• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

snafus yet?

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
weird TOs or clock mismanagement

... the other thing: stupid penalties

if we could just fix these issues, I could tolerate watching

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
weird TOs or clock mismanagement

... the other thing: stupid penalties

if we could just fix these issues, I could tolerate watching

I didn't see any clock management issues, from what I can recall.

Plenty of crazy turnovers.

We didn't have a single false start penalty that I can remember, and in Seattle with that crowd and this new offensive line, that was impressive.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see any clock management issues, from what I can recall.

Plenty of crazy turnovers.

We didn't have a single false start penalty that I can remember, and in Seattle with that crowd and this new offensive line, that was impressive.
Yeah, there were two issues:

One the clock ran down and they threw the challenge flag - really instead of just taking a TO.

3rd and 1 or 3rd and 2, and they let the clock run out instead of taking a TO deep inside SEA territory - I think they ended up punting, maybe? Eitherway, a TO there saves you from 3rd and 6 or 3rd and 7, which led to a 4th down anyway.

However, what I did like about this was, during the coaches interview this past week, he owned up to those mistakes. Called them out on himself and said he needs to be aware. Such a 180 from Marvin who would have hemmed and hawed about why they did what they did instead of just admitting he made a mistake.

Lewis was a great coach, the right coach at the right time....twice....for this team. But his arrogance is one of the reason, I believe, this team could never get over the hump. He always thought he knew more, knew better, and that he shouldn't be questioned - and that came across 100% clear in any interview he ever did with the local media or even with the roster itself. It's that arrogance that hindered his ultimate success.