• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Smallville

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been giving this one a rewatch over the last week or so. I am almost done with S2.

The main thing that is jumping out to me is that Kristin Kreuk was a HORRIBLE actress. She was cute af, but omfg was she a stiff actress.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been giving this one a rewatch over the last week or so. I am almost done with S2.

The main thing that is jumping out to me is that Kristin Kreuk was a HORRIBLE actress. She was cute af, but omfg was she a stiff actress.

She was too busy working for a sex cult.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Smallville is awesome; so much fun to watch! :thumb: Great show that did a lot to pave the way for the superhero shows that would come in later years.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was Allison Mack, not Kristin Kreuk.
Allison Mack was kinda cute, in a nerdy, geeky sorta way. But she looked like she was the type of girl who had HORRIBLE breath.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i see S2 as my guilty pleasure.

to me it’s the heart of the entire show. S3 and 4 get a little weird.

plus he learns a ton about his past.

Rossetta is up there as the best smallville episode ever.

plus I really love The lex/Clark dynamic in the early seasons.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I apologize for season 5 and 7 in advance. Easily the two weakest seasons imo.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And if you ever insult KK again...friendship over.

but her character was so annoying trying to learn Clark’s secret in S2.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And when Clark tells the girls off at the end of Dichotic (Jonathan Taylor Thomas episode) is one of the best scenes in the early years. Dude finally shows a spine against someone who doesn’t have superpowers

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give us a god damn update so I have someone to talk smallville with.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give us a god damn update so I have someone to talk smallville with.
LOL

into S7 now. As I type, he is in the Fortress talking to Lara.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

into S7 now. As I type, he is in the Fortress talking to Lara.

damn you flew.

let’s jump into some points

s2 is my guilty pleasure. It was just the heart of the show imo. But s6 is my favorite overall. Rosetta (s2) and Justice (s6) are probsvly my 2 favorite episodes and I think that they should’ve explored justice in a long term arc, at least like they did the Adam story in s3.

s3 is the first one with a longer term story, and s4 is the first season with a whole season arc, but it’s weird and don’t get me started on how kryptonians made traps out kryptonite.

sorry about s5. It blew across the board. Episode 5-12 is the most overrated and ridiculous episode ever. Why are you getting engaged the day of your dads election and why are you running away from your soon to be father in law after his big moment? Just a bad job all around.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They wanted to leave the door open for more Justice related stuff, but at the same time, the more they went there, the less anything else they did would matter.

Remember, they were going to do a bunch of spinoffs (Aquaman, Wonder Woman, I think the original idea for Arrow was as a spin-off).

One thing that is hitting me is that Flash and the Star Labs explosion is a complete bite off of the meteor freaks.

Knowing Alison Mack’s future makes it kinda tough to see her on the show. Where did she break bad? Was she already a freak during this show, or did that all come later. Very unfortunate story.

Too bad Reeves died when he did (as far as this show is concerned). That whole arc had to be abandoned because of it. Not certain why they couldn’t just rewrite it around Kidder’s character instead. Was that about the time that she went completely bonkers as well?

5-12 was a big deal at the time. I remember there being rampant speculation about who was going to die. I also remember originally watching and knowing there was going to be some kind of reset because the reveal to Lana was almost throw-away in the opening scene. Her discovery HAD to be a big deal. No way were they going to gloss over it.

Hartley was such a better Oliver than Amell. Too bad they decided against the Small-verse in favor of the Arrow-verse instead. But I guess they knew they were limited story-wise in a world were Superman was already established. Starting fresh with a non-powered hero was probably the best idea, all things considered.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a proposal would be a pretty big deal for the reveal of the secret.

plus she still didn’t know Clark had Powers, I like when she learned everything in season 6.

Lana made it hard to work because I’m Superman cannon I’m pretty she was the first to learn the truth about Clark. The hoops they had to jump through to keep them apart was tough at times, that was red kryptonites primary purpose for the show.

kidder shows up a few times in season 4. And then they killed her off cause she went nuts I think.

No idea on Mack. But I think she was at least starting to do it during the show. I say that because there were rumors KK was apart of it at first but those seem to have been sniffed out.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes, they got the idea for arrow due to the popularity of Hartleys character.

it’s more true to the GA character.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a proposal would be a pretty big deal for the reveal of the secret.

plus she still didn’t know Clark had Powers, I like when she learned everything in season 6.
Sure, it is a big deal. But there was no build up. From a story telling POV, it was throw-away. And she didn’t know about his powers going in, but I think she kinda put it together when he was able to create an already-cut diamond by compressing some coal.

The episode where she officially confirmed her suspicions was OK. The Uber-teen-angst manner in which she did it along with the faux-heel turn for Lionel was all a bit much, but the story telling device used was interesting. Was there a guest director for that episode?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, it is a big deal. But there was no build up. From a story telling POV, it was throw-away. And she didn’t know about his powers going in, but I think she kinda put it together when he was able to create an already-cut diamond by compressing some coal.

The episode where she officially confirmed her suspicions was OK. The Uber-teen-angst manner in which she did it along with the faux-heel turn for Lionel was all a bit much, but the story telling device used was interesting. Was there a guest director for that episode?

her beliefs were confirmed before that. They were confirmed when lex stabbed Clark with the chisel (don’t get me started on how someone with super speed let’s that happen) and she stole the evidence.

that was a decent build.

She confirmed everything else with her trick locking chloe in the wine cellar in the episode you mentioned.

but she already was having a few ideas about him before that.