poor defense we have... Tonight was a classic example... 31 pts a game teams are scoring against us...

We will lose a few more like this because of our defense... No question about it...

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that was fuckin retarded. Exactly what I thought could happen. Couldn't stop Murray, gave up a shit ton of points, and lost.

Really should have won several times over. There isn't a single team in the league other than Atlanta that gives up leads as consistently as Seattle. It's pathetic. Those picks were all BRUTUAL. There is ZERO REASON this game should have been worse than a tie. Absolutely crazy how easy it was to call Arizona still winning even after they missed that FG.

Seattle is going to win plenty of games this year, but unless the defense stops being complete dogshit they're just going to exit the playoffs in the second round and be the league's worst good team for another season. Yes, I realize the picks did this team in here but you should never score 34 and lose.

Worst loss to have here too. Divisional game and all. This is why I drink. All that fuckin stress and they give it away.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what we've been saying... If RW isn't at his best, it won't be able to cover for the poor defense we have... Tonight was a classic example... 31 pts a game teams are scoring against us...

I hear you....

It just gets on my nerves sometimes, all of the defense bashing, and I lash out.

Imo he got a good defense but not great, game changing, but in a weird way, i like it.

We aren't flashy or going to hold teams to under 30. We just do our jobs and win games/Keep it close. Get turnovers and a stop or two,

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that was fuckin retarded. Exactly what I thought could happen. Couldn't stop Murray, gave up a shit ton of points, and lost.

Really should have won several times over. There isn't a single team in the league other than Atlanta that gives up leads as consistently as Seattle. It's pathetic. Those picks were all BRUTUAL. There is ZERO REASON this game should have been worse than a tie. Absolutely crazy how easy it was to call Arizona still winning even after they missed that FG.

Seattle is going to win plenty of games this year, but unless the defense stops being complete dogshit they're just going to exit the playoffs in the second round and be the league's worst good team for another season. Yes, I realize the picks did this team in here but you should never score 34 and lose.

Worst loss to have here too. Divisional game and all. This is why I drink. All that fuckin stress and they give it away.

I don't. It's like politics....

sometimes you get it right, sometimes you get it wrong. Ain't no use for any Spilled milk.

Just sit back and worry about the next one

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you....

It just gets on my nerves sometimes, all of the defense bashing, and I lash out.

Imo he got a good defense but not great, game changing, but in a weird way, i like it.

We aren't flashy or going to hold teams to under 30. We just do our jobs and win games/Keep it close. Get turnovers and a stop or two,
I understand you. I’m usually optimistic but this year with our defense I am realistic. It is bad.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know whats sad? i am not upset with the loss. Sometimes it takes a loss to wake a team or position group up. Lots of young guys playing so i am sure this tastes bad and Wilson wont throw 3 INT's in a game again this season i am sure. From an amazing TD catch and run by DK to a heartbreaking FG in what felt like 10 seconds. That was a ticky tacky call but it was the right call. The PF on Bobby on 3rd down was the wrong call though earlier in the game.

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bad thing for you guys was that holding call, yes bad because the TD was called back, but also bad is if it didn't happen, DK would have been tackled for the first, and Seattle still would have the ball in great position. Double whammy.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sucks that we were coming off a bye week and the Cardinals were coming off an away game the week before so really they had a lot less time to prepare of this game. Hopefully down the stretch this game wont kill us.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, probably not much to add that hasn't already been said. Really lousy 2nd half by the team and especially Russell, which feels weird to type. We just don't have a good enough defense to overcome a prolonged period of poor play on offense. TL was amazing though. I thought Jordyn Brooks looked really good as well. We need Jamal Adams back ASAP.

On to SF.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was such a piss poor second half and even worse OT.

Why in the hell were the DBs playing 10yds soft at the end of the game? The Hawks literally allowed them to get chunk plays one after the next, it was so frustrating. They were playing not to lose rather than playing to win and it cost them the game. Considering that they probably shouldn't have won the Minnesota game this one can now take the place of that win cause this one falls directly on the Hawks. Not to take anything away from AZ cause they were scrappy, this one was ours and they blew it.

On the bright side Jamal Adams, Snacks, and the emergence of Brooks should bode well for the defense; though Norton continues to scare me with his play calling.

Hawks should be ok even after this, but they need to let this one burn for a few days.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrible and stupid mistakes gave this game away. Stupid mistakes happen which annoy me but the lack of pressure on Murray all game finally got to me. We all knew the pass rush wouldn't be good and wasn't addressed and it finally bit this team in the ass.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was such a piss poor second half and even worse OT.

Why in the hell were the DBs playing 10yds soft at the end of the game? The Hawks literally allowed them to get chunk plays one after the next, it was so frustrating. They were playing not to lose rather than playing to win and it cost them the game. Considering that they probably shouldn't have won the Minnesota game this one can now take the place of that win cause this one falls directly on the Hawks. Not to take anything away from AZ cause they were scrappy, this one was ours and they blew it.

On the bright side Jamal Adams, Snacks, and the emergence of Brooks should bode well for the defense; though Norton continues to scare me with his play calling.

Hawks should be ok even after this, but they need to let this one burn for a few days.

It's what I've been posting (hell I created a thread on it) for YEARS (yes I was actually posting commentary on getting rid of Norton over the last couple years).. Ken Norton needs to be fired. Hell I've gone as far to say he's a diversity hire at this point.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrible and stupid mistakes gave this game away. Stupid mistakes happen which annoy me but the lack of pressure on Murray all game finally got to me. We all knew the pass rush wouldn't be good and wasn't addressed and it finally bit this team in the ass.

it's been biting them in the ass all season long thats why i am MIFFED they didn't make a play for David Irving! WTF Seattle!

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's been biting them in the ass all season long thats why i am MIFFED they didn't make a play for David Irving! WTF Seattle!
I don't get it either. Now a guy who the FO should have gone after is now on the market, Everson Griffith.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it either. Now a guy who the FO should have gone after is now on the market, Everson Griffith.

Makes me wonder if they're trying to put something together for Dunlap or Jacob Martin... Maybe they prefer those two guys... I wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks brought back Jacob Martin from the Texans... I would also be surprised if we're not trying to do something to improve the DL...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes me wonder if they're trying to put something together for Dunlap or Jacob Martin... Maybe they prefer those two guys... I wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks brought back Jacob Martin from the Texans... I would also be surprised if we're not trying to do something to improve the DL...
Dunlop is the winner for a 7th