• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Smith

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe GB is getting rid of the wrong Smith but it doesn’t surprise me. They will regret it later.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe GB is getting rid of the wrong Smith but it doesn’t surprise me. They will regret it later.
I would've rather kept Campbell. Campbell had a greater positive impact on the D than either Smith did last year. We already knew Z wasn't sticking around and Preston feels too much like Nick Perry to me as a player (and now he's also got the bloated contract to match). If you look at Preston's contract structure, it's a near certainty that he'll be cut right after the '24 season.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would've rather kept Campbell. Campbell had a greater positive impact on the D than either Smith did last year. We already knew Z wasn't sticking around and Preston feels too much like Nick Perry to me as a player (and now he's also got the bloated contract to match). If you look at Preston's contract structure, it's a near certainty that he'll be cut right after the '24 season.

Campbell is now back... 5 years $50M

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe... but played without Z. Smith basically entire 2021 and defense played well. Maybe injury concerns played a role in the decision, back problems can be very problematic.... also there was some issues with attitude when he was not named a captain.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe... but played without Z. Smith basically entire 2021 and defense played well. Maybe injury concerns played a role in the decision, back problems can be very problematic.... also there was some issues with attitude when he was not named a captain.
Speaking of attitude, Z's vocal & on-field display of political & social activism rubbed quite a few Packer fans the wrong way. Many fans I speak to don't want all this political & social activism infiltrating the on-field product and Z was a leader in exactly that. Not saying that was a factor in not retaining his services, but not retaining him is a-okay with quite a few people I know because of that.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of attitude, Z's vocal & on-field display of political & social activism rubbed quite a few Packer fans the wrong way. Many fans I speak to don't want all this political & social activism infiltrating the on-field product and Z was a leader in exactly that. Not saying that was a factor in not retaining his services, but not retaining him is a-okay with quite a few people I know because of that.
I think Z is the better athlete. I’m not saying it’s a huge loss cuz like Taint said, he was gone basically the entire season. I just don’t have any confidence in Preston. I believe this will be another bad decision by mgt.